• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Champion is back!

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Hmm.. looks neat, but the size is too long. :D I'm not good judging fusions though, as I'm not a big fan of fusions...

For the name, perhaps Graten?

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Me thinkies, he meant like, it's not the usual size as the usual pokemon (64x64).
And, the sprite really looks cool, very professional looking, too.

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
I liked the demo, but it lagged...alot...

Anyways, I noticed one error. When Paris's Charmander used Growl against be, it lowered my defense. That is wrong. In the gameboy games, growl lowers attack, not defense.
Just something I felt I should point out.

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
For maximum performance with the demo, close all other programs.
Press F5 or F4 for smaller screen.

If you have a slow computer, that may be the main problem.

Thanks for mentioning that error, but it has already been noted. ;)

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Well, I'm thinking of implementing an entirely new system, which I don't know if it will be possible.
I had an idea that you would be able to fight two or more wild pokemon at one time. Meaning, that they can attack you in groups. Not all Pokemon hunt in groups so it would be like you could get attacked by 3 Rattata.
What do you think? I want an opinion before we even consider starting to code it etc.

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Saying that, we don't need to follow exactly as the other pokemon games do. We're aiming for a bit of originality in gameplay.
Anyway, in the Pokemon TV series, Ash always gets ambushed by big bunches of beedrill's and stuff.

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
true, but ash's Pikachu is at least level 150. My theory on him is that he used gameshark, that's how his Pikachu can OHKO a ground type with a thunder attack(First Movie while the opening credits roll). Normal pokemon can't usually take on more then one other pokemon at a time, unless there is a drastic difference in level.

Anyways, I closed all other programs and the demo was lag free, but I did notice one thing while playing; the wild pokemon spawn rate is too low. Throughout the entire demo, I only found ONE wild Pokemon. Is this intentional?

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Wasn't intentional no. The spawn rate differs all the time.

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
yeah the only one I saw was a pidgey, which I did catch, but the point is that it's weird I only found one pokemon-and it wasn't until the area right before Orch Cave, either.

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Oh one thing you may have realised, is that the Pokemon take longer to defeat etc, and that your party takes longer to level up. This is an issue that will be fixed soon and the updated battle system in the newest demo.

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
I lose all the time in Pokemon Champion. Especially at the first trainer. :P

Back