• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Coin

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I just joined this forum today, and I thought I'd share a project I recently did for my Precision CNC Machining class at my vocational/trade school. Our instructor had us make a brass coin, that at minimum, had our initials on it. I incorporated my initials (K.D) into this design that I drew and created the program for the image so the machine could create it. I think it turned out fairly well, let me know what you guys think! :)
    -Kristin

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Thanks guys! What did you use to make the magnet? :P I'm in a class where we learn how to program and operate CNC machines (look them up if you don't know!) and I love making things like this.
    Any recommendations on another design? :) I'm currently working on a Pokemon "coat of arms" but it's only on plexi-glass now instead of metal.

Years
  • Arceus head in the middle, "In Arceus we trust" around the rim.
    For the lolz.Not that I condone that pseudo-religion thing with Arceus. I saw a message board about it once. Those people creeped me out. :S

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Haha! That would be so cool-looking though! I am actually thinking about making it now! :D
    But I do agree with you on the second part, it may be going just a bit too far :P

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • Massive respect for what you have created there, Bravo! I come from a mechanical engineering background and have many dealings with the CNC machine.

Zeus

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Thank you, and that is awesome! Right after high school, I plan to go to college to get a degree in mechanical engineering. :)

User19sq

"Turned out fairly well" my butt. That thing looks legit! If you took requests, I'd pay you to make me custom coins. XD

But yeah, in all seriousness, you did a great job on it. Keep up the good work. :3

Back