• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Diamond's Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    :. Introduction
    I've been working on a game and I think it is finnaly time to post it here.Its basically going to be a remake of Pokemon Diamond.Hope you'll enjoy it

:. Story

Since its a Diamond remake I dont think I should spoil the story

:. Features

-new maps
    -new CBS
    -custom tilesets
    -day/night system
    -Minigames
    -Tent system(you can sleep at night)
    Lots more later!

:. Screenshots
    Finnaly something people want to see

:. Completion
    Maps-5%
    Events-2%
    CBS-95%
    Sprites-000.1%
    CMS-0%

:. Team
    I'm alone as of current but if anyone wants to help please post here filling up this form

Skill:
    Proof Of Work:
    Name:

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
    Years
    Dude, you need to use a LOT more detail when describing your systems, and don't you think if D/P is still unreleased in some countries it's a little soon for a remake?

Years
    Dude, you need to use a LOT more detail when describing your systems, and don't you think if D/P is still unreleased in some countries it's a little soon for a remake?

lol,thats the reason I'm remaking it.So that people can play it before its realeased.And there are alway people without a ds.And the emulators for ds lags badly.So I am basicaly remaking it so that people can have the fun of dp with the classic gba graphics(and it doesnt lag ...)

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    Look pretty cool, but Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past tiles with Pokemon?

I don't think they clash that great, but perhaps if you recolor they might fit in a bit more? i.e. make bushes same color as the ones in FR.

Also by the time you finish this whole game, I'm sure it will already be released in most countries.

Anyways good luck!

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    i am gonna be honest and let you no that this looks poor at its current stage. by looking at what you've written you've been through another thread where a tent system was mentioned. noticed someone using RM2k3, downloaded that and all you had were a few sprites and tiles, half of which are zelda.
    i suggest you revise what you have and maybe use PROPER tiles. good luck with it.

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    Skill: coding stuff
    Proof of work: Pokemon glittergold CBS
    Name: shadowpingu
    i'd be willing to help in anyway i can

i have also got a wide range of pokemon chipsets if you want them (i think they're free for use i'll check)

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Is this a 100% remake of Pokemon Diamond? If so, try to keep the same style as it. Use houses similar to the ones in Pokemon Diamond. Ex: In Twinleaf Town, the roof-tops of the houses are green. In this remake, they are 3 differant colours...

Also, the path is a bit to dark to match up with the other graphics. Other than that, it's cool that youve include the Day/Afternoon/Night System!

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
    Years
    lol,thats the reason I'm remaking it.So that people can play it before its realeased.And there are alway people without a ds.And the emulators for ds lags badly.So I am basicaly remaking it so that people can have the fun of dp with the classic gba graphics(and it doesnt lag ...)

Ah, I see - So you're planning to substitute your poor(sorry, but it looks like one of them) RM2K3 game for a DS game made by a team of experienced programmers. And you say people can play it before it is released - dude,it comes out in the UK July 27th, and unless you can make D/P in a month... By the way, as I said before, an RM2K3 game that most likely underwent 20 minutes of planning will not substitute the legend that is Diamond.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Ah, I see - So you're planning to substitute your poor(sorry, but it looks like one of them) RM2K3 game for a DS game made by a team of experienced programmers. And you say people can play it before it is released - dude,it comes out in the UK July 27th, and unless you can make D/P in a month... By the way, as I said before, an RM2K3 game that most likely underwent 20 minutes of planning will not substitute the legend that is Diamond.

i totally agree. why not just make somethign totally different, with a different story line.

Waudby

Personally I dont think you should have used tiles from the old zelda games to represent grass, not only are the two graphics style different but the colouring pallette is different too.

Also I like the mapping of Twinleaf but i think the signpost is in the wrong place, and the path isnt the right style.

I think you could make a good game out of this.

But try and consider not making it exactly the same as diamond, maybe base it around it, use the towns and cities of diamond, but maybe come up with a new storyline.

I don't think people would choose to play this over the real version of diamond.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2007
    And a totally different maker with totally different graphics - think RMXP with Fangking's mega uuber tileset.

Years
    Skill: coding stuff
    Proof of work: Pokemon glittergold CBS
    Name: shadowpingu
    i'd be willing to help in anyway i can

i have also got a wide range of pokemon chipsets if you want them (i think they're free for use i'll check)

Sure,your accepted.Come see me on msn
    [email protected]

Personally I dont think you should have used tiles from the old zelda games to represent grass, not only are the two graphics style different but the colouring pallette is different too.

Also I like the mapping of Twinleaf but i think the signpost is in the wrong place, and the path isnt the right style.

I think you could make a good game out of this.

But try and consider not making it exactly the same as diamond, maybe base it around it, use the towns and cities of diamond, but maybe come up with a new storyline.

I don't think people would choose to play this over the real version of diamond.

your right.Yes I will change the storyline(obviously...) but as of current since I havent thought of a new storyline I dont want to premake a storyline as I want a good one.Also people withouts ds's cannot play diamond(atleast without lag..).anyone would prefer diamond but still I would like to remake one.

But yes.I will change the storyline but I still havent thought of one yet

Thats quite harsh.But like I said above.I WILL change the storyline.And if you dont like it I'm not forcing you to play it.Go play the "legendary" diamond

Is this a 100% remake of Pokemon Diamond? If so, try to keep the same style as it. Use houses similar to the ones in Pokemon Diamond. Ex: In Twinleaf Town, the roof-tops of the houses are green. In this remake, they are 3 differant colours...

Also, the path is a bit to dark to match up with the other graphics. Other than that, it's cool that youve include the Day/Afternoon/Night System!

Gee,thanks.Yes I am working on the tiles but I want it to give the GBA feel.The tiles will be altered a little.Thanks for the advice,though

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    ok i added you and signed up on both of your forums so just ask what you need and it shall be done i guess :p

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    For a second I thought Crystal's Reflection was back... x_x

Years
    hmm...not so sure about this game..seems kinda too much like gold,but keep trying its a good idea!

Yeah,I know.I have changed the tiles and stuff but now I'm looking for overworlds......

Anyway thanks for you support

For a second I thought Crystal's Reflection was back... x_x

I know this is a bit too much but....crystal's reflection is back.I have spoken to darkgoten on msn and he says he had gone onto "hibernation".Anyway he is working on it in secret(though I shouldnt be telling you'll this....).SO GET HAPPY!!,lol

And for updates......

The freaky grass WILL stay!!!!

A town I've made myself...for the heck of it

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2007
    To tell you the truth I don't mind the grass, it adds a nice touch, but all else must go!

Years
    To tell you the truth I don't mind the grass, it adds a nice touch, but all else must go!

all else?And did you see the new screenys.Please post some coments on those too.I want to know how the pokecenter and mart are...And how are the trees.Also I've got some new chars---tell me what you think of them
    gee,my think takes LONNNNG to upload

Ok now when thats outta the way....

Status