• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Earth

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2021
    Pokemon Earth

Synopsis.
    Something Unknown haunts the Arlo region, since a private Pokémon research company has begun to settle in the mountains, a dense haze along with a dark presence has enveloped the entire region, which has made Pokémon and people act differently.
    However, the region is still trying to continue with its traditions and is about to start the annual tournament of the Pokémon league, where the aspirants have the opportunity to be champions and win the grand
    prize.
    We embody Lucas (customizable name and genre) the son of the Pokémon nursery managers in the small town of Jam in which circumstances will take him down a path he never imagined.

Accompany our protagonist in this fun and emotional story, full of irreverence and great secrets to
    discover.

Characteristics.
    • New Graphic Section; a new graphic section implemented in all aspects, I have adapted and designed the game based on the design of Mother 3 (the game at the moment uses almost all the Sprites of mother and the Sprites already known of the pokemon, however I continue to adapt and create new ones, as the development of the game progresses more original content will be added in the design and the sprites, with the aim of redesigning all the pokemon available in the game so that they are more congruent with the rest of the graphic aspect, as well as the animations of the attacks.

• A Reinvented History; A story divided into 3 main objectives with a development of characters, both of our protagonist, and of our companions, putting enough emphasis on the development of the main plot.
    • New features in the combat system; From Mother not only adapt the graphic section, but I have also adapted the system of combos of mother 3 in the attacks that attack more than once in the same tuno (Shuriken of water, Beating, Seed, Pedrada, Blow bis, Bone attack, etc.) I will consider implementing it with the rest of the attacks if they do not break the game.
    • Battles with legendaries; I have changed a little the form of the battles against the legendaries, see as an implementation similar to the raids or the boss fights of other RPGs, I have uploaded the characteristics of the Legendaries but only during the fights against them to get them, so the fights against them will be recommended to use 4 Pokémon to face them, which will be a 4:1 fight. so far it has worked well, but there is still a lot to polish, but it is a part that I found fun as well as the people with whom I have shared a very early version of the game.
    • double and triple bouts will be available.
    • I'm working on the PS(HP) rotary system; At the moment I'm just testing it, it doesn't work quite right, it works more badly than well, but if I manage to make it work it is something that I will add to the final version of the game, giving a new focus or extra focus to the combat system.
    • Mega-Evolutions available; the megabytes will be available, for the moment they will be programmed in a way as we all know them, but I am thinking of giving them a small twist, however as it will be linked to the main plot, I do not want to spoiler the main plot.
    • 10 Gym in total
    • new Sprite animations
    • all Pokémon up to gen 7
    ​Development.
    The development of the concept of the game takes 3 years, but I left the project and resumed it just 3 months ago, having people in my life who are helping me and encouraging me to continue with the work and I decided to take the development more earnest because I published a small recording of the combat screen on Reddit and it had very good reception, at the moment there is still a lot to fix, I still have many graphic errors, and programming errors, since I am not an expert in this and every day I am learning more, I decided to start the game from 0 since I did not fully understand at the time how to implement and completely change the graphics and interfaces, so it took me a long time to understand how everything worked, but that gave me more freedom when it came to adapting everything.
    I would greatly appreciate your opinions and contractionary observations, also if you are interested in my project I ask you to be patient since at the moment we are only two people and we are working on this in our free
    time. I would appreciate any kind of help or recommendation.
    ​I hope by December I have a fully functional beta so you can try it
    PD: Garchomp's name is misspelled because I was wrong during the programming of the Pokémon, it will be arranged for the final version or for the next time I show more, I'm so sorry.
    ​Scans.
    Pokemon Earth
    Pokemon Earth
    Pokemon Earth

Pokemon Earth
    Pokemon Earth
    Pokemon Earth

Pokemon Earth

Twitter: @PkmEarth
    Reddit: u/OriginalSyllabub2508

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love the Earthbound graphics mixed with pokemon assets. The battle system sounds really cool too. Best of luck with coding and such!

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2021
    I love the Earthbound graphics mixed with pokemon assets. The battle system sounds really cool too. Best of luck with coding and such!

Thank you very much, adapting the combat system has been a headache, but it is almost ready which was the most complicated

Years
  • To be quite honest I've never given mother 3 a try but this all looks very fascinating and I can't wait for the beta to come out!

Back