• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    I know there's a link that says how to patch this but I haven't figured out a way to do it without having to start a new game I have GBA4iOS emulator on my ipod (5th gen). Does anyone know how? PM me or reply here please. & if you can please try a step by step to make it simpler i would appreciate it a lot.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Just played the new updated beta and it was good
    The 7th gym is tough
    Bt i have a doubt-
    At the sealed chamber,the game crashes when i start battling gary
    does the beta end there???

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Just finished the new beta! Great stuff. Darguis was kinda hard lol! Caught all three legendary in the new beta: Archeus, Latios and Latias! :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • Exit from the pokémon center of Contra city will teleport you to Arkaious city.

Just played the new updated beta and it was good
    The 7th gym is tough
    Bt i have a doubt-
    At the sealed chamber,the game crashes when i start battling gary
    does the beta end there???

I've checked both of these problems on my personal Rom and a patched Rom twice and both worked fine. For the rival battle in the sealed chamber specifically, others have reported getting further than that event so It's possible it could be the Rom you patched it too. Both of you should Try re-patching to another Fire Red Rom. Hope it works.

Just finished the new beta! Great stuff. Darguis was kinda hard lol! Caught all three legendary in the new beta: Archeus, Latios and Latias! :)

Ha, you may've forgotten one legendary! ^.^ Check the wild Pokemon List in the Legendary Section.

I defeated Darugis ^__^

Is that the end of the beta 2 ?

Yep! I'll get started finishing up the hack when I have free time.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2016
    If only I knew how to patch files. Cant seem to find anything that worked. My Garchomp was lv 87 too

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2014
    I am new to pokecommunity, patching, and somewhat hacks, but definetly not pokemon...this has got to be the most entertaining hack i Have played so far, HOY 14.....oh and im stuck, I have 5 badges, just finished the event in Omega Utopia, idk if that was the end of the beta or not so i got beta two, tryed to teach myself how to patch and get my game save from beta 1 to the beta 2 but failed, I have searched multiple different threads trying to figure out a way how to. Im using openemu as my emulator cuz i got a mac. The thing is Im good with computers for the most part, at least I know i can teach myself something from the interent but i still dont know what im doing wrong.....so far ive tryed about 6-10 times probably more honestly and every time the new patched beta ALWAYS restarts from the beginning and i cannot load any of my in game saves, quick saves, or manual saves, ive tryed downloading the normal vba emulator and that doesnt work, tryed to use multiple different patching programs and those dont work. I have a clean fire red rom im pretty sure (i read that the patch wouldnt even be succesful if it wasnt). I'm just asking for anybodys help cuz this is the BEST HACK OUT TO DATE HANDS DOWN. oh and I have some pokemon that ive been searching for through so many different hacks and finally have em....i really dont want to have to restart from the beginning....somebody help haha

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2016
    Ok. So i got the rom patch and game ready but how do i use my old save file from beta 1? Im using mac and open emu if that helps

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2015
    Hey, DRG. your dark rising II is awesome, but i have problem i cant finish game. i defeat darugis and i dont know were to go. i don't have bandage under number 1. can u help me? and i cant go throught on top in alfheim city

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • I am new to pokecommunity, patching, and somewhat hacks, but definetly not pokemon...this has got to be the most entertaining hack i Have played so far, HOY 14.....oh and im stuck, I have 5 badges, just finished the event in Omega Utopia, idk if that was the end of the beta or not so i got beta two, tryed to teach myself how to patch and get my game save from beta 1 to the beta 2 but failed, I have searched multiple different threads trying to figure out a way how to. Im using openemu as my emulator cuz i got a mac. The thing is Im good with computers for the most part, at least I know i can teach myself something from the interent but i still dont know what im doing wrong.....so far ive tryed about 6-10 times probably more honestly and every time the new patched beta ALWAYS restarts from the beginning and i cannot load any of my in game saves, quick saves, or manual saves, ive tryed downloading the normal vba emulator and that doesnt work, tryed to use multiple different patching programs and those dont work. I have a clean fire red rom im pretty sure (i read that the patch wouldnt even be succesful if it wasnt). I'm just asking for anybodys help cuz this is the BEST HACK OUT TO DATE HANDS DOWN. oh and I have some pokemon that ive been searching for through so many different hacks and finally have em....i really dont want to have to restart from the beginning....somebody help haha

(TO THE MODS: Multi-Quote isn't working so I have to respond post by post.)

