• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles What Do You Think

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    This belongs in pokemon TV shows and movies, but anyway ive only seen The Legend of Thunder part one and i thought it was ok, but if you don't like the dub you should try and dig up the Japanese ones

~Yami_Zidane

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
  • Though I haven't seen the dub of "Raikou, Legend of Thunder (Part 1)", I can already tell it's an atrocity from what people are saying. It's bad enough that they changed Dani, Yoshi, and Jackson's names, but turning Hun into a girl is too much.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I have to say i think the Legend of Thunder part 1 was brilliant, i really enjoyed it. I like the new openinig and i think they way in which it is done is GREAT!!

- LE

Years
  • I havent had the chance to see Pokemon Chronicles as it's only been aired in the UK not in Australia or the US which is an unfair advantage as the British viewers get to see all the pokemon specials from season 7 that were ony aired in Japan

Where as us pokemon fans in Australia and the USA are left in the dark only watching all the pokemon episodes that are being aired in seasons 7 & 8

So if 4Kids and WB want to sustain their US and Australian pokemon viewer ratings they should put pokemon chronicles on air in both of these countries but leave out all of the boring pokemon special episodes

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    cold_katanagirl said:
    Oh, thanks. ^^ I almost lost it there for a second...

No Problem.

I havent had the chance to see Pokemon Chronicles as it's only been aired in the UK not in Australia or the US which is an unfair advantage as the British viewers get to see all the pokemon specials from season 7 that were ony aired in Japan Where as us pokemon fans in Australia and the USA are left in the dark only watching all the pokemon episodes that are being aired in seasons 7 & 8

So if 4Kids and WB want to sustain their US and Australian pokemon viewer ratings they should put pokemon chronicles on air in both of these countries but leave out all of the boring pokemon special episodes

Dont forget you have had movies 5-7 we in the uk have had to wait ages for anything like that so we deserve the chronicles dont you think?

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • Yeah that is true, we don't even have the Celebi movie on DVD yet, which stinks and they haven't aired any others after that in the UK either.

Ok I have seen part on and two of Raikou: The Legend of Thunder. The 2nd part aired today ^^ and I have to say personally that I think it is great if you overlook the dub names.

The names do not make the show, just cus the names are rubbish you don't have to presume that the dub Special is rubbish.

Even though I do agree that Yoshi/Kenta's dub name Jimmy sucks, I still found that the episodes were really good.

Stevo-Kun

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
  • You know, despite the fact that Eusine has not only appeared in a previous episode of "Pok?mon" but in the video games as well, 4Kids still changed his name to Eugene for some reason...

I'm a little worried, frankly - I'm guessing they won't remember the names of Flint, Violet, Lily, Daisy, Richie, or Casey when we get to those episodes.

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
  • Overall, yes, I so far like Chronicles and it's nice to be able to watch these episodes in a language I understand, but like so many others I have a problem with most of the dub names and of course, them turning Bashou/Hun into a woman which I can see no reason for, that's one of the thinks that irks me the most, the other thing being the fact that they can't seem to remember what dub names they choose for characters >>; I'm really glad they kept Marina's Japanese name and they even kept the original name for her Croconaw "Wani-Wani" but the fact that they changed both Jackson's and Eusine's names when they have actually been in the show before was really not a clever thing to do X_x;

Hummm, I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes though :D Especially the Team Rocket ones (*YAY!*)
    Oh yeah and the Brock special, I'm curious to see how they dig themselves out of the hole they created when they said Brock's mother had died :p
    ...they probably won't remember that either.... or just say she's his dad's new girlfriend or something XD

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Evil Togepi said:
    Oh yeah and the Brock special, I'm curious to see how they dig themselves out of the hole they created when they said Brock's mother had died :p
    ...they probably won't remember that either.... or just say she's his dad's new girlfriend or something XD
    Seeing as how they can't even remember that they gave dub names to Jun'ichi and Kenta and even renamed Minaki after he already had an English name set by Nintendo of America and even used the name before, I very much doubt they'll even remember what they said about Brock's mom.

$5 says Richie becomes Ricky.

Seriously, 4Kids has the memory of an Alzheimer's patient. o_O Bad enough Advanced/Advanced Challenge has the most screw ups out of all of their seasons.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Haha. Yeah right. If they kept all of the info for the show, there'd be absolutely NO goof ups what-so-ever. There wouldn't be any of this mistaking two Pok?mon, one for the other. There wouldn't have been so many **** errors in the first movie. Trainers' Choice wouldn't look like a 2 year old that's new to Pok?mon constructed it. And they certainly wouldn't be renaming characters we've seen before.

Back