• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Keldeo is worthless in Dark Rising 2. Can't learn Ice Beam, can't learn Blizzard, can't learn Aura Sphere, hell, can't learn ANY Fighting type moves at all. It CAN, however, learn a bunch of Physical type moves that are useless to its awful Attack. What blatant incompetence.

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Keldeo is worthless in Dark Rising 2. Can't learn Ice Beam, can't learn Blizzard, can't learn Aura Sphere, hell, can't learn ANY Fighting type moves at all. It CAN, however, learn a bunch of Physical type moves that are useless to its awful Attack. What blatant incompetence.

Because he never could learn Ice Beam and Blizzard? You know, like in the mainline games? DR 2 was released at gen 6 times, so even Aura Sphere was not a thing for Keldeo. That was in the later gens.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Because he never could learn Ice Beam and Blizzard? You know, like in the mainline games? DR 2 was released at gen 6 times, so even Aura Sphere was not a thing for Keldeo. That was in the later gens.

Wow, that is fffffffffffffffffffff'd up. I never noticed that Keldeo couldn't learn Ice Beam and Blizzard. Pretty much all Water types can learn it so I guess it's just Gamefreak's usual mental retardation that made them not let Keldeo get it. As for Aura Sphere, Keldeo's movelist looks like this in this game: Aerial Ace, Poison Jab, X-Scissor, Zen Headbutt, Stone Edge. Nothing it actually learns. So yeah, no excuse to not give it Aura Sphere.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Wow, that is fffffffffffffffffffff'd up. I never noticed that Keldeo couldn't learn Ice Beam and Blizzard. Pretty much all Water types can learn it so I guess it's just Gamefreak's usual mental retardation that made them not let Keldeo get it. As for Aura Sphere, Keldeo's movelist looks like this in this game: Aerial Ace, Poison Jab, X-Scissor, Zen Headbutt, Stone Edge. Nothing it actually learns. So yeah, no excuse to not give it Aura Sphere.

Keldeo would be more OP if it got Ice Beam/Blizzard and Aura Sphere. The fact it's so good without those moves is very telling of what would happen if it had those moves.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Keldeo would be more OP if it got Ice Beam/Blizzard and Aura Sphere. The fact it's so good without those moves is very telling of what would happen if it had those moves.

Well, in Gamefreak's games, it gets Secret Sword, so it doesn't really need Aura Sphere, but the fact that the only Fighting-type move in this game it could get is Rock Smash makes it rather pointless to use. I just wish I had known that before I started using it. And Legendary Pokemon are supposed to be OP. It's kind of in line with their nature. So Keldeo not learning Ice Beam is just Gamefreak's usual nonsense like stopping Regigigas from learning both Protect and Rest.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
So I'm playing Dark Rising Order Destroyed and I think I downloaded a bad version of the game. First off, all of my Absol's attacks are Special Attacks. By that I mean, that despite Thief, Play Rough, and even Slash all being Physical attacks, they all do Special damage. I confirmed this when battling a Masquerain. My attacks were getting weaker against it the more it used Quiver Dance, which boosts Special Defense. Second, Super-effective damage seems to be broken as well. Thief isn't Super-effective against Espurr, a Psychic type, Air Slash is Super-effective against Galvantula even though it's supposed to do Neutral damage against it, and Water Pulse does Neutral damage to Rhyperior when it's supposed to do 4x Super-effective damage. Any chance this nonsense is happening to anyone else?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 28, 2020
Hey!! Can anybody please tell what should be my Pokemon team for this game.
I particularly like to keep my team having different types for example right now I have torchic,murkip,tricko,beldum,larvitar, bagon. What I would also like to know is what are the Pokemons with highest total base stats including mega evolution (not including legendaries) according to this game because I find some of the Pokemon having a little bit different base stats that normally can be seen in any Pokedex app.
Thanks a lot to any and everyone who provide any related information to these topics I mentioned above.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Hi I need help, I'm on SS Titanic and doing the quest for the missing kids. Once I get to the second kid though, I only battle one of the grunts and the other acts like an NPC along with the kid. I can't proceed any further and thinking this might be a glitch.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Did you happen to make dark not effective against steel on purpose? Seems like an odd thing to change about the game. Metagross so OP 'cause you effectively removed one of his weaknesses.
The jumps in trainer levels is pretty absurd halfway into the game, too. Trainers go from like level 26 straight to level 50+

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Did you happen to make dark not effective against steel on purpose? Seems like an odd thing to change about the game. Metagross so OP 'cause you effectively removed one of his weaknesses.
The jumps in trainer levels is pretty absurd halfway into the game, too. Trainers go from like level 26 straight to level 50+

you know that this hack was posted before gen 6 right? like when dark and ghost were not very effective against steel, you know that right?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Im trying to evolve my rotom into a rotom mow and I don't know where to find the leaf stone. Pls Help!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 10, 2022
Guys when i was playing the rom with infinite money cheat my every move was critting do you know what caused it oh and also i am not a fluent english speaker so my english might be broken somewhere

Years
Guys when i was playing the rom with infinite money cheat my every move was critting do you know what caused it oh and also i am not a fluent english speaker so my english might be broken somewhere

You don't need to use infinite money cheat; I will explain why, in spoilers.

Spoiler:

Years
I played DR and oh dear is it bad, the game feels glitchy and unfinished, the battles are borring and require to cheat rare candies in order to advance.
I'm glad it exist because we can learn what NOT to do in a rom hack, you can't learn everything by consuming good media, you need some trash to figure out what made that thing trash and improve upon it.

Back