• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Crimson Skies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spar-tah

Member of Silver Isle
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2006
    .:: Hack Name ::.
    Pokemon Crimson Skies

.:: Hack of ::.
    Pokémon Fire Red

.:: Introduction ::.
    Hey guys, this is my first hack in progress, if you Beta test it tell me what you think and if theres any bugs or glitches.

.:: Story ::.
    You are a Kid that lives in the reigon of Ryos, you have always dreamed of becoming a Pokemon trainer. One day you hear a rumor, that Team Raigon, an evil organization is trying to capture the "Crimson Legend" Ho-oh. On top of that people are saying that the Elite Four and Gym Leaders of Ryos have turned evil and are helping Team Raigon. Now you set off to visit Proffesor Oak to get your own Pokemon and stop Team Raigon and the Elite Four from what they are planning.

.:: Features ::.

* 4th generation pokemon (hopefully)
    * New Maps
    * New Hero/Heroine
    * New Gym Battles
    * New Elite Four
    * Rare Candy And Master Ball available for purchase at Indigo Platteu
    * New Story
    * 251 Pokemon Catchable
    * New Reigon

.:: Team ::.

* Mapper: Me, Treeck lv.100 Nextgendragon2006
    * Scripter: None yet (really need one)
    * Spriter: Me Nextgendragon2006
    * Text Editor: Me

.:: Screenshots ::.
    Pokemon Crimson SkiesPokemon Crimson SkiesPokemon Crimson Skies

.:: Beta ::.
    If you want to Beta test this hack download the IPS.

Last edited:

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
    Years
    Well based on what was there it was a pretty good hack.

ONE THING: When in Skylight town I saw clouds going through the trees in one area. {Weird}

~Jack~

Back In Business
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    its very good
    i like the Mirror B. addition
    the sprite of "slate" looks zombieish

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Nice storyline and it was cool to see Mirror B. That surprised me. If you want, I could help you map.

Spar-tah

Member of Silver Isle
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2006
    Thanks guys, if any one wants to help out just PM me.
    P.S. If anybody is a good scripter I could really use thier help :D

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    thank god you put the pokemart closer to the hometown! pokemon fire red seems to be todays primal choice for hackers, but that event makes not even want to play hacks sometimes. but geez, what's with all the random pokemon in the grass? it looks like you need to update the pokedex seeing as how poochyena won't show in the dex, but then again you'd have to release the national dex. also, the sign for the sky tower does not work. the glitchy cloud thing is really weird too. i suggest you replace one of those useless buildings in skylight town for a pokecenter. what are you supposed to do in the sky tower anyway? sorta boring going up it, and when you go up each floor, while all of them repeat the "sky tower" text, the third floor is blank. the house near it is glitchy. found another glitch when you go into the mirror building. when you look at the top-right corner pokeball, the game freezes (grr, i had to start all over). also, when you approach the red/white afro guy from the left or right, the overworld transforms back into the original overworld of the trainer. also, the team rocket trainer overworld doesn't function as a trainer and is still a cut tree in function. the same goes for the rocket dudes on route 2. that little house on route 2 where the scientist and abra trade boy is: for some reason, you can walk through the hedge north of it. the pokecenter at pewter city is glitchy. the gym leader is supposed to be named "slate", but everyone refers to him as brock still. surprisingly enough, you actually got the rocket trainer to say that the beta ended. hope all of that helped. you should really take more effort into things before you release so many demos of your hack.

Spar-tah

Member of Silver Isle
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2006
    Yeah I know It's not perfect right now, I still have to edit some of the text and fix those glitches lol. and as for the tower in Skylight Town im planning on putting a legendary Pokemon from R/S at the top floor but i havent figured it out yet so at the moment theres nothing there.

Last edited:

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    You call the version "Crimson Skies" and your signature depicts a Rocket member with a Ho-oh.....does that mean that Ho-oh will be a part of the storyplot as well? The name of your hack sure would suggest that. As for placing a legendary on a tower, I'd say Rayquaza would fill in that category, but so could Lugia or Ho-oh .After all, according to the NPC's in GSC, they were both supposed to live in towers.

Spar-tah

Member of Silver Isle
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2006
    Yeah Rayquaza is who I want to put in the tower and as for Ho-oh im planning on him being a pokemon controlled by team rocket yet catchable from them at some point in the game, and heres the Hero and Heroine sprites.
    Pokemon Crimson Skies
    Pokemon Crimson Skies

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    the story is still rather, um, up in the air right? either way, it sounds good, but how will you make it so you cant access the legend in the very begining?

Spar-tah

Member of Silver Isle
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2006
    the story is still rather, um, up in the air right? either way, it sounds good, but how will you make it so you cant access the legend in the very begining?

Yea the story posted is pretty much the basic plot, and as for the legendaries im still deciding on how to get to them. Like for Rayquaza in sky tower i moght make it so you need a bike to get to him like in R/S, like i said im still working out these things.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    Yea the story posted is pretty much the basic plot, and as for the legendaries im still deciding on how to get to them. Like for Rayquaza in sky tower i moght make it so you need a bike to get to him like in R/S, like i said im still working out these things.

*shudder* I hated having to climb Sky Tower with a Mach bike...Why don't you place a road block that needs a HM to enter? For example, you could place rocks and boulders in the tower, I mean, place 'em in a puzzle sort of way so it wouldn't be so easy to reach the top. Make the HM for Strenght and Rock Smash appear late into the game, to prevent any trainers from reaching to the top of the tower before they should.

And about your characters, I like how you restored the G/S/C male hero, but couldn't you, well, extend his height or something? He seems much younger then the female rival,and aren't they supposed to be around the same age? Couldn't you re-use the heroine of Crystal version?

Last edited:

FaNtEcH

u keep winning until u lose
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    you know what? i think i have played this hack before. The same thing it was. It was called Pokemon Lunar Blast. Well there is still some difference

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    So you're saying that it's different from Crimson Skies yet "The same thing it was" ? Are you trying to note some similarities between Crimson Skies and the game you call " Lunar Blast " ? I have not heard of a game called Lunar Blast before, but if it does exist, and if most elements of it were indeed added to Crimson Skies, I would have thought it would have been finished in a couple of hours or so...

52!

Silver Isle.. JOIN IT
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    i know for a fact that that this game is from scratch as it was partly my ideas and i have watched spartah with my real eyes make this hack.. it started as a conjoined thing then into a single.. its not a copy of this "lunar blast" dont try to rain on a good hack's porade man

Spar-tah

Member of Silver Isle
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2006
    Yeah I can say for a fact that my hack is an origional idea (with help from 52 and others) :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    crimson skeis map

heres some sprites i found. i'll bring up a map of the new charizard valley soon. btw, dont you think if this hack wasnt an original, that it would have been stopped?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back