• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Battles of the Past

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Looking at this game I'd say that it takes place at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution (relative to our world), which was about 200-250 years ago. Meaning that this game would probably take place 500-700 years prior to the official ones

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    For those who were wondering what I would do about the storage system, I have updated the website with a video of my "new" storage system. You also get a look at the new Pokemon graphics.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    Just updated my site with a new video. I decided to implement a difficulty system.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    If anybody hasn't heard the news, I have joined the team as a designer. The first thing I did was complete a custom Pokédex for the game. The Pokédex takes into account native species and Pokémon that either did not exist or were undiscovered several hundred years ago.

Keep in mind that the game now takes place 500-600 years before the present day.

Updated Pokédex
    version 2.1
    The Pokédex (well, it'll just be a journal in the game) will contain 198 entries.

Next I will be working on the history of the Pokéworld.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    Well, It has been a couple of weeks since I updated so here it goes.

The game outline has had a revamp and some of the features have been updated. InMooseWeTrust has given me loads of advice and alot of ideas have been taken on board. The PokePad has been updated to include 198 Pokemon ranging from Pokemon in all generations who have a logical reason for being in Kanto (see the previous post for all the included Pokemon). Speaking of Kanto, game progression will not be the same as the original games. For example, you start in Viridian Farm and can't get into Pewter till much later in the game. There will also be new additions to the world map but it is staying in Kanto. You can see that I have replaced the PC system. A new option on the menu called PokeBag will serve as the access for Pokemon Storage and a Mail Box serves as the Mail Box. Another thing to go is the three starters choice. I did originaly plan to have that in the game but decided with help from InMooseWeTrust that you are given a Pokemon at the start and that is the starter. BTW the first Pokemon you get is Ponyta. The reason is explained at the start of the game.

InMooseWeTrust made me understand that I didn't fully explain the difficulty settings I have added to the game. Not only will the level of wild Pokemon be higher (hard) or lower (easy) but the experience gain from those battles will be higher (easy) or lower (hard). So, you can get high level Pokemon in the wild but they evolve alot slower or low level Pokemon that level up quicker. The choice is up to you. There is of course a normal mode where the experience will be like the GBA games. The Pokemon have also had a bit of an upgrade too. As the game is set in the past, there is a possibility that some were tougher and some were weaker. The one I draw your attention to is Magikarp. No longer is it a 3 move Pokemon. In fact you may want to use it all the way to level 100. The main character and the rival have been chosen. The character you play as is called Maizy and lives on Viridian Farm. The rivals name is James and he is new to the Kanto region.

Anyway, I am gearing for a first release by the end of next month. Not all the graphics will be done but all the events, trainers and wild Pokemon will be included. Most of the maps have been created so it is very near completion. Watch this space.

Back