• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON: Dark Blaze

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    Hey everyone. Welcome to my thread. You may all be wondering, darn newbs starting a game that will probably never finnish. Well please discard that thought, because I am not a newb to game creation. Enough blabering. Here is the game.

Region Name: Etheos
    Program: RPG Maker 2003

the-story.gif

Its an ordinary day for our hero Kryt, except for the fact that he is getting his first Pokemon. You wander on over the the professors lab, where you and 2 other trainers will receive pokem on. (the other two you will cross paths with later on in the game.) As you receive your pokemon the lab is taken over by some mysterious trainers and you, your pokemon and the otherr two trainers are taken.
    When you awake you are in a cell. You must escape, then find your pokemon and the other two trainers. During all this you must battle your way out with your new pokemon. Once you defeat the leader you escape and must head back to Oreon, which is the first town.
    You are then given a new pokedex, which was just created by the professor. As you leave your mum gives you your HPD, or Hand-held Pokemon Device. This is used a lot throughout the game.
    Then you must continue on your journey, battling trainers and GYM leaders. But during the game the mysterious kidnappers will appear, and there plan will surface. But in the end, it might be to late.

Thats the story, and sorry I cant tell you the secret at the end, cause that will spoil it.

game-features.gif

New Region: Etheos
    Pokedex
    HPD (Hand-held Pokemon Device)
    CBS and CMS (Custom Battle System and Custom Menu System)
    Hover Scooter
    Running System with Stamina

Ummmmm... i think there is more, just cant think of it right now.

characters.gif

Kryt (Male)
    Kryt is the hero in our story.
    Laya (Female)
    Laya is one of the trainers whom you receive a pokemon with.
    Roy (Male)
    Roy is one of the trainers whom you receive a pokemon with.

beta-testers.gif

Poke_DaviD
    pokemon programer
    Blaze Dragon
    freundmon
    Pokemanz

(Sorry I am not accepting any more BETA testers.)

screenshot.gif

screen04.jpg
    screen03.jpg

screen02.jpg
    screen01.jpg

Oh and here are the credits:
    Neo-Dragon - Letting my use one of his ideas, but in my own way :). Thanks!

Last edited:

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • I love the storyline and the maps. And it's good you didn't tell the whole storyline. If you did, it'd be like nintendo's games.lol.I like your message box too, it's original and that's what a good game needs. I'd like to see pics of the hover scooter.XD

Can you explain how the stamina bar is going to be used?

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Wow this game actually looks really good ill have to keep and eye on it. good luck and id liek to see the hover scooter also and like to know wat the HPD is is it liek a pokegear? Good luck keep up the good work.

~Minorthreat~

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    These are really good maps. They look so nice and ..... clean.

Also, with the stamina thingy, will it be affected by how much your carrying? What about time of the day? Are you gonna do that?

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    the game looks really really nice. You have a good stroyline too. What are you making it in?

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
  • fruendmon, the way I know how it's being made is to look at the icon in the top of the screenshot. If it's a sword, like in these screens, it's RPG Maker 2003. If it looks like a sun type thing, it's RPG Maker XP.

Anyway, nice screens! How does everybody get their text boxes and texts to look so good?!?! It's annoying me cause I have text and textboxes that are total crud.

Last edited:

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • I, and probably everyone else, calls a common event that disables the RM2K3 text box then shows the picture of our text box. then we type in the message and enter spaces and lines to get it to fit into the text box.

For the font, I'm not sure. You may want to replace the RM2000 font in your systems folder to a pokemon ruby one or something similar.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    hey everyone, thanks for your comments. i shall answer all your questions about the game.

Can you explain how the stamina bar is going to be used?
    The stamina bar appears when you RUN. so your press the select button and it appears, and as you run it goes down. and when it reaches the bottom you will stop running and then it will start going up again. it dosn't have to be full to run though.

wat the HPD is is it liek a pokegear?
    The HPD (or Hand-held Pokemon Device) is similar to pokegear. Except for a few things that I have in mind, which i cannot say because i need to ask permission from other game creators because some are there ideas, i just want to expand on them and use them. so i am getting permission. But this is similar to pokegear, it has maps, town information, gym information etc.

Also, with the stamina thingy, will it be affected by how much your carrying? What about time of the day? Are you gonna do that?
    No, i was thining about it but it would involve to much. sorry. maybe next time. :D

What are you making it in?
    game is being made in rm2k3, sorry i thought i posted that on the front but i didnt.

What percent of it is finished (only for asking, not for rushing you)?
    I aint totally sure yet. But i can tell you this: I have completed the mapping for the first town, your house and your room. I have scripted the people in the first town and i have started route one. I have also done the menu system.

Oh and everyone, dont worry bout calling me pokemaster_jay, just jay will be fine thanks. i'll be posting some more screens of the menu system soon. thanks.

EDIT:
    Here is a screen of my menu:
    screen05.png

Last edited:

Berino

Graphics Artist
    Years
  • wow, this looks really good. You have a great idea and your mapping skills are great. the Hero's bedroom is the best I've ever seen. Keep it up. I want to see this finish

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    On your Pokemon option for your menu, it's "check their stats".

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    oh ok. and everyone. i am still working on the game. just havn't updated. i'll post some more screens and information soon. should be good.

and i fixed the spelling error freundmon. thanks.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • I was wondering how ou made the name appear on the menu, then i realised something

Can you name your character??

keep it up

Rueik

Rueik Orasha
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2006
    Will there be a demo released soon? This game looks so clean cut. It must run smothly I hoope you release a demo I want to play it! By the way has anybody even heard of a version of pokemon call "Pokemon Chaos Black" Your character in your pokemon game is the RIP of the main character in Chaos Black..I have the GBA ROM for my VBA adn am currently playing it as I type this its pretty cool except theres one messed up function that is not allownig me to save, other than that, what my piont is, theres some different adn cool pokemon in it like a pokemon called Floan, its a baby lion FIRE type pokemon thats the one I had selected.

Back