• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Ecru

Should I Keep With This Hack or Forget About it?

• Keep it, You could make it work

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No, sorry but you should try a different hack

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty2

New Hacker and Working Hard
Years
  • Okay, I'm a new hacker in this community and I'm not very good at scripting so if anyone wants to help me with that then you can just PM me or post on this thread. This is my first started hack and I'm planning on trying to finish this one. So please give me constructive criticism and some advice on what to do to make my maps, script, or anything else better.

Storyline
    You have moved to Mirico Town and wake up in your room full of unpacked boxes, ready to be a Pokemon Trainer. After you get your Pokemon from Prof. Oak, the sky turns dark and you try to start your journey. A gray Pokemon with a large pink tail stands in the middle of the town. Team Rocket stands behind the Pokemon as it attempts to destroy the whole town. This Pokemon can speak? No way.

As that problem is finished and is not the last, you meet some more friends in your journey including Brendan from the Hoenn Region who has become the first Gym Leader in the Rektor Region. Soon he will become your friend, not rival and will pop up in different spots asking about your Pokemon. Your typical rival is very competitive towards you. He plans on helping you with the Team Rocket situation as these crimes have gone on far enough.

Screenshots/Videos(Might Be Edited)
    Spoiler:

Maps (Might Be Edited)
    Spoiler:

Features
    Spoiler:

Userbars
    Credit to Sinta12 For This Wonderful UserBar.
    Pokemon Ecru

Pokemon Ecru

If you would like to support this hack, please put one of these Userbars in your signature

To Do List
    Alpha
    First Gym Leader

Alphas/Betas
    None yet.

Bugs/Glitches
    Will be said when the Alpha is released.

Team
    Ty2(ME)Mapping, Scripting, Storyline, Tile Inserting, etc.
    Sinta12: Userbar Creator

Last edited:

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
  • Hmmm, I also agree with crunch. I would like to see some new screenshots. Storyline seems decent, but your mapping needs working on. Something about those maps just don't appeal to me... but good luck with it.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Hint: You should give us some screens that show us what you HAVE changed and not what you HAVEN'T.
    Good luck with it!

That and making multiple doors right beside eachother was a bad idea, I think you should stick with one door. The player's default house's windows are messed up, you should look into that. Other then that the overworld edit can use some touching up on as well, everythingelse looks tiptop to me :)
    Good luck.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Some of the bulidings have tile errors
    e.g the pokemon center and the players house(if that is )

Ty2

Years
  • @Flandre & Chrunch & Tropical: Sorry if you guys took it the wrong way, but I meant not current as in might be edited, but I will change it to might be edited.

@558122_DG: I put two doors on the Pokemon Center because it would lead to a different room, but thank you for pointing it out. If I wasn't intending on making another room then I would've changed it right away. :D
    --------

I've changed these towns from what you all have told me that do not look good. Please tell if there are other errors.

MIRICO TOWN
    Spoiler:

-------

THE STARTER POKEMON PICTURES OF THE GAME
    Spoiler:

-------
    The third town will be up for review by tomorrow. Thanks for the pointers guys :D.

Last edited:

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
  • I like the storyline, preatty simple actually, but of the starters thing, I had the Idea that the starter you choose cant be found anywere else but larvitar, and bagon do (I think beldum too right?), for example, in fire red, if you choose charmander you wont find another one... somewhere. and for the hero OW sprite, I think he needs more shading. Anyway, good luck with this :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2013
    Make sure you change beldum's moveset, all he learns is take down.

Good luck with your hack!

Ty2

Years
  • @TheRichar: I'll make sure to get to that before I let the Alpha out. :D

@Sinta12:Thank you :D. And I'll let out an alpha before the beta. The Alpha will probably go to the third gym. I just need some scripters or I'll figure out the scripting stuff by myself. :D

@panthers4091: Thanks for reminding me. I forgot all about that. And thank you. :D
    -------

Here's the third town, PARONIE CITY!
    Spoiler:

Ty2

Years
  • @Alpha_Spike: I was thinking about that until I figured out Dratini only learns Wrap and it takes awhile for it to level up so I might change the evolution levels of them.

Ty2

Years
  • UPDATES!
    ------

Route 3 is now added!

Spoiler:

-----

Yes I know I skipped Route 2, but I will get to it, it is the next thing on my to do list.

Ty2

Years
  • I messed up the hero sprite in NSE and don't know how to get it back, also resulting in my hack being deleted from my desktop, I guess my parents probably cleaned out all the data from the computer while I was gone so it would go faster :\. I'll make a new hack since Ecru had much flaws to it in the first place. So don't give up hope in me yet guys! :)

Can a moderator please close this thread?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back