• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Breeding?

Poison Pokemon Rule

Merry Christmas
Years
  • I got a question about breeding. Whats up with breeding? Why when you breed a (example: Garchomp and Salamence) a baby Bagon or Gible hatches not some sort of Mutant pokemon?

When you breed 2 different breeds of dog a nother breed is created (Example Poodle and Labrador a Labradoodle is created)

Can someone explain?

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • They probably just made it that way because it'd be way too complicated to have to create a new Pokemon every time two different types breed. It would make more sense that way yea, but it's just easier this way.

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Some special cross-breed Pokemon would be good. But all or most, ._. that would just be too confusing.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm not sure how that would work. For every two Pokemon that can breed, you'd need a mix Pokemon, then if the mix Pokemon can breed, you'd need a Pokemon that's a mix of that mix Pokemon as well as whatever it's breeding with. Continue this cycle and you'd need an infinite number of Pokemon species to account for all possible breeding combinations of the originals and their mixed offspring. Good luck catching 'em all then :/

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It gets worse from there.... *coughHSOWAcough*

If someone decided to hack something with cross-species, I bet it would be a big hit~

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Somebody *did* make a sprite of a cross between a Skitty and a Wailord. It looks hilarious.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
  • I think cross breed pokemon would look and be really, really dumb, like some sort of fan created dream.

My theory is that pokemon have strong DNA chains. Similar pokemon can breed but the pokemon with the dominant DNA strain changes the egg or sperm of one pokemon partner into its own DNA strain producing one species.

All pokemon need a base for there DNA chain to corrupt and some pokemons base DNA is not compatible. This is very close to what a ditto would do having a base DNA that is compatible with all pokemon because of its malleable DNA.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It depends on who's the mother and who's the father. Say you bred a Purugly and a Weavile (heaven forbid). The Purugly is the mother and the Weavile is the father, right? That means the baby will be a Glameow.​

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Apparently the game doesn't want to let us know that the male and the female had one helluva night and produced an egg. :[ So the day care man tells us that they don't know how the egg got there, so they imply that the egg just appeared in the Pokemon's hands and just happened to be the same species as the female.

That's my theory.

It depends on who's the mother and who's the father. Say you bred a Purugly and a Weavile (heaven forbid). The Purugly is the mother and the Weavile is the father, right? That means the baby will be a Glameow.​
    I think he knows how it works lol. >____>

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Thats just the weird way of pokemon breeding. Im guessing people do that to get even stronger versions of their pokemon? I wouldnt really know much of it because im not a pokemon breeder.

Back