• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Descent

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    Pokemon Descent

Features:
    A hybrid between Pokemon and a 90's DOS game called DESCENT
    Follows this Jam's optional theme - ESCAPE!
    3 replayable maze-like levels to beat
    No random encounters to slow you down, overworld Pokemon will chase after you instead!
    If you are caught by an overworld Pokemon, your team will be poisoned/paralyzed, or see their health halved!
    Collect keys to unlock colored gates, each key is guarded by a mini-boss
    Find Pokemon to help you traverse water, LAVA, and clear obstacles
    Use coins (some are hidden!) to purchase medicine, TMs, and evolution items
    ~1 hour of gameplay

Game Download:
    MediaFire v1.3

Game Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Made Using:
    Pokemon Essentials
    RPG Maker XP

Team:
    Cryptochrome

Notes:
    Pokemon Descent was made for Relic Castle's 6th Game Jam. There were some bugs initially, but they should all be fixed with the v1.3 update.

This was my first time making a game, and I learned so much! I ran into several problems over the course of this game's development, but I was able to eventually figure out solutions or "work-arounds" for most of them myself - which was super satisfying! For the other issues, the wiki and threads from other people having the same problem helped me solve them.

Cheat Codes:
    Spoiler:

Resource Pack:
    (broken link removed)

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• Pokemon Descent
      title.png
      52 KB · Views: 116
    • Pokemon Descent
      Slide1.png