• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Beaten till Forgotten

Years
    Alright, well before I begin, I'd just like to tell you that this Prologue was written about.. a year and a half before the first chapter was even thought of. So, the story has been in the works, for a long time. I spell checked it and went over it. Though I must inform you that I am not good at revising, or any of that business, so if I missed something, please bare with me.

Enjoy!

P.S: If you don't like how the format is so intended, then you can tell me, and I'll give 'er a fixin'. :)

----

Pokemon: Beaten till Forgotten
    Story by Kricketune

Prologue

Dozens of lines did what lines do; they lined up, covering most of the hideout of none other than Team Magma. Red hooded figures of both genders stayed, poise in their place. Each of them close enough to feel the ones before them breathing down their neck. Tension was building up, making a irradiating atmosphere. There was already enough heat filtering the air from the pools of random scorching magma that laid in pussing, steaming bubbles. Beads of sweat fall from the hairlines of nearly every member. No one dared to move a hand to wipe their brows. It was as though moving would trigger the tension to explode.. and that would not be a swell thing to do amongst steaming pools of lava. These members were obviously the scheming and conspiring bandits of Team Magma which could be told from the black symbol embedding the front of their uniforms; an outline of what seemed to be a volcano morphing into an M.

The sound of the lava sizzling, and the steaming bubbles popping seemed to be the only sound to be acknowledged. Everyone seemed to keep their breathing to themselves. Footsteps, light but hasty picked up, coming from a small opening in one of the walls. It was soon followed by heavy breathing. No one turned an ear or eye to see what it was. A small figure broke through the darkness of the small opening, and found themselves on all fours, panting and trying to catch their breath for all that they were worth. It was another hooded figure, quite similar to the other hundred that were lined up, straight and zombie. It was a girl, who appeared dangerously young to be caught up with people such as Team Magma. Black hair cascaded from the red hood that covered her head. Even through the shadow of the over hood, you could still notice the pallid skin and silver orb eyes. Her skin was glistening with sweat, and she had a worried expression painted across her face.

She got up quickly, grabbing the PokeBalls that had fallen from her belt. She clipped them back on, looked in every single direction with her eyes darting everywhere, and retreated to the end of the first line in sight. No one glanced at her as she made her way, no one acknowledged her existence, or seemed to at least. She got to the end, still calming her breathing, and muttering to herself, "Please, don't let him see me. Please, don't let him see me!"

A few more seconds of silence continued, before a load clank echoed, startling some people, then shortly followed by a load voice booming; "Maloe!"

The young girl jumped, yelping in surprise, clearly not suspecting this. She leaned with one foot outside of her line, and glared up towards the front. Standing there, in full glory was Team Magma's leader; Maxie. He had his hands planted on his waist, one foot tapping the gravel ground repeatably, and a cocky smile dancing upon his lips, he returned Maloe's glare with one of his own.
    "Late again, I see!" He boomed again, startling a few more members, "The young never seem to learn."

Maloe sighed, rolled her eyes and tried to hide herself as best she could, hoping Maxie would forget about her late entrance, although she was positive that he wouldn't.

All hope she had was shattered when Maxie took another boom of a announcement, "Maloe! Could you please make your way to the front?"

Why he bothered asking was nothing more than cruel humor. She knew this wasn't a yes or no question. She had no option of whether or not to stay where she was or actually make her way to the front. She had to go to the front. So, with one muffled moan she slowly but eventually abandoned her place in line and made her way towards Maxie, who still maintained the cocky smile. He was the leader of the pack, he had power over them all, somehow playing God to a small collection of the human race seemed to entertain him, which he was about to show as soon as Maloe stood right in front of him.

He fingered the loop of this Pokebelt as he seemed to be pondering on something. He tapped his wide chin with a ash filled finger, looking up at the high ceiling of rock. Maloe knew this look quite well, it was the look that Maxie always presented before putting on a show for the team. He liked to do that a lot, to show them that he was the one with the power. He expressed it best by picking on the younger members of Team Magma, members just like Maloe.

"I think.." he said in a mock tone, "That you need to be taught a lesson."

He glanced at Maloe quickly, then pushed passed her, opening his arms out to the other 99 members of Team Magma. He chuckled, "What do you think it should be today, gang? Tightrope walking across a pool of lava? A sleepover in the hot springs? 105 vs. 5 Pokemon battle?"

