• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Den of Ages

Pkmn_Trainer_Silver

Owner of PDoA
    Years
    Err, I'm sorry guys. Inactivity. I'm back.

The game hasn't died. The link will go down ocasionally. Make sure to sign up on my forums when you get the chance. Check the screenshots. Download the alpha.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    This looks good, ill be sure to check this game out some time, good job.
    the level 100,000 thing seems to be a good idea, it will keep people playing, and it will battles more intersting.
    although i can't imagine a level 100,000 caterpie....lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    Well this game looks mad. There are some online PKMNgames, but they don't involve movement and player interaction like yours will. Good luck with it.

But I dunno, level 100,000 ... it seems too much. Like it'll be fun to get there, but will it be worth it? For example, my friends play Runescape, and I don't think that they go past level 70. But if there is an incentive to keep on playing after reaching the top, then it'll be a good game.

Pkmn_Trainer_Silver

Owner of PDoA
    Years
    On RS, I'm level 77, still got tons of stuff to do on RS.

As for my game, raising atleast one pokemon to level 100,000 will earn you a special pin that you get to show on your trainer card, proving you're an elite.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2006
    sounds pretty cool, ow yea one thing you might wanna consider doing.
    adding special dungeons where you can train with every pokemon at any lvl at any time even when your a noob.
    like if your pokemon are lvl 5 you encounter pokemon of lvl 3~4 but if you are at the same spot, same dungeon and your pokemon are lvl 30 you encounter pokemon of lvl 25~27

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Pkmn_Trainer_Silver said:
    On RS, I'm level 77, still got tons of stuff to do on RS.

As for my game, raising atleast one pokemon to level 100,000 will earn you a special pin that you get to show on your trainer card, proving you're an elite.

I really hope you found a way to balance out the stats at level 100,000, Im not gonna knowck you or anything but you are gonna completely ruin the game from the prospective of pokemon battling and trading there is no way a level 100,000 snorlax with 3 curses behind it is gonna die it doesnt matter how high the opposing pokemon's level is because snorlax's special defense is so high and the multipliers curse uses would probably make its defense like 1,000,000, even if your attack was 600,000,000 youwouldnt stand a chance. Then imagine a swords dance + quick attack combo at level 1000,000???????????? There would be no battle youd have Zangooses knockin Skarmorys out with a single quick attack what would be the point of battling? Part of being one of the people we call elite in the pokemon community is skill behind battling and youre not gonna find very much need for skill at all with those rediculous levels. Really research the game engine, find out how evs and dvs work, find out how the stats of each pokemon change as they grow in level and how that effects their role on a team. Could you imagine a level 99,000 skarmory's defense? Theres really no way you could cut it or flip it you just killed the metagame, Being an online competitor in the community for about 6 years now I can tell you that not many of the "elite" players in the community today are gonna play as a matter of fact I can garuntee that because nobody wants to settle online battles on a inaccurate battle simulator that would be pointless. Ive been on the production team for about 5 mmo's that went downhill (one still doin good) and the question of leveling passed 100 is always brought up then found to be a bad idea following later research, I know this is YOUR game but it wouldnt hurt for you take a lesson or two from the developers that have already been where you are now, unless you want your game to end up like TPPC. What you have right now has the potential to make you just as popular as Masume, Fanha, Blizzard, tvsian, Choas (etc) but thats not gonna happen unless you give the players what they want.....pokemon not an interpitation of pokemon but the actual game everyone here fell in love with connected to the world.....think about it

Last edited:
    Back