• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Black Cinder

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2019
    Not much if you already have a water type

I already had Marshtomp, and Sharpedo, but i want to add more additions to the team. Hmm too bad. Do you plan to lower the price of the rod in the future update, or perhaps making it free?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Alrightyz I'll try that. If it doesn't workz I'll do it on a new one
    Try looking for the folder Pokemon Black Cinder, a file named game.rxdata is the savefile

I already had Marshtomp, and Sharpedo, but i want to add more additions to the team. Hmm too bad. Do you plan to lower the price of the rod in the future update, or perhaps making it free?
    I'll add an easy mode for next update

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Try looking for the folder Pokemon Black Cinder, a file named game.rxdata is the savefile

I'll add an easy mode for next update
    Wait.... so when I save the game, does the save file automatically put into the folder? What happens if I save multiple times? Does it do it again and again? or overwrites the OG save file?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Just a question or two, I see rare candies can be bought in poppy town. Are the awesome IV candies going to available in a store in some other town or possibly in one of the towns in the next update? Also how is the next update going? I hope its not too exhausting for you. BTW I love the game.
    Yes, there'll be a point where you can buy or farm the candies. The update was going well, though right now is paralyzed. I hope to be able to continue it next month.
    And thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Wait.... so when I save the game, does the save file automatically put into the folder? What happens if I save multiple times? Does it do it again and again? or overwrites the OG save file?
    The savefile is in a different folder than the game, if you search in your computer for the file "game.rgssad" that's the savefile, that should be in a folder named Pokemon Black Cinder. And yes, it overwrites the old one when you save. If you find it and you didn't overwrite it send it to me to see what bug is and if I can fix it

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Yes, there'll be a point where you can buy or farm the candies. The update was going well, though right now is paralyzed. I hope to be able to continue it next month.

The savefile is in a different folder than the game, if you search in your computer for the file "game.rgssad" that's the savefile, that should be in a folder named Pokemon Black Cinder. And yes, it overwrites the old one when you save. If you find it and you didn't overwrite it send it to me to see what bug is and if I can fix it
    Good Pokemon to take that 3rd gym and ground type Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Good Pokemon to take that 3rd gym and ground type Pokemon?

Because Since Lycanroc can't learn EQ, Nidooking I need a Moon stone and doesn't learn a Ground type move except Earth power, which I hate Special King, Krook is good but doesn't learn rock type moves except sandstorm, and IDK where to find Drilber, but if it comes with Sun/Moon set, THANK YOU.

I have rethinks my team, and now, it is this:
    Pikachu
    Glaceon
    Lycanroc/Exca/Krook (if given custom move pool)
    Gyarados(Right about Sharpedo. This thing cannot take a hit on Erika, and it can't one shot a 0hp/4EV Talonflame with Aqua Jet, Plus, Gyrardos has great attack and more of a special defensive side of it, but electric can pretty much bypass that.
    Charizard
    Breloom(This guy is really good here.)
    Also isn't Erika supposed to be in Kanto? Or maybe you had something planned for Erika's backstory on why she is here.
    And I get some of the lore, like when you see the Eco's area, it's a ship with ivory order, and dying all around, when combined the ship with reavers, maybe those are interconnected?

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    For the third Gym, I personally used a Glaceon, a Rotom and a Garbodor seemed to work fine, my team was suffering against ground types, hope this helped, both Trubbish and the Eevee were in my team since the first gym.

Years
    Too be honest this game has some MAJOR flaws. The grammar in the game isn't that good and can leave people confused. The big problem about this game is, it's too difficult. I get people like the difficulty, but that's based on people's preferences. I like a good challenge, but this game makes me feel stressed when I play instead of enjoying it. I feel like the difficulty was unwarranted. Even though there is a level cap, until you beat a gym, the Pokemon at that level cap are too strong. A Togekiss at level 20 at the first gym is a good example. The second gym, specifically made me want to write this post. Many factors come into play here, the gym leader has 6 fully evolved/strong water type Pokemon, and due to the rain makes this fight almost impossible as each of their water type attacks get boosted. Then the money balance is quite honestly not good. You lose more money than you gain, which makes buying potions, not only hard, but can be a nuisance. Even though it seems realistic, sometimes those realistic things become a nuisance. This also means you have a lot harder time in the gym, as you have limited options in healing in the fight.

However, I don't hate this game because of the story and characters. I really like the concepts the story brings and it's so easy to get hooked. I just hope these problems do get addressed.

Edits: Made better points, fixed some of the grammar. I wrote this out of frustration and I wanted to fix some of my points to make it more understandable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024

Some questions:
    1. Is the Logo for Pokemon BC supposed be a disc?
    2. If a new beta has released, how do I transfer it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Too be honest this game has some MAJOR flaws. The grammar in the game isn't that good and can leave people confused. The big problem about this game is, it's too difficult. Even though there is a level cap, until you beat a gym, the Pokemon at that level cap are too strong. A Togekiss at level 20 at the first gym is a good example. The second gym, specifically made me want to write this post. Many factors come into play here, the gym leader has 6 fully evolved/strong water type Pokemon, and due to the rain makes this fight almost impossible as each of their water type attacks get boosted. Then the money balance is quite honestly not good. You lose more money than you gain, which makes buying potion, not only hard, but can be a nuisance. This also mean you have a lot harder time in the gym. as you have limited options in healing in the fight. I also don't like the fact that you have to forcibly change team members if you want the fight to be easier (however that is a nitpick).

However, I don't hate this game because of the story and characters. I just hope these problems do get addressed.

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. For the next update I'm going to add an easy mode, and hopefully I'll also improve my english

Some questions:
    1. Is the Logo for Pokemon BC supposed be a disc?
    2. If a new beta has released, how do I transfer it?

Yes lol, the logo has no sense. It's just a disc that has nothing to do with pokemon or the game itself

And if there are new updates you don't have to do anything, just delete your current folder and download the new one

Years
    Thank you for responding back, and do you know when the next update is going to be out? Also i was at the second gym at the time I posted that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Thank you for responding back, and do you know when the next update is going to be out? Also i was at the second gym at the time I posted that.

Took me around 10 resets, tons of money being wasted, some Pokemon I don't use are level 30 and finally, with My Pikachu Killing that Wishiwashi solo form. Yes, very hard, but very rewarding

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2019
    Too be honest this game has some MAJOR flaws. The grammar in the game isn't that good and can leave people confused. The big problem about this game is, it's too difficult. Even though there is a level cap, until you beat a gym, the Pokemon at that level cap are too strong. A Togekiss at level 20 at the first gym is a good example. The second gym, specifically made me want to write this post. Many factors come into play here, the gym leader has 6 fully evolved/strong water type Pokemon, and due to the rain makes this fight almost impossible as each of their water type attacks get boosted. Then the money balance is quite honestly not good. You lose more money than you gain, which makes buying potion, not only hard, but can be a nuisance. This also mean you have a lot harder time in the gym. as you have limited options in healing in the fight. I also don't like the fact that you have to forcibly change team members if you want the fight to be easier (however that is a nitpick).

However, I don't hate this game because of the story and characters. I just hope these problems do get addressed.

I personally really enjoyed the difficulty of the game. There were many grammar problems, but the writing was definitely one of the most enjoyable and fun I have ever seen in a fan game. I'm excited to see where this game goes.

Back