Maloe stood there, motionless. All of this was nothing new. She had gone through this procedure many times before. She had mastered tightrope walking across the lava pools, although it really wasn't tightrope walking at all. Although Maxie had never seen or visited the hot springs, he had sent Maloe there for the night several times. It was the punishment she most hoped for. These hot springs were dead, she never had any problems, and it was a rather cool place, a nice breeze that relieved her from the hot atmosphere in the hollowed out valcano that Team Magma called their hideout. As for the 105 vs 5 Pokemon battle, it was just as Maxie had stated. 105 Pokemon vs Maloe's Pokemon, which totaled to be five. Every member called out thier Pokemon and Maloe was forced to battle every single last one of them, with only five Pokemon and no chance to heal them. It mostly put a strain on Maloe's team, but she seemed to break through on several glorious occasions. Which is why Maxie had a liking for picking on her.. or so she liked to believe.

Uproars finally broke the tension, and the valcano was now far from silent. Maloe seemed to be the only one not enjoying this. She looked around with a monotone look on her face, very blank and unimpressed. Everyone had their fun hollering their choices, Maxie seemed to like it. He stood there looking quite the opposite of Maloe. He laughed, quite manically, before spinning around and staring Maloe down, "They've made their decision."

"Yay.." Maloe said with zero enthusiasm.

Maxie spun around, once more, grinning brightly at his pack of wolves, and boomed, "Let them all out! But don't make her bleed.. too much."

A red flag rose in Maloe's mind. Don't make her bleed? Since when has anything that Maxie brought upon her, made her bleed? This made things a little awkward. Maloe searched the faces of her team members, most of them baring a retarded spark of joy in their eyes. They held Pokeballs, ready to be thrown. Maloe knew what was coming, and went for her own, only for her arm to be batted away by Maxie himself. He gripped both of Maloe's wrists, and held them away from her Pokebelt, which met she couldn't call for her Pokemon, which also equaled that she had nothing to fight these enemies off. This confused her. It was like growing up following certain traditions, only one day to have it changed, and it becomes unknown and scary for you. Which would best describe Maloe's current state of mind; scared. The pressure on Maloe's wrists got tighter, it was starting to hurt. She looked into Maxie's eyes and noticed that this didn't seem to be a game to him anymore. Maloe panicked, and tried ripping her arms free. It backfired, only to make Maxie's grip a little tighter. Maloe was definitely brought into a whole new level of fear.

Maxie ripped Maloe's Pokebelt from the loops of her pants, and threw Maloe's Pokemon off to side, out of her reach. He then gripped Maloe by the hood and threw her against a large steel door. He glared at his league and gave them a firm nod, causing them to roar in excitement. He shot Maloe an evil snare, whipped his cloak quickly before disappearing into the crowd.

Maloe thought about going for her Pokemon, but that idea was quickly discarded when a few guys about ten years older than her blocked that option. Then, like a cue, all of Team Magma threw their Pokeballs into the air, and after one large wave of air popping sounds, a assembly of Pokemon appeared in front of Maloe, as if ready for war. Which Maloe thought they might be doing. The line of attack contained Poochyenas, Mightyenas, Numels, Zubats, Machops, and Golbats. Maloe swallowed hard, unaware of what plan of action they might be taking.

"It'll be quick, and painless."

"You won't feel a thing, after this is over."

"Too bad, you won't be able to enjoy the war scars."

"What a shame, you had to go out like this."

Maloe shivered, the fear was lurking up on her, ready to jump like a spider. She was about ready to suffocate in it. The temperature boosted into the highs now, Maloe seemed to be drenched in sweat. Like a small mouse being cornered by merciless alley cats, Maloe drew herself closer to the door. Her eyes were wild, darting around, she wasn't even sure was she was seeing. Everyone and every Pokemon seemed to be closing in on her. Her breath was becoming short and raspy. Her mind shooting a million different directions, she seemed to be on the break of her sanity. White flashed behind Maloe's eyes, and the scene around her seemed to be fading in and out from clear view. Her hearing was dropping, the only thing she hear clear enough was her own hoarse breath. She was pressed so far back into the steel door that her bones were starting to ache. Maloe couldn't focus good enough to make any rational escapes. Her mouth was dry, so she couldn't scream for help. Maloe lost her footing, smashed her shoulder off of the steel pipes penetratng from the gravel, and she hit ground. Looking up, her world was spinning, scorching pain spread throughout her body, she probably broke her shoulder bone, or something close by. She felt extremely hot, like she was thrown into one of those pools of lava. She wanted to scream, kick and flail, but everything seemed to be preventing her from doing that. A quick and heavy blow to the stomach sent Maloe into darkness.

