• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
    Ayee! So i just finished up my play-through, and i must say that i absolutely enjoyed myself. Most definitely a unique take on Emerald. I do have a few gripes with the hack though:

1. Maybe tone down the levels of the Ev yielding mons in the training centre? I found my team getting mad experience to the point where i swept through most of the game till the Elite 4

2. I took the team aqua route, and i kinda low-key wish there were more missions than just the story implemented ones.

3. I know there's a random music option, but I do wish it was split into two:. a) an option to randomise music in the overworld, b) an option to randomise music in battle.

1: You can use the EXP Drive obtained from the Devon Corporate line that will allow you to disable exp gain. You keep this item between new game +'s.
    2: There are alternate endings for Aqua based on how you answer archie and wether or not you get the necklace made after defeating maxie at Mt. Chimney.
    3: This is theoretically possible, but the options screen is quite difficult to work with. I'll consider it if more people ask about it in my feature requests channel (on discord.) Feel free to join the discord and hang out for a while, then post your request there, to see how many other players are interested in it.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
    Hey, so I have 5 badges, and i decided to use the genetics lab to get perfect Pokémon eggs in Lilycove city. Once I finished ev training my mons, I tried using the Waystone to fly to Forteee for my 6th badge, but it says something along the lines of how I have to finish an event and that it's temporarily disabled. I do not recall getting any prompt to do something story related. The last story related event I did was giving Shelly a necklace to try and woo her. Any idea on how I can reactivate the Waystone? Thank you!

If you are up to date with the latest version (at least version 7700, version 7702 is the latest) then open the Beta Menu by pressing Select on your Start Menu, and answering YES to open it, then use 'Check Waystone'. It will tell you why it's disabled and wether or not it should be disabled. Most likely when leaving the training center, you used speedup or some form of teleport, so it skipped the check that re-enables the waystone when you leave.

Once again, i'd like to suggest you join the discord, I do not check this forum post very often, as most of my attention is directed towards the Discord where i have over 2000 members already.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
    i'm having / I've had 2 weird glitches in-game,

1. no matter what i do, the sounds are really weird, like there's no melody, only like 8bit sounds or something. same thing with battle sounds, no cry or music, is this a glitch?

2. (this one is kinda weird but i discovered this) if you have a follower with you and assign another one to follow you, the first one will vanish, and if you tell them to leave, the first one completely disappears, (ex. i made dawn follow me and assigned the "cute girl" at the exit of littleroot town to follow me as well, which made dawn COMPLETELY disappear and is no longer at her house or following you)

i'm using the compatible version of mgba (i know the second glitch is optional but its still weird)

please fix this!

1: Usually if the sound is bad, that's because you don't have the sample rate for audio turned up high enough or you accidentally disabled the sound channels using shortcut keys or menus. Check these things.
    2: Generally a good idea to dismiss your follower for story events, although the one in oceanic museum is special and that's why it messed with your follower.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
    Is visual boy advance not one of the compatible emulators with this hack?

No, it isn't. The only emulator I support is mGBA. You can use that or a real nintendo device with a flash cart, other than that, it's hit and miss. The compatibility notes are clearly listed in the OP.

Glitchwood High

Gamefreak Apologist
    Years
    I think my only real problem with this hack is the name. It's not really important but 'Emerald Enhanced' is a very large disservice to the game; it makes it sound like it's nothing more than a more modern version of Pokemon Emerald. It's an absolutely great hack, I guess giving it a totally new name like 'Pokemon Jade' could work, since it makes it makes readers think of Emerald, but still know that it's something pretty much totally new.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    This isnt enhanced this is Emerald +++
    Give yourself some credit.
    this is looking amazing.
    Remember to take breakes and to not overwork yourself!

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
    I think my only real problem with this hack is the name. It's not really important but 'Emerald Enhanced' is a very large disservice to the game; it makes it sound like it's nothing more than a more modern version of Pokemon Emerald. It's an absolutely great hack, I guess giving it a totally new name like 'Pokemon Jade' could work, since it makes it makes readers think of Emerald, but still know that it's something pretty much totally new.

This isnt enhanced this is Emerald +++
    Give yourself some credit.
    this is looking amazing.
    Remember to take breakes and to not overwork yourself!

I appreciate the support. But the goal really is to create an enhanced version of emerald. Instead of avoiding feature creep, I embrace it. Emerald Enhanced is the only Themepark romhack available... to my knowledge.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    Hi, is the only way to patch the game on PC? I have tried a couple different suggestions for doing it on mobile, but none have worked. The main way was to put the bps in the same file as the original and name them the same, but this did not work.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
    How do i disable auto run?
    As of 7.9, there's an option in the options menu for it.

Hi, is the only way to patch the game on PC? I have tried a couple different suggestions for doing it on mobile, but none have worked. The main way was to put the bps in the same file as the original and name them the same, but this did not work.
    Most people use rompatcherjs or unipatcher. afaik, the same folder thing only works for ips patches, ips patches never worked well for EE, since our patch is a total conversion, not just a few differences.

What do i do to the nurses audino?
    I'll assume you meant how to GET audino. Heal 256 times and she'll approach you to give it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I saw the help wanted regarding a writer? Is that something that you still require? If so what are the requirements? Apart from the obvious passion and ability for writing?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    Hey I'm haveing problems with one of the quests by the game glitching out and I can't go to the next floor of the oceanic museum without it freezing me in place while other npcs are moving

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2021
    Hi so i was busy fighting roxane and one ofmy pokemon fainted when i switched in another mon probopasses sprite glitched out and when i threw the ball the pokemon was glicthed and keept moving up the screen if iut helps im using emulator js

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2021
    Hey so, i get that im a dirty cheater, but if I try to use an save file editing program like PKHex, the pokemon are not what they say they are, e.g a ralts is a torchic in the editor.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
    pkhex is incompatible with our save structure, you're lucky it loads at all. I can't help you. Besides, you can get a Fennekin in the game if you wanted.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2022
    I have a question, is there any gym leader level caps or something?? the version im playing rn is 8.104 and i need help thanks

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
    I have a question, is there any gym leader level caps or something?? the version im playing rn is 8.104 and i need help thanks

There are not soft caps, if that's what you're asking. The first time you play through the game enemies scale to the number of badges you have. The second time you play through the game, enemies are all scaled to your party's power level instead, assuring there's always a challenge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back