• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Draft League Simulator

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2016
    Hi guys! Sorry, I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I put it here.

Anyways, I have an idea.We all know how wildly popular draft league pokemon has gotten, such as the GBA, UCL, TBU, etc. But for those familiar, it works like this : There are 8/12/16 teams ran by players. These teams are allowed to draft usually 10-14 different pokemon, varying in tier (Ex. 3 OU, 3 UU, 2 RU, etc.) If a player drafts a pokemon, only THEY can use it. They can use whichever set they want, or not bring the pokemon at all, but they must use only those 10-14 pokemon every battle. This makes preparation so much more fun - now instead of preparing for an entire tier, you know basically what youre going to deal with every week and can use more creative, effective sets.

So that's how this whole thing works. Now, this game play seems ridiculously fun. The problem is, its impossible to coordinate. Your best bet is either to create one fit with rules, find 7-15 friends who can all play, and are willing to STAY, and to do everything on your own. I propose there should be an online draft league simulator. What does this mean? Basically, a user can go to the website, and clicked to be placed in a queue which will pair them up in a tournament of 16.

Once created, the website will randomize the players and create a snake draft in which they can pick from. Once the players have picked their pokemon, the weeks planned battles will be shown to them. When they visit the home page of the website, once they've entered the tourney, they can see what tourneys they're in, then they can look at each individual players draft and past battles to appropriately team build.

From there, both teams can message and will have 1 week to battle. If they do not manage to battle within one week, the winner is chosen randomly. Anyways, this proceeds until the playoffs, and then finally the finals. If you win the tourney, a system much like Showdown's ladder could be implemented, where more experienced players will not be paired up with newbies.

Afterwards, your profile will show the pokemon you used most, how many kills it had, how many times it died, along with other relevant information.

I was also thinking there could be 2 kinds of tourneys. An unpaid one, for fun, and then a paid one, to make it more like a fantasy football thing. You wouldn't put more than like 2 bucks in, but at the end of the tourney, whoever wins will make 32 bucks (niice), plus, this game mode would give much more ladder points.

Well, that's my idea. I realize this idea is logistically impossible and a huge impossible endeavor to pursue, however I was just curious what you guys thought of it :)

Back