------------

Chapter One: Waking Up Somewhere
    4 years later...

The floor clicked and hummed, and Maloe was thrown off guard as the floor jumped to a start. It was moving upwards, in a tunnel of metal and bolts; she looked up and noticed the small circle of light that seemed to widen as she became closer. The cheers and exclamations from the crowds came to a deafening volume as Maloe finally broke through, the stadium lights leaving everything a silhouette.

Maloe stood in the center of a PokeBall, one side blue, the other red. She wore red pants, with a red jacket, covering a yellow shirt. It was a simple and comfortable outfit; Maloe liked wearing things simple, seeing how she spent most her time on the road, which, honestly, was no time for a fashion show. There was a PokeBelt around her waist, donning two out of six possible PokeBalls. Her jet black hair lush fully falling down her shoulders, and her silver eyes shone with the stadium lights, that reflected off her pallid skin, and heart shaped face. She breathed in deep, preparing herself for battle.

"We'll first begin with a Tag Team match!" with this being said, the crowd went berserk, and Maloe finally had her moment to look around at her surroundings. She was in the Battle Tower, freshly registered and was thrown into escalated motions that eventually led her to the battle floor, that was surrounded by screaming fans, and excited participates.

"Are the trainers ready?" the announcer inquired.

Maloe turned around quickly, and her eyes met the eyes of her partner. She was an older female, just a few years older than Maloe. She wore a pair of faded jeans, with a black colored tank top comfortably over her shoulders. Her PokeBelt wasn't attached to her pants, but rather, it hung loosely from her waist. The unknown partner had her arms crossed and her dark blue eyes looked Maloe up and down. Her hair was up in a loose bun of platinum blond strands. She shone like a champion.

"I don't like playing with children." was all Maloe's partner stated as she grabbed for her own choice of Pokemon. Her efforts were silenced as she threw her PokeBall into the center of the stadium. There was a flash of bright red, and soon stood a Dragonite, in all it's splendor. Maloe didn't have much to work with, seeing how most of her Pokemon were in Pallet Town, being researched by Professor Oak. She gripped the ball in her hand, and tossed it out, the crowd drawing a sharp breath of silence. The PokeBall broke apart and the loud melodious screeches of her Kricketune broke the quietness, and a wave of excitement hit the crowd again, and Maloe was brought into the world of paparazzi.

Two trainers of equal height and age stood on the floor opposite of them, with their PokeBalls in hand. They had no worried expression drawn on their faces, and nothing changed as they threw their Pokeballs into the center. The same flashing of red, and soon two Pokemon joined the ranks; an Infernape and an Alakazam.

Maloe's partner, whoever she was, wasn't hesitant in her commands and soon had her Dragonite blasting out a powerful Hyper Beam. Maloe quickly focused in on Kricketune, and whistled a command to her, "Mikelle, see that Alakazam? He's smart, but you're defiantly smarter. I want you to somehow put him into a deep sleep, or at least make him drowsy. Got it?"

Kricketune rubbed her two claws together, making a ear piercing sound. It started to hum something in it's throat and soon hovered quickly in circles around the Alakazam. Alakazam didn't seem phased, and soon had it's spoons rotating and glowing with a deep indigo color. Maloe tried to pick up on the strategy, "Mikelle, pay attention to it's spoons.. he'll try to hit you with some kind of physic power. Don't let him."

Maloe enjoyed battling with her Kricketune. If it wasn't for the existence of Pokemon, and the passion that came with it, Maloe would be in music college, working on a degree of composing; but being a Pokemon Trainer called out to her with more inspiration, and working with such a musically inclined Pokemon as Kricketune, it kind of gave Maloe the best of both worlds.

Kircketune clawed at Alakazam's legs as it moved in circles around him, but it was hopeless. Alakazam was a powerful physic Pokemon, and they were difficult to defeat; but Maloe had no doubt that her Kricketune could deliver a victorious punch. Just then, Alakzam pushed his hands out, which sent the spoons in a berserk rotation. Whatever the attack was, hit Kricketune, and hard. It sent her flying, and the loud painful cries that emitted from her sent a wave of hurt through Maloe's heart, "Mikelle! Are you ok?"

