• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Black Idea

Pokemon Black

Story Board
    Years
    PLAY MY DEMO!

Good Luck
    Please Report any Bugs (ie the naming menu)

https://www.mediafire.com/?yyzmw5qjn1m

Good afternoon :)

Im a old school Poke'mon fan. Played Blue version as a young lad in school.. Amazed to see pokemon in 3D on the 64... And almost literally cried at the Fire Red / Leaf Green remake.

Also a huge HUGE Team Rocket fan. Not really a fan of what they do, but their presence really makes things interesting. I am 21 years old now.. kinda puts me into the "nerd" status with all my friends and my girlfriend, but they all also like the game im making, supporting any progress made.

I can't believe the AMOUNT of Pokemon games being developed by fans... Even less being released.

Okay here is a summary of Pokemon Black (Still a work in progress 15-45min gameplay)
    Pokemon Black Idea

Pokemon Black Idea

Pokemon Black Idea

Pokemon Black Idea

Pokemon Black Idea

Plot:
    You were selected for a student exchange program called "HIT" (Hero's in training) because of your capability to handle pokemon exceptionally well. A tournement was held in Johto recently and you came out in second place. Second only to "__spoiler__"...
    Upon arriving to the Veritas region, You (Lance) and Clair are accompanied by the renowned Professor Oak. Giovanni, newly ranked among Team Rocket Execs, has been given the task of subduing the rebelling Team Rocket members of the Veritas region.

...Skipping some plot....

The story intertwines many known characters in the pokemon games and anime series. The timeline starts BEFORE the first game and eventually follows through into it, covering some "gaps" in these characters' stories between sightings in the original games.

The demo begins around the time the player encounters Giovanni...
    The player will get to choose from all the starter pokemon ever.. (12 choices)
    The Demo is not easy. Even though I lowered the difficulty substantially due to 4 of the testers inability to complete the demo.

Features:
    • Day/Night
    • Pokegear!
    • Multiple Regions
    • Animated Pokemon Sprites
    • Missions
    • Increased Difficulty
    • Sense of danger
    Good Luck
    Please Report any Bugs (ie the naming menu)

https://www.mediafire.com/?yyzmw5qjn1m

v--My Source of information, used for story--v
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_G-Men

Last edited:

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    I know i might not be the right one to say this but there are 2 things i wanna point out.1 is i believe someone did this idea already about Lance and Clair and something like that.I like the stor and everything to its just the fact that someone might burst in here and say they had the idea first which is a huge depressing situation when you are already working hard to produce this game and 2, you might wanna change the lance and Clair sprites both overworld and Trainerwise.Make them LOOk(not in a rude fashion ) like theyre teenagers or something to give it that past look instead of their normal premade sprites.

Other than that its pretty much Great.Keep up the work and I will join you soon in this game making world.

Last edited:

Pokemon Black

Story Board
    Years
    I know i might not be the right one to say this but there are 2 things i wanna point out.1 is i believe someone did this idea already about Lance and Clair and something like that.I like the stor and everything to its just the fact that someone might burst in here and say they had the idea first which is a huge depressing situation when you are already working hard to produce this game and 2, you might wanna change the lance and Clair sprites both overworld and Trainerwise.Make them LOOk(not in a rude fashion ) like theyre teenagers or something to give it that past look instead of their normal premade sprites.

Other than that its pretty much Great.Keep up the work and I will join you soon in this game making world.

Thank you for your input.

I also thought of changing their sprites to fit the 'time line' but I decided I'd rather go with a higher quality + same style graphics than my less quality different style graphics.
    besides, I like Lance's ridiculous cape :p

And the story... Don't worry your pretty head
    Most Pokemon Games are like this

Small town New trainer
    -->
    Talk to some prof. (optimally named after a tree of some sort)
    -->
    encounter rivals
    -->
    begin quest to ___ League
    -->
    while searching out all 8 gym badges encounter team _______
    ---->
    Stop team ____ single handed
    --->
    defeat the elite 4

My Pokemon game, although played as Lance (Not Clair), Has nothing to do with the Pokemon league or a set of gym badges. Don't get me wrong, there will be gyms in this game. BUT ! Gyms will not be the focus, the focus will be on missions and team rocket's storyline. This is my chance to put Gyms where they belong. Only the worthy and ready will actually defeat a gym leader. You can't just walk around the world stepping on gym leaders like before.

Example:: Brock's Pokemon around lv. 11 and lv. 9 ??!!
    How did he become a gym leader!?
    He would get stomped by most wild pokemon!

I understand the gym leaders progress in power to have a sort of smooth game play flow. But Gyms in my game will be a side story, And you will not head into a gym 30 minutes after becoming a trainer unless you want your butt handed to you.

