• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Becoming Reality

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well...I'd truthfully be really scared. Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome, but...Pokemon are extremely dangerous in reality, we definitely wouldn't be able to "befriend" them. It would take forever for Pokemon to get used to humans, even the Pokemon lore said that the humans and Pokemon were once against each other for a long time. No, it would be a disaster.

On a sidenote, I would keep all of my toys and dolls, kids - those of you who are familiar with Banette know how they are created. O.O

Not only that, but Gengar, Dusknoir, Hypno...*shudders*...life would literally become a nightmare with those types of creatures running around.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
The only way i could 'logically' see it working would be if we found the pokemon world on another planet...or they found us (seeing as space exploration is shown in an episode). The problem there would be how we would get there. I imagine eventually people or companies would start to import pokemon to sell as pets here on Earth. Its a start i guess lol.

Years
I haven't thought of real life Pokemon in ages. Course I also thought we'd have a real life Jurassic Park and have spaceports heading to the Star Wars planets by then as well. lol

Seriously though, I don't really have an answer for your questions but if the real animals were dying out and being replaced by their Pokemon counterparts, I don't think the environment would react well to that sort of thing.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
@dpb

Haha thats a nice summary of the concept

But i think its a shame(cuz its true), that ome people would probobly act violently to the introduction to something radically different. But then again, that is human nature. If pokemon did come about all of a sudden...yea it wont be pretty(for a long while at that). But then again with all the advances and understanding of the world people are realizing now, maybe theres a chance that it wont be as traumatic?

Not realy familiar(understand) with the "Jurassic Park" concept everyones talkin about but I can see a spike in alien sightings and what not.

Years
How do you think the world, but more importantly YOU would react?
I think people in general would be afraid of them. I mean pokemon are powerful and no ordinary animals.
I on the other hand would squeal with joy and try my hardest not to glomp the nearest pokemon.

How would the government respond?
Terribly.

Will people panic?
yes

Will Animal Planet have to be shut down?
I think they would explode. and maybe stop being called animal planet and be the first to be a pokemon battle show instead.

And exactly what will people say to Ken Sugamori?
I think they would try tog et info from him because he knows all about this.

Clonehunter

Clones Be Wary
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2013
Well, I don't think Animal planet will be affected at all... If anything people would turn to them for coverage.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
If pokemon were to become reality the government will try to cover it up till they couldn't anymore then it will cost mass hysteria even among poke fans then its gonna be followed by some tragedy like a tottler being killed by a pokemon because at first the pokemon will not be used to Humans and they will attack thus for the first couple hundred years training will probb be banned plus they will never be accepted by the religious crazies and they will be demonized at first it will b a mess the only way pokemon being real would of worked if they were around as long as man

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Eh, the world's governments would probably get stuff organised after the original bewilderment of it all. Hopefully, at least, I guess it depends on how effective the Military would be against Pokémon, and just how OP legendaries would be.

I mean, I'm not sure if it's mentioned or not in the animé, but how effective would modern weaponry be against Pokémon? That's pretty much what we'd be relying on to protect us from the super-powered antagonistic ones.

Personally, I think it'd be a little more dangerous, but ultimately we'd try to continue as normal - alongside Pokémon, of course. All the games and the animé, etc. would probably be used as guidelines of some sort. I'd probably look out for meteor showers and/or auroras and try to befriend a Deoxys (so long as I don't give it reason to kill me).
I mean, it's humanoid, so it'll fit in places, highly intelligent, plus if you take into account the stats of its forms, plus the general ability to change forms, it makes it the most powerful pokémon possible - providing it reacts fast enough. All in all, what's not to like?

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
In a world where all Pokémon replace the real world equivalents they have, I think we'd be in danger. I mean, imagine going for a nice swim at a random lake and seeing beams of ice and torrents of water shot in all directions. Basically any human would be putting their life in quite a lot of danger by walking into any sort of wild habitat. "Oh this jungle is quite lovely wait what's th-" *killed by a hyperbeam*

I'd love it if the pokémon were somehow stripped of their superpowers and were basically funky looking animals, though.

Back