• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black 2 hack: Pokemon Black 2: DE - a new all-Doubles hack (Official Release)

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    echtcY7.png

Hack of: Pokemon Black Version 2
    Official Release: 12 June 2023
    Current Version: 1.1.1
    Discord Community

Overview

Pokemon Black 2: DE offers an authentic Unova experience with a region almost exclusively filled with double-battles, a "challenging-but-not-kaizo" difficulty level, balance changes to improve viability and variety, postgame and all-new content within the main adventure, and a bunch of quality-of-life improvements!

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Features

Built for Fun, Ready for a Challenge
    • Custom-made doubles trainers have been designed to provide a fun and challenging doubles experience for both casual players and challenge runs
    • Reworked EV system allows for skill expression through planning and resource management without any of the grinding
    • Previously-restricted competitive held items have been re-distributed around the overworld for the player to find and use
    • All TMs can now be obtained before the postgame

A Fresh Take
    • BW2's existing Regional Dex has been updated, adding in fan-favorites while maintaining the "feel" of vanilla Unova
    • Don't worry though! The rest of the Gen 5 National Dex has also been made obtainable through Hidden Grottos
    • Many Pokémon have been updated with new stats, moves, abilities, and types, to make them fun to use and reward diverse teambuilding

More Unova Than You Remember
    • Several postgame areas can now be accessed over the course of your main-game journey
    • A brand new quest will see the player exploring these new areas as they look for guidance from a familiar face...
    • Every Pokemon in the Regional Dex can now be caught through some method (except Reshiram)

Quality of Life Improvements
    • Pokestar Studios and Join Avenue events have been entirely removed
    • Rare Candies and Heart Scales can be bought cheaply at all Pokecenters
    • A Move Reminder, Name Rater, and custom-made IV Checker have also been added to all Pokecenters
    • HM moves can now be forgotten like regular moves
    • Hidden Grottos respawn instantly
    • Critical Hit Rate has been updated from 1/16 to the modern 1/24

Extensive Documentation
    • Every change and feature has been thoroughly documented to allow for precise, high-level play
    • A copy-able collectible item checklist is also available with spoiled and unspoiled versions

Downloads and Documentation

Credits

• Thanks to Drayano, RefinedPlat, SunkernEnjoyer, totallyanonymous, and the rest of the DS Hacking Discord for the technical support that made this dream a reality <3
    • Thanks to hzla for Pokeweb, the heart and soul of the project
    • Thanks to CH340 for SAK, the other major piece of the development puzzle
    • Thanks to StrawMatt, jglazer, Jax, and the rest of my playtest team for helping iron out so many bugs and errors
    • Thanks to PokeGirl4Ever for her Genesect sprite

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    Hey, thanks for the hack. I am enjoying it so far. One question, how do I get hidden ability? Say i want Golduck with drizzle. Where can I find one?

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    As of now you can't access HAs within the game itself, besides the natdex mons in grottos (but that's different). I treat HAs as ways to let opposing trainers use abilities that the player can't.

That said, I fully endorse using PKHaX to manually change abilities if that's more fun for you!

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I was so excited to see Drizzle Water/Psychic Golduck. I have no intention to change the game, I'd like to play it the way you presented it. (Honestly, nor do i have any clue how to use a PKHaX haha).
    You've done a great job so far. This is the first time i have used a Contrary Snivy in doubles, and i am proud of the strats i am pulling off my using charm on my own poke and watch it get a boost. I am a total newcomer when it comes to hacks.

Back