There are many things I don't want to reveal just yet, because i don't want to make promises. But all this I say to say, This is my original idea. The only things copied are resources

Syllyra

Pokémon Underground: Surfacing
    Years
    I having 2 thoughts about this project:

1. Original storyline, new gymsettings and new main character that we've already met.

2. I just don't like the storyline, but the new gymsettings I do.

In the end, I don't really know what to think.
    I hope the best for this project though.

P.S. 2. is my personal thought.

Pokemon Black

Story Board
    Years
    I having 2 thoughts about this project:

1. Original storyline, new gymsettings and new main character that we've already met.

2. I just don't like the storyline, but the new gymsettings I do.

In the end, I don't really know what to think.
    I hope the best for this project though.

P.S. 2. is my personal thought.

Thats cool, I like the story line :)

It is a "before episode one" type deal... Gives me more freedom creating a story with known characters

Broc

Syndicate Boss
    Years
    this is cool and it shows you thought ahead for optimum story fix and such. But I would like to see a "bad" pokemon version instead of the same old blah good people crap. Someone has prob made a version of team (rocket, magma, aqua, ect) but id like to see one where (you being the main char) u start one of the teams like team rocket and at the end of story u become a char that is a team founder and u see main chars in the real pokemon games as low lvl people or something. Just my 2 cents. Hope this comes out well.

Pokemon Black

Story Board
    Years
    Got a Demo uploaded.
    Couple of notes..

Yes the city you start in is too big
    No I haven't finish designing it
    Naming your character might be a challenge if you need the letter "M" lol
    I'll fix it later

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    I'm looking forward to playing your demo. I'll check it out later.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    I'm probably the wrong person to say this, since I released a demo that was a little buggy before. But My screens alone look better than what you've shown here. Not to mention nothing here really jumps out at me as playable

That did it.. I woke up just now... I am going to start the player off as a grunt.. with giovanni on the inrto screen instead of oak..

Not exactly a feature or a new idea, This was done by an old friend of mine. I also believe I have seen this elsewhere aswell.
    I dunno, Just seemed like the thread and demo was rushed. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying this isn't worth continuing its just at this stage alot of people including me will say, I dunno.

Pokemon Black

Story Board
    Years
    King Charizard, i think your right.. Well the story seems rushed because it is. It wasn't my original story..
    I posted it on this forum to get some feedback before i went too far into the lance clair story...

The rocket idea has been in my mind since the nugget bridge scene in blue/red
    I have a very very old remake of pokemon red that i made a few years ago (only to cerulean city)
    that allows you this choice. However.. I didn't finish it because i lacked the resources.. now that i have the resources and knowledge. I wanted to make it a bit more extensive and different from the normal pokemon game stories. Yet still a story from team rockets perspective.

The story I wrote last year was about a boy/girl (YOU) who grows up in the city. Your father is a pokemon trainer who aspires to be the best of the best. Challenging the Elite four agian and agian but to no avail. He spends all his time training, and none with you. Your mother is always worried about you and your grades, if all your grades are not "A". Then you've failed in her eyes. She sees it fit to punish you for every B, God forbid a C. She seemd more concerned with her position in the school board rather than her family. At least you have your best friend (opposite sex) to keep your chin up. A few years later, Your dad stops returning phone calls. He hasn't been seen in weeks and your mother has become head of the school. Your best friend moved to Kanto. There is nothing left for you in central city. Your only option is clearly to run away. But with no money, you turn to quick scemes to make ends meet. Hopes of leaving this region behind are beginning to fade. Until you meet a sharp dressed man seemingly mad in speech, he convinces you participate in his master plan. He promises to give you anything you want in return. Your ticket to Kanto..A new life is calling

I Have also always wanted to make the anime series of pokemon and slip the movies in as well, Playing as Ash, getting attacked by spearows, Camping out with misty and Brock ect. as accurate as possible... this would be a Long project
    fortunately i think it would be easier since i know how to do animations really well, and i could spend less time focusing on the story

I can only do one, but am completely torn.

Guys... I need help making up my mind.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
    You really need to improve the games visuals, to be honest. You're mixing and matching resized and non-resized, not to mention that numerous sprites are resized incorrectly. I'm downloading the demo right now, so I'll give you some more feedback when I'm done, but overall I think you really need to up the quality here.

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    Hey man I really like the first demo. I especially like the graphics and how you had people throwing Poké balls and Pokémon coming out! I'll definitey play the next demo! :)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    Looks pretty cool,

but ya might wanna consider renaming the game, the new DS pokemon games are going to be called Pokemon Black/Pokemon White :/

Years
    sorry I posted it in the Team Rocket group, so I'll post it here

Toxicpurple is a firered hack, but the features are great: no more HM's, only tools (ex.: Surf replaced by surfing board; Cut replaced by machete; Flash replaced by flashlight; etc)
    Also you can't heal your pokemon in a city pokecentre, or just buy stuff at a pokemart. There are bases where you can find those. Which makes it more realistic.

Best of luck

Back