• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    I have a question about DR3.
    On youtube i saw a coment that DR3 is coming out next month.Is that truth?

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • It's time for the Very Special Post

I present to you, screenshots of Dark Rising 2. Beta 1 will be available December 20th:

POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

(The Guitarist is just one of the many new trainer classes in DR2)

(New attacks some Pokemon have learned from Gen 6 will be available to them. Such as Flareon finally learning Flare Blitz)

(As Requested, the Fletchling line is In, the Pidove line is Out.)

New Userbar:

And Now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVqEeasqt7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CgBs4UsjzM

Some of you may be thinking "But number 2 isn't even finished yet!" Well, in terms of storyline, DR2 is finished. I'm creating the storyline in Dark Rising 3 & the characters that will be in it. However, I'm not the one working on it. My focus is finishing production of Dark Rising 2 while someone else who is close to me is producing Dark Rising 3. This is how both hacks are being developed at the same time.
    I hope you all enjoyed this special post. This is the Present & Future of the Dark Rising Series.

Dark Rising 3 Userbar:

Woi, nice screenshot there. Just some recommendation :)
    First of : some of the OW color looks awfull.
    And the plasma grunts color looks inapropriate, i think maybe it should be colorize. :S

But overall, your hack is great!
    Good luck! {:3}

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I agree with them ^ the OW is kind of bright with all the red on it, I'd recommend cutting down the red or whatever so it's not so bright.

Years
  • It's time for the Very Special Post

I present to you, screenshots of Dark Rising 2. Beta 1 will be available December 20th:

(The Guitarist is just one of the many new trainer classes in DR2)

(New attacks some Pokemon have learned from Gen 6 will be available to them. Such as Flareon finally learning Flare Blitz)

(As Requested, the Fletchling line is In, the Pidove line is Out.)

New Userbar:

And Now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVqEeasqt7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CgBs4UsjzM

Some of you may be thinking "But number 2 isn't even finished yet!" Well, in terms of storyline, DR2 is finished. I'm creating the storyline in Dark Rising 3 & the characters that will be in it. However, I'm not the one working on it. My focus is finishing production of Dark Rising 2 while someone else who is close to me is producing Dark Rising 3. This is how both hacks are being developed at the same time.
    I hope you all enjoyed this special post. This is the Present & Future of the Dark Rising Series.

Dark Rising 3 Userbar:

If you do create dr3 do you think it can have a different base game? Fire red is cool but there is other games with more pokemon space the roster of pokemon is just getting bigger and the fire red/ruby/sapphire/emerald roster limit is getting smaller compared to it

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    If you do create dr3 do you think it can have a different base game? Fire red is cool but there is other games with more pokemon space the roster of pokemon is just getting bigger and the fire red/ruby/sapphire/emerald roster limit is getting smaller compared to it

Well that means she'd have to hack gen 4 or 5 which don't have many hacking tools, that's why 95% of hacks or gen 3 or earlier.

RARECANDY

POKÉMANIAC
    Years
  • Swampert & Bronzong lines are in. Conkeldurr was all over the first one so it's not going to be in this one & Slaking isn't in it either, sorry. The Pokemon list for DR2 is finalized except 4 empty spots that are for more important Pokemon.

well then :)thank you for repling.
    I play dr1 more than 43 times and i think it would be great if you add these feature.
    1)some pokemon dont learn their prior evolution exclucive move in dr1 like mudkip learn hydro pump in lvl 37 but swamert dont learn these any lvl.
    2)in dr1 pokemon day care centre didnot work. Not only for best move but also for a lvl 5 pokemon,pls add pokemon day care.because low level pokemon are best for ev training.
    3)try to get gen 4-6 ability.like in dr1 zekrom has levetite instead of teravolt.
    4)try to add some good tm like light platinum did. you can add all 50 tms and all 7 hm to make the game gorgeus.
    5)try to bring underwater route using dive.
    Oh one more thing pls pls pls reply this post when you see it.

RARECANDY

POKÉMANIAC
    Years
  • You do realize that Dive is Hoenn game exclusive and would have to be implemented from the scratch in order to be put into Fire Red, right?

sorry.i didnot remember that. i was gone mad because she didnot add timburr and mudkip in the hack:(

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    I am currently playing DR I, BUT OMG! DRG u are awesome and the creators of it too i hope the best of luck and i cant wait for II to come OUT!!!! i just freaking love this game so much!

Aquaduc(k)

Pokemon Every Damn Day
    Years
  • Wow, Can't wait to play this.

I played through dark rising 1 and it took me a while, something that I enjoy about rom hacks is that they are lengthy and involve multiple stories and plot twists. They differ greatly from the standard 8 gym defeat evil whatever organization, and its clear you put a lot of time and effort into the sequel. If the bugs you were referring to were being able to go back to certain spots after re entering houses and battling trainers that were no longer there, but the scripts would still run as though they were, then you should keep those! I liked being able to re battle trainers, like Brock in the cave aganist Entei. It really help exp wise because the trainers and gym leaders were extremely powerful, even the side trainers like Max from the anime who ended up owning me multiple times.

I also liked that you could keep reentering the house and get multiple victini's, did it just so I could get the sacred ash that were attached to them.

My bad if this was already mentioned in your description, but will the Vs. Seeker be obtainable eariler on like it was in Dark rising 1? I hope so, because it really helped for leveling. Whoops, missed the release date at the end haha.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I really dont get it...i know Dark rising 1 is released then when is Dark Rising 2???

How unpleasant. It's not yet release since it's still on progressing hack.
    But that doesn't mean a beta won't be release. Beta will be release this December.
    Hope you keep checking this thread and be remind that it is not the full game release yet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Since December 20 is when we finish school, there could'nt have been a better time for this XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back