• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dreams and Nightmares

Years

• Pokemon Dreams and Nightmares

Intro
    Hello guys, Jefries here. I haven't been very long in the community however my love for Pokemon is no recent thing. So I got inspired to create a Pokemon game and the ones that I've been recently looking up to is Pokemon Phoenix Rising and Pokemon Chaos. Played Pokemon Chaos and even though I'm just starting I already love it. Pokemon Phoenix Rising impresses me with just the screenshots. Both games gave me this thought of "I can create a great game with a group of people" so here I introduce my first Pokemon project Pokemon Dreams and Nightmares.

What is being used to make the game
    RPG Maker XP
    Klein's BW Essentials

Story
    The region of Albion was a quite yet flourishing region. The region was managed well by the government. The people of the region always lived happy. However one day all that happiness started to go away the people of Albion started to suffered, the government couldn't do a thing about it all the people of Albion where having horrible nightmares. They started to think that all the happiness they had was just a dream. One week later, the nightmares still continue taking over the region however that day a family moved in to a small town in the region of Albion. The family's father was a researcher and he came to investigate the region of Albion. The family's child was a joyful and adventuring child that wanted to get a Pokemon to go in an adventure. The child's dad talked to the Pokemon professor of the Albion region and child got to choose from 3 Pokemon. 3 days later the child went off in an adventure with the father.

Features
    * A new region with more than 200 Pokemon
    * Dual Screen Interface with Mouse Input
    * Following Pokemon

Credits:
    Pokemon BW Essentials:
    KleinStudio

Scripts:
    Luka S.J
    Carmaniac

Resources Credits(Tilesets):
    Crazyninjaguy,
    Dewitty,
    Alucus,
    Kymotonian,
    salu2.,:
    Azul96
    lark125

Other Resources(imgs/musics/OWs):
    PSP
    shiney570
    FohlenETech
    Zenionith
    Zeak

Looking for a team to help:
    If you want to help me in developing this game. Just send me a pm where I'll give you a link to the discord server.

Last edited:

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
    Years
  • Changing things frequently is definitely good. It helps to polish things a lot, especially when it comes to story.
    I mean, I started with practically no plot, stupidly thinking to myself "OHHH THE GAMEPLAY IS WHAT'S COOL" even when the gameplay wasn't good, then I promptly did a complete overall and created a stupidly dark and edgy plot. And then I lightened it and trimmed the fat. Now I have what is hopefully a good plot.

I have my own game to work on, but I could definitely help you with story planning and writing if you'd like. I know that's the most common skill someone can have, buuuuut hey: better than nothing? Unless you would like to use some of my trainer or Mega sprites.

Years
  • I wouldn't say that it's the most common skill, it's more that people think it's really easy and assume they can do it. Writing itself is easy, but writing well is more difficult.

I think you are right in that I mean I changed the story from the character missing his/her dad to the family of the player coming to the region in which is going through bad times. I think I mostly want to get the story to fit the title then the title fit the story. Still I think I definitely need someone to help me out with the story I would say.

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
    Years
  • I think you are right in that I mean I changed the story from the character missing his/her dad to the family of the player coming to the region in which is going through bad times. I think I mostly want to get the story to fit the title then the title fit the story. Still I think I definitely need someone to help me out with the story I would say.
    In that case, I'd be happy to help with story planning and writing and such, as well as possibly trainer sprites. Just give me some instructions and I'll try to help however I can.

Years
  • In that case, I'd be happy to help with story planning and writing and such, as well as possibly trainer sprites. Just give me some instructions and I'll try to help however I can.

Ok I'll PM you when I have something specific that you could do since I don't want to be vague when asking for something.

Years
  • Progress is being made on the game although it is slowly but it is something good.
    Here is the title which was made by Makattack202
    Pokemon Dreams and Nightmares

If you didn't notice there is a Cresselia to the opposite side of the Darkrai.
    I absolutely love this title made by him. It is a lot better than mine XD.
    I keep on searching for good 4th gen tiles to use although I have seen a lot already. I search them on deviantart which has a great amount of them. When I get some screenshots and check if I have all the correct credits I'll later on move this to developing. Keep in mind we still need people so if you want to help remember to just contact me through a PM. We need a pixel artist essentially.

Back