• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Digital Network Upgrade

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
  • thanks for all the great comments- keep them coming.

Update: Small update.

Hey everyone. It feels like I havn't had much time to work on my game the last few days, which is weird since I aint in school or anything, I've just been rather busy.
    Well anyways, I was messing around with the game today and I decided to fix a few bugs. First off, I fixed the "Cannon" option. (3rd option)
    finnalyputincannoncommand9lu.png

As you all know, the cannon is vital to the game as it is the device used to "digitise" pokemon.

I have also added in the fusion data cards use. One of the data cards is "Fusion." When you use this card, your fusion energy bar will refill (even if it is empty). So, when you use a fusion, your fusion energy bar goes empty, and you need it full to use another fusion (it re-generates when you get attacked)..... Now with this card, it opens up a better style of battling, as you can paralyze your enemy with Umbreolt, then turn into a more powerful fusion (by filling your bar again with the card) and sweep the enemy out!

Whenever I get some sci-fi styled inner tilesets, I'll start working on the storyline.

Hopfully my next update will show off a new feature I was thinking of adding in.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2008
    cool can't wait for you to finish this is looking like a matrix(kindof).digimon(the cards) DBZ(fusion) Pokemn game

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • New Feature: Attack Swapping!

Attack swapping was an idea that was supposed to be in Silk2: TakeOver, but was pulled out at the last minute. Well now the feature will be in Digital Network Upgrade.

Attack swapping works by: when you level up, if you are at a certain level, you'll learn a certain attack. In Digital Network Upgrade, when you learn an attack (even if you have a spare attack slot), the attack will be sent to your PC (which can be accessed at a Pokemon Center or your room). It is up to you then the place the attack into the attack slot that you desire. Seen as it is an "Attack Swapping" feature, you will be able to swap your attacks around.

attackswappingumbreon19kx.png

So in this picture, you can see I have tackle in my first attack slot.... Well if I press left or right on the keyboard, I can change page and go into my sub attacks....

attackswappingumbreon25wh.png

Sub attacks is your stored attacks, which are in your PC. So If I wanted to, since Faint attack is stored there, I could swap it for tackle, or even place it in a blank slot....

These pictures were to only test the code, but you get the idea of how this will work.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    screens look great good job
    i think attack swaping would be better in this than in silk 2
    will you be releacing a demo soon?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey everyone, its been awhile since I posted an update, so here is my most recent one:
    "Update: At the Industry's secret base. (2 screenshots).

Finally, I got an update for you. I just finished mapping "The Industy's" secret base. "The Industry" is a big corporation within the world of Digital Network. The Industry is so powerful.... They would be like a gouvernment of a country. They control everything.

They have 2 main locations in Digital Network..... both of which are in the Shikoku Region..... One, is a "public" building- which is in Lablium City, while the other is a bit more..... seculded.....

2 screenshots show the second location....

attheindustry10rl.png

attheindustry29qf.png

credits(for both screenshots): DarkPegasus, Remy, and Frario "
    *just please note, those credits are not the entire credits for the game, just for the graphics included in those screenshots.... ofcourse the list goes on and on with members like Avatar, Dawson, Rm2k3kid and many more.....- but I'll save that for another post ; ) *

Thanks for the comments everyone. Keep them coming :)

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Thank you 3 for the comments.

Just to let you know.
    I edited that post up there.
    I updated the 2 screenshots....

1st screen: Fixed door. Added Side of the buildinh (on the left hand side of the building on the right).

2nd screen: Forgot to put the gap in between the ledges- put them in.

Keep the comments coming :)

Daegon

Friend of all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    Man, this game looks great! Neat project you got here, Neo.

Martyr

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    It looks so sweet keep up the good work Can you maybe post the world map for the Shikoku Region so we could see what to expect with that......and how are you going to get to Heonn region and the Shikoku Region? anyways......Awsome work can't wait to see your next update. Martyr If you want to waste time go to pokemoncreator.com

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Nice screenshots the Industry sounds alot like Shinra from FF7 big business that almost controls the whole world

Years
  • The Industry house needs more work. For example, if you take a look at it, the house extension (with the black roof) looks too crude, the roof is too dark and has no anti-alias. Its shape also makes the house look deformed.

Back