• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Breaks 400 Episode Mark in Japan!!!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    It is official. Pokemon is over 400 episodes now. Here are the titles of the latest two in Japan. I don't have descriptions yet, but they deal with the Hoenn League and Masamune, the guy that is probably going to beat Ash this year.

401: Ever Grande City Arrival! Meowth in Boots?

402: Start the Preliminaries! Masamune Appears!!

But seriously, 400 episodes! It will top Dragonball in episodes at this rate. And it is also getting there in movies too!

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    That is a big accomplishment but the whole Dragonball combined is like 515 epsiodes.Pokemon will reach that soon.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Oh, that's so exciting. <3~~~ I can't wait until we finally get into the episodes of the Ever Grande Pokemon battles. ^^ I really want Ash to win a Pokemon League Championship. :3

~Kelsey

Years
    That?s a lot of episodes, u could watch a episode a day for a whole year and you still wouldn?t watch them all.. Let's be happy and let them continue to make more and more episodes.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Satoshi-kun said:
    It's not exactly 400 if you count Advanced Generation as a seperate series. And Advanced Generation DOES have different episode numbers (screw 4Kids' way).

Um, in Japan they're still totalling the number of episodes... (That's coming directly from Serebii, the site that has the Japanese names of the episodes too.) They just added AG in front of the number. And if you remember, the Dragonball series was THREE seperate series'. And since I'm counting them as a whole, I'll do the same with Pokemon.

So... It's past episode 400.

Sato

N'cha!
    Years
    Dragonball: 153
    Dragonball Z: 291
    Dragonball GT: 64

Dragonball Total: 508

Pocket Monsters: 276
    Pocket Monsters AG: 124 (Currently)

Pocket Monsters Total: 400 (Currently)

Number of episodes needed by Pocket Monsters to be longer than Dragonball: 108

There, Statistics all summed up perfectly

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    You got to say that it is still a lot episodes. Only 108 episodes in order to tie up with Dragonball (Which is my other fave show) That is not much. Pokemon would reach that by end of this year (Maybe) but for sure next year!!

Hey, does anybody know the averge number of episodes of Pokemon that Japan airs in a year?

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    I'm not counting it as 400 since it's a seperate **** series. :| Just like Dragon Ball and Digimon, they all are different series' and don't count all together.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    I'm not counting it as 400 since it's a seperate **** series. :| Just like Dragon Ball and Digimon, they all are different series' and don't count all together.

Well, that's your opinion. But think of it this way. If you count them as different series', wouldn't they STILL be beating Dragonball in episodage?

But, I count them together because they have almost the same cast in them, with a few changes here and there, but the same overall cast and story.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Pocket Monsters outdoes Dragon Ball in episodes (276 > 153) and movies (5 > 4). Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation, however, does not.

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
    Actually, Pocket Monsters has 7 movies so far...with at least 2 more movies in the works..will it beat DBZ?...probably not...you just have to consider both fanbases are pretty large, and its all about preference as well...

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    TSS_Killer said:
    Actually, Pocket Monsters has 7 movies so far...with at least 2 more movies in the works..will it beat DBZ?...probably not...you just have to consider both fanbases are pretty large, and its all about preference as well...
    Pocket Monsters has FIVE movies. Advanced Generation has two, with one in the making.

Back