With the VBA Emulator, have you been making save states? I'm not used to explaining how to solve save issues and such as other people in the community usually handles that. I'm really sorry I can't help. All I can think of is try going to File-Load(Just Load, not Load Game)-Then search for your save file from Beta 1. Press it and it should load. Try walking in and out of a building in the game after you loaded your save file as well. I know that sounds odd, but it might work.

Hey, DRG. your dark rising II is awesome, but i have problem i cant finish game. i defeat darugis and i dont know were to go. i don't have bandage under number 1. can u help me? and i cant go throught on top in alfheim city

After you defeat Darugis, that "Was" the end of the beta. I just re-uploaded another update that allows you to go into the building up top in Alfheim City. The beta ends after an event that happens in that route. The hack will be completed late this year.

View attachment 72077

Umm... Does anyone know how to explain/fix this?

This problem must've happened due to Larvitar having 2 abilities and Tyranitar only having 1. I'm not too sure myself as I figured you would still receive Tyranitar's ability by default. But I just re-uploaded the beta that fixes this problem. Re-patch it with the update on the main post now and your Tyranitar SHOULD have it's ability now.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE HAVING PATCHING PROBLEMS; (Again, Sorry for Multi-Posting Mods, but the Multi-Quotes button isn't working)

I'm not used to answering these type of questions or solving them. All I can think of is; after you download the new beta on the first post, download another clean FR Rom. Patch the Beta 2 file as you would any other hack to the new clean FR Rom. Now, instead of pressing "Load State" press "File-LOAD", then search for your save file through your PC/Laptop/MAC and it SHOULD load where you last previously saved in Beta 1. If it does load but everything still seems the same as Beta 1, try walking in & out of a building. The new changes and warps should take effect afterwards.

BETA 2 UPDATE

Beta 2 has been updated. You can now enter the building above Alfheim City after the battle with Darugis. However, after the event in this new route is over, that's the End of the Beta. Thank you all for playing, hope you enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    im new here and i want to play this rom .. can you give me the latest link for this rom??? TIA .

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2014
    This problem must've happened due to Larvitar having 2 abilities and Tyranitar only having 1. I'm not too sure myself as I figured you would still receive Tyranitar's ability by default. But I just re-uploaded the beta that fixes this problem. Re-patch it with the update on the main post now and your Tyranitar SHOULD have it's ability now.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE HAVING PATCHING PROBLEMS; (Again, Sorry for Multi-Posting Mods, but the Multi-Quotes button isn't working)

I'm not used to answering these type of questions or solving them. All I can think of is; after you download the new beta on the first post, download another clean FR Rom. Patch the Beta 2 file as you would any other hack to the new clean FR Rom. Now, instead of pressing "Load State" press "File-LOAD", then search for your save file through your PC/Laptop/MAC and it SHOULD load where you last previously saved in Beta 1. If it does load but everything still seems the same as Beta 1, try walking in & out of a building. The new changes and warps should take effect afterwards.

BETA 2 UPDATE

Beta 2 has been updated. You can now enter the building above Alfheim City after the battle with Darugis. However, after the event in this new route is over, that's the End of the Beta. Thank you all for playing, hope you enjoy.

okay so ive tried everything you told me to try, it doesnt give me the option to "File-LOAD" . I understand you dont normally answer these kindve questions, but i just wanted to ask if you think my problem is because im using OpenEmu emulater and not vba, and i am also on a mac and not a windows...the biggest thing ive noticed is that my save states arnt in .sav form their in .oesavestate .....I then was able to find the .sav files but they are useless and dont do anything, when i open these its just a text file of a weird symbol repeated. any comments, suggestions or ideas, or answers please reply to this or pm me or anything. thanks

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    BETA 2 UPDATE

Purugly and Skuntank haven't their own avatar, they look like Granbull and Heracross in pc and party (not a great bug, just an oversight I guess!); I've also noticed that Gallade's ability is missing.

A simple question: there aren't shining pokémon in this hack, is that correct?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back