Kricketune twitched but eventually got back up. She was breathing hard and her left claw was pulsating with pain, but she still had a few things up her sleeve. Kricketune turned briefly to her trainer and sang a low but peaceful note. She was going to be okay; this Alakazam hadn't gotten the best of her yet.

Maloe smiled in relief, and thought of the next possible strategy, "Alright, I still want you to put him to sleep if you can. If not, then keep your distances until I tell you to go in for a hit."

Maloe looked over at the trainer of Alakazam and noticed that he hadn't shouted a command to it since the battle began. He was probably physic. That's how it normally went; it reminded Maloe of Sabrina back in Saffron city. Kricketune was still breathing heavy but her eyes didn't leave the body of Alakazam, who was glowing with the same deep indigo color. He had his eyes closed, meaning it was concentrating, probably way to deep to really notice the harmonic notes of the Kricketune's attempt to put it to sleep.

"Mikelle! Listen to me!" Maloe called, and in no time at all Kricketune was back to it's trainer's side, "I want you to sing as loud as you can, alright?"

Kricketune didn't hesitate. She hovered back to Alakazam and rammed right into it's stiff body, which surprisingly caught it off guard, deepening the color and throwing the spoons of their axles. Kricketune breathed in deep and let out a wail of a note. It started off rough, but soon picked up and Alakazam started to back down, as did the other Pokemon in the arena.

"Oh no!" Maloe bit her lip, "Her Dragonite is falling asleep too."

Maloe could see her partner staring at her in the corner of her eye. She swallowed, and hoped for the best. The Alakazam was drowsy, and it's spoons fall to the floor with a clang. Now was the time, "Mikelle! X-Sisscor!"

Kricketune used it's claws to push away from Alakazam, who had awoken just in time to see two sword like claws hit him from each side. It didn't stop there, they seemed to be coming from every direction. Alakazam fall back, his trainer's face now soaking with distress.

"Mikelle! Quick! Finish it off!" Maloe shouted, "Bug Buzz!"

Physical waves of sound emitted from Kricketune's wings, gushing forth, and hit Alakazam square in the torso, sending him, with painful shouts, behind his trainer, hitting the steel wall. Kricktune fell back, wearingly holding it's self up with one claw, while the other lay motionless and damaged.

"You did it!" Maloe shouted with glee, as she ran up to her injured Pokemon, "You defeated Alakazam!"

The crowd cheered, and the two opposing trainers left the arena in a scoff. The announcer was blaring something across the excited audience, but Maloe was to concerned for her Kricketune to comprehend what else was going on about her. She didn't even hear the footsteps of her partner approaching from behind.

"Good job, kid." a voice, that seemed to be fighting several emotions, came from behind Maloe, who turned to see that it was her partner.

".. thanks." Maloe said, soft spoken, "Hey! What about your Dragonite? Did it fall asleep."

"Almost. Don't worry about it though." her partner explained, "Infernape was nearly defeated anyway."

"Sorry about that." Maloe laughed nervously, "I'm not really used to tag team matches."

"I'm impressed though." her partner spoke, "Bug types are suppose to be ridiculously weak against physic; but you handled that disadvantage quite well."

"Heh, thank you." Maloe grinned, "I didn't really catch your battle much, but I'm sure you did great."

"Yeah, my Dragonite never fails me." the Dragonite came over, smiled at Maloe and returned to it's PokeBall as commanded. Maloe's partner looked at her, extended out her hand and smiled, "The name's Julia."

"Maloe." Maloe smiled back, "Maloe Wimpher."

Last edited:

Arctic Master

The Ice trainer
    Years
    Whoo-hoo! First post of the fic!

Well, not much is needed to be explained. You can double space, you're grammar and descriptiveness is superb and you've pretty much got the ball in hand, Kricketune. (Even though, in the game, the Pokémon, Kricketune, I despise for several good reasons.)

One, tiny little problem, though. Although physic is a real word, it's not the "right" word for the type you're insisting. It's mentioned "Psychic." Physic is a type of medicine agent, or the study/profession of medicine. ^^; Two words. Big difference. Pointing it out.

Other than that, the story's actually not half bad. It reminds me of this Team Aqua/Magma story I did with a friend. Though, that's another story and it's not even close to great on my part (it was a collab story) as this one is. Good job.

Years
    Yay! A review! :3

Oh yeah? I didn't know. xD But I'll look into fixing that as soon as I have a more aware mind and more time.

Thank you tons and tons. :D

Back