• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Crystal Sprite Revamp (Animated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This is so much fun. :x I have a new appreciation for Piloswine now that I've done this, I never realized how omgcute he is until just now.

D'AWWWW

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • haha, thats wonderful!
    I must admit, I like flareon much more than I did before I revamped it

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    So I did two more. I might edit them a bit more, especially Ursaring's because it was very intensive to do, haha.

Edit: Also, I'm going to do the Bulbasaur line next but probably not tonight. Just claiming it :)

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • That's great toujours, you're getting better!

--

On a side note, I need to make some rules regarding size. Sprites cannot exceed 60 x 60, or they cannot be used.

So, unfortunately the awesome Dewgong sprite can't be added. I apologize for not realizing this earlier, but better now than after a gazillion sprites to big are done.

Also, to ensure the sprites are transparent and therefore much easier to use, it is preferred you chose what sprite you want to revamp here, then select it from this site. It's only a few seconds longer, but it will remove many hours of fixing sprites with white backgrounds. Because I didn't realize this, I will be happy to change the background of the white sprites to transparent. But only the ones that were made before this post.

That is all. Hooray! Our project is growing!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Okay, here's the Bulbasaur line. Not too happy with the Ivysaur, any tips on how to make it better?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Okay, here's the Bulbasaur line. Not too happy with the Ivysaur, any tips on how to make it better?

Your enthusiasm is refreshing!
    One thing I can note straight away is your highlights - specifically, there are none. The black outline can sometimes make the sprite look jagged and 2D. Look at the bulbasaur from the 5th gen and compare. I also suggest reading this to help you understand about revamps. I found it very useful.

Don't give up, though! A little edit will go a long way!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Your enthusiasm is refreshing!
    One thing I can note straight away is your highlights - specifically, there are none. The black outline can sometimes make the sprite look jagged and 2D. Look at the bulbasaur from the 5th gen and compare. I also suggest reading this to help you understand about revamps. I found it very useful.

Don't give up, though! A little edit will go a long way!

There is highlighting, lol, it's kind of hard to see because the colors are pretty similar but I took the colors from the fifth gen sprite of each one. It's on the head of all 3 of them as well as various other places. I will work on the outline though, I probably did leave too much of it black because imo it looks better than making too much of it non-black and it's sometimes hard for me to tell xD

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years

• There is highlighting, lol, it's kind of hard to see because the colors are pretty similar but I took the colors from the fifth gen sprite of each one. It's on the head of all 3 of them as well as various other places. I will work on the outline though, I probably did leave too much of it black because imo it looks better than making too much of it non-black and it's sometimes hard for me to tell xD

ah, I see.
    Also, one thing with your Ivysaur, watch the front leg. You didn't revamp all of it.

And your Bulbasaur's animation is set to combine, when it should be replace.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm picking on the mistakes, because you are doing wonderfully well for a beginner!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013

Man, what a difference a year makes to making your old stuff look like ****. I'll get the animation done later.

Also calling dibs on the Hitmon family

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Pokemon Crystal Sprite Revamp (Animated)

Man, what a difference a year makes to making your old stuff look like ****. I'll get the animation done later.

Also calling dibs on the Hitmon family

Yay! Mega Shock's joining!

speaking of which, after I finish getting someone to pretty up the thread, I'll keep track of dibs and such

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Daw.... my Mew isn't in the finished Pokemon section... :/

Anyway, I'm going to do Snorlax later on tonight as I have to go out right now. I might even do Donphan.

By the way, do you need Dreamweaver for Gimp? Because I downloaded it but I can't figure it out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yea, I know but the GIMP applicaiton itself shows to be a Dreamweaver file. When I open it I need to supply a key for DreamWeaver CS5.

Years
  • Yea, I know but the GIMP applicaiton itself shows to be a Dreamweaver file. When I open it I need to supply a key for DreamWeaver CS5.

You can just stick to (MS)Paint if you're having trouble understanding these programs. It's a simple tool and a lot of pixel artists use it despite that it's old school.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was gonna call the legendary birds, but I see someone has called Zapdos, so I'll start with uno.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    So I did some edits to the Bulbasaur line, to fix it up. I like it much better now. xD

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Daw.... my Mew isn't in the finished Pokemon section... :/

Oh, whoops. My bad, I forgot to add it.

I was gonna call the legendary birds, but I see someone has called Zapdos, so I'll start with uno.

Awesome! As I said, I'll track dibs when I get some organization (should be soon)

So I did some edits to the Bulbasaur line, to fix it up. I like it much better now. xD

Much better! Hooray!

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    You can just stick to (MS)Paint if you're having trouble understanding these programs. It's a simple tool and a lot of pixel artists use it despite that it's old school.

I'm good with Photoshop, just never really had any experience with GIF images in it. Once I figure out how to go to the next frame to edit, I'll start using that instead of Paint.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back