• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Daycare

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I had my Aron stored in the Pokemon daycare on my sapphire version, and then went to pull it out before they taught it really stupid attacks. When I got it back it got a move that it wasn't supposed to have until the next level.. why is this?

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
    Because as you walk, the steps are used to calculate how much EXP the Pokemon in the daycare will get. So if you walk around enough, it is possible to get a Pokemon to level 100 in the daycare alone, without EV's whatsoever. Since you don't have it on you, whenever it gets to a "new attack level", it automatically gives the Pokemon the attack and deletes the last one in the list. Just get a Heart Scale and give it to the guy in Fallabor(?) City to reteach anything valuable it lost.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
    He might not have noticed that his Pokemon had gained a level, though. I can understand the confusion one would have when putting a Pokemon in the daycare center and, when they take it out and battle with it, realizing that it, for instance, no longer has attacking moves. I was guilty of that when I first got my silver version oh so long ago >.<

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Just like what Post Office buddy said, and if you don't like the moves on your pokemon then go use heart scales to get your old moves back. ;]

Back