• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black/White Screenies [SPOILERS]

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Spoiler:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Spoiler:
    Victini looks spectacular. :3

That ship... Is it haunted or something? I haven't really seen any ghost Pokemon in B/W. Maybe we would find some over there?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Spoiler:

I love how the summer effects appear. The yellow petals flowing across your character looks admirable. :3

I'll take a wild guess and say that in that ship you'll be able to battle Team Plasma. If you look at the last screenshot the boat is there and Team Plama is right by the bridge. The ship does look eerie though.

The graphics of this game looks excellent, everything seems to be going splendidly and I'm liking what I see so far.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't remember being able to board that ship actually. It's only there during the Victini event, then returns to Hiun City once the event is over. =(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ok, I've been playing for a while and just now found the time to upload the pics to photobucket so here is an overhaul:
    Spoiler:

Aaaand thats it! I'll have a lot another time once I can upload again..
    That is quite the handful of screenshots, but the more the merrier. XD; In the 8th picture, there's a bunch of character sprites. I find the ones with red hats on very similar to Aaron's (the owner of Lucario in movie 8) style of clothing and I thought, what a coincidence. Of course it's their hats itself that gives me that feeling, but aside from that, they look professional.

The Ferris Wheel is striking, I love how the angles from your view is put out; the pokéball seats being the main attraction. The trees from a far sight makes the outlook more realistic and I am really keen on seeing this part of the game for myself. B)

I don't remember being able to board that ship actually. It's only there during the Victini event, then returns to Hiun City once the event is over. =(

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that's probably the reason for a Team Plasma member blocking the entrance there. D;

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I've looked again in better light and I still don't notice a change. Looks blue to me. :(

...maybe I really am colourblind. But yeah, there's no real difference between the screenshots. D: But if the lighting is affected by the time of day, that's pretty awesome even if I can't see it.

I see the green tinge too, it is on the bricks of the bridge. You might be colour blind, or maybe the people who see the green are >.<

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ....okay I think I finally see the green-ish tinge, but it's only so slight. Idk, doesn's stand out, I prefer the screenshots of the bridge being red anyways, since that looks nicer (unless that's a different bridge lol).

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
  • What's that green and white thing you are talking about?Could anyone explain and post a picture?

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • What's that green and white thing you are talking about?Could anyone explain and post a picture?

They are talking about this bridge:
    Spoiler:

Some of my pictures:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh wooooow. Zekrom looks amazing. That place where he is looks ancient, but wow omg I want to play so much more now. ;___; I love how much Zekrom stands out so much, though. XD;

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • It reminds me of Sky Pillar in Platinum and D/P.

I love how you can see the whole back sprite of the pokemon now, not just a small section. It looks so much better. Garbage bag pokemon is hideous in that pic ˙_˙"

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Oh wooooow. Zekrom looks amazing. That place where he is looks ancient, but wow omg I want to play so much more now. ;___; I love how much Zekrom stands out so much, though. XD;

Agreed. I especially like the angles he is shown in, his appearance is very fierce. Although if you take a look at the fourth picture, he looks really creepy. His face especially appears very repulsive in that position.

Not sure if it's just me, but N looks very "fake" if you get what I am saying. He looks as if he were copied and pasted right on to a spot in the background taken place. However it may just be me. n_n;

Filozofio

Hand Over The Candy
    Years
  • Not sure if it's just me, but N looks very "fake" if you get what I am saying. He looks as if he were copied and pasted right on to a spot in the background taken place. However it may just be me. n_n;
    I agree. If they'd put the mist around him or even something small like that, it might've look better. I dunno, but it just looks weird to me too.

Zekrom looks like he's hungry. o3o

I want this game even more now. D;

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • I agree. If they'd put the mist around him or even something small like that, it might've look better. I dunno, but it just looks weird to me too.

Zekrom looks like he's hungry. o3o

I want this game even more now. D;

Trust me it's not fake. Serebii has the same picture under neath "Black and White's" "Team Plasma and N" section (which I found out after I took the picture).
    I use a program called "SnagIt" to screen capture and SnagIt doesn't have the ability to do Photoshop-like editing.

I did think it was odd for the creators to put a noticeable sprite of "N" right there.
    I didn't know I had to make note to people that it wasn't fake. >_>

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Trust me it's not fake. Serebii has the same picture under neath "Black and White's" "Team Plasma and N" section (which I found out after I took the picture).
    I use a program called "SnagIt" to screen capture and SnagIt doesn't have the ability to do Photoshop-like editing.

I did think it was odd for the creators to put a noticeable sprite of "N" right there.
    I didn't know I had to make note to people that it wasn't fake. >_>

I don't think they were saying that it's fake, just that the scene looks oddly presented lol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ... XD;

Yeah N doesn't really add to it for some reason, I'm assuming it's due to his hair, or something, because against that background, he looks too pixelated and strange. I guess if the graphics weren't as pixelated overall, then N could match the scene a little better.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    In White, N is on the other side, and I don't remember him looking that bad. I think that when you actually see it in animation as it moves in the extremely pixelated look doesn't stand out as much.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Some Moar!

Here are some more pictures I took:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Here are some more pictures I took:

Spoiler:

I love N's closeup in this screenshot. I don't believe any of the past generations had a view of a character such as this one either so it's pretty neat. But good job on the screenshots taken, the last one especially has a great view of the bridge although used with Action Replay. n_n

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Yay! 200th post here!

Ah, well.. It has been a long time since I posted any screen shots. ;_;
    Spoiler:

Back