• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Black Cinder

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2019
    I just downloaded the game and everytime i want to change the text speed i get an error, cant post a image since im new to the forum.
    The text say something like "Error from Script PScreen_option in the line 382 by type 'NoMethodError'
    undefined method[ ] for nil:NilClass"
    Sorry if its a know issue

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Hi, great game! Pretty cool story, nice dialogues, great quests, awesome soundtrack. 👌 The only cons I have about this game is that there's no "speed up" button, that would have saved me hours, literally. And the puzzles are kind of a minor one, but that puzzle game to leave Talpa forest was mean, man hahahah I had to check a walkthrough. There are a few bugs also, a few times I crashed, but so far it's not a major problem, I just keep saving the game now and it's all cool. Great game.

I'm having a problem right now, about the "Lost Dog" quest. I find the "dog"/furfrou, I go the opposite side and "catch" him with the poké ball or just defeat him, but no matter what happens after that, he's still there. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug? I come back to the girl, and she acts like nothing happened, her dog's still missing.

Hey thanks, I appretiate your words! You can speed up with ALT, but only on battles. My puzzles have a lot of hate xD At least it helps me to learn what not to do

There should be a cutscene after you defeat the furfrou, and you shouldn't be able to catch him neither, so that's a bug. Ignore that mission if you can, I'll see if I can fix it. Thanks for reporting it

I just downloaded the game and everytime i want to change the text speed i get an error, cant post a image since im new to the forum.
    The text say something like "Error from Script PScreen_option in the line 382 by type 'NoMethodError'
    undefined method[ ] for nil:NilClass"
    Sorry if its a know issue

Yes sorry, there's a bug if you try to use the options in the intro. If you start playing you should be able to change it ingame

NilesMoonFalcon

Pokemon Trainer: Niles
    Years
  • So not to be rude here, but when I started the game the test said "Where would you like to go with the man of your dreams?" I picked male as always because I'm straight. Is there a way to change it to have the "woman of your dreams?" Or? Sorry just wanted to know is all. Might be too nit picky XD Edit: Granted I just realized it was to pick starters, whoops lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    I got myself irreversibly stuck on a bug.. I lost a battle against the NPCs in the cave where you rescue Elygem, and since I lost the battle, it sent me back to Sands Peak. I began to make my way back to town to try again, and instead of simply exiting the zone, my character got stuck on a loop of exiting the zone. It's not actually a zone she's entering and exiting, it's a solid tree, but cancelling the movement now seems impossible, she just keeps running at it. None of my keys are stuck, if they were, I couldn't write this.. I tried to fix it myself by just saving and restarting. But yeah now the save, is stuck in the loop too. :[ Is there a way to fix it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    I got myself irreversibly stuck on a bug.. I lost a battle against the NPCs in the cave where you rescue Elygem, and since I lost the battle, it sent me back to Sands Peak. I began to make my way back to town to try again, and instead of simply exiting the zone, my character got stuck on a loop of exiting the zone. It's not actually a zone she's entering and exiting, it's a solid tree, but cancelling the movement now seems impossible, she just keeps running at it. None of my keys are stuck, if they were, I couldn't write this.. I tried to fix it myself by just saving and restarting. But yeah now the save, is stuck in the loop too. :[ Is there a way to fix it?

Send me your savefile located at C:\Users\(Your name here)\Saved Games\Pokemon Black Cinder to see if I can fix it

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2021
    okay so in route 7 there is a guy who loves flying type so much that he fights you everytime he sees you like all the * time, idk if thats how he is or what.... and other thing that kinda bother me is why cant we run inside buildings or caves etc?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    okay so in route 7 there is a guy who loves flying type so much that he fights you everytime he sees you like all the * time, idk if thats how he is or what.... and other thing that kinda bother me is why cant we run inside buildings or caves etc?

Lol the birds guy was a person of this forum who wanted to fight twice and say that speech about birds.
    When I started making the game was after playing pokemon reborn, which i loved. But I thought I would have enjoyed it more without rushing it that much, so that's why I didn't allow the speed up button outside of battles or running inside buildings. I'll probably change it though

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey, I just looked through the entire thread looking to see if there was info about where a Dawn Stone could be and my search came up dry. Does anyone know where a Dawn Stone is located, if there even is one? I did see something about a mining minigame and how all basic stones can be found if you kept resetting but i'm not sure if Dawn is included in that. Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    The dawn stone is hidden at the flooded lake, almost at the end of the game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Alright I'm at the third gym now, so I think I've put enough hours into this game to be able to review it.

The graphics, soundtrack and visuals are all great. Haven't really come across a location that seems out of place.

The story is interesting and somewhat unique. Some parts legitimately had me feeling tense, and it keeps me engaged most of the time, which is more than could be said for most rom hacks. The stuff on the ship was great, if not a bit forced at the end.

There are a few problems I have with the game however. On the technical side, I can't adjust my screen size, the text speed or anything really. That, and the fact that you can't run anywhere except outdoors makes this game slow to the point of being tedious.

Level caps also slow the game's pace down. I don't have a problem with level caps, but you generally spend about an hour at the level cap, fighting trainers with full teams of maxed Pokemon. It's alright to have a level cap imo, but it seems like a lot of the game is designed around these level caps. And with the sheer amount of trainers and special encounters in the game, hitting that level cap is really easy.

Grammar is a recurring issue in the game that never really goes away. I get that English isn't your first language though, so if you need help with the grammar fixes I wouldn't be against spending a bit of my time helping to iron out the dialogue.

In general though it's a great fangame, one of the better ones out there for sure. Nice work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Also, minor thing, but I've raised a Bewear and its Fur Coat ability doesn't seem to work. I compared it with my other Pokemon and used the damage calculator as well. Probably just a bug.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    I don't want to come off as annoying but I have not played the game in a bit so is there any updates to the game

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Also, minor thing, but I've raised a Bewear and its Fur Coat ability doesn't seem to work. I compared it with my other Pokemon and used the damage calculator as well. Probably just a bug.
    That'll be fixed in the next update. Thanks for playing and commenting

There's a bug if you use the menu in the intro, but it should be fine if you use it while playing

I don't want to come off as annoying but I have not played the game in a bit so is there any updates to the game

No sorry, there haven't been any updates yet

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Thanks, I changed my game's settings now and it's a lot better. Just beat the last gym leader of the demo, and I'm wondering, when the update comes out do I start before or after having beaten the gym leader? Since afaik I can't save. Not that they were too hard, but jw.

Also slight bug, Golisopod's Emergency Exit doesn't work. Unless it has a different ability?

Back