• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
Years
  • I got a firewall alert trying to download the Flips patcher to begin work pathcing this hack, or rather I got an alert saying that because the Flips patcher is seldom used that it may be dangerous to even download. You might wanna take a look at that.

That's because it's an old program that 'just works'. It's what i use to create the patch, but you are by no means required to use it. It's just there as an option. Any reasonably designed binary patcher with bps support will work.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    BTW I forgot to mention this the other day but I believe based on performance that Visual Boy Advance appears to be fully compatible. I experienced no issues in gameplay.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2022
    my game seem to not be able to save via in game saving. is this something you are aware about and know what the problem is, or first time hearing of this?

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • my game seem to not be able to save via in game saving. is this something you are aware about and know what the problem is, or first time hearing of this?

This has been a recent issue which we've only been able to trace back as far as save states. Generally speaking save states are damaging to save file which also use RTC features. If you're one of the unlucky few that get this issue, then the best bet is to continue using save states until you get to the elite four and champion, defeat them, and let the Hall of Fame save do it's thing. That generally corrects the issue. We addressed this in a very recent version, as of v9.252, this issue should go away, but if you already have it, the damage is already done, and you have to follow the above instructions I just listed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2022
    thanks for the response. i hope the elite four save fixes it, because the game does seem pretty interesting.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    I was at my second travel with nurse joy

I dismissed her, because I need to enter in the water, to do the electric gym leader quest, that I got in the same time and city

Now her quest seems to be going on, but I cant finish it, I cant make her follow anymore, and even if I go to the location she chooses it doest complete

I tried to reset follower, and daily quests but didn't work either( didn't wait one day though)

Do you know how to fix this?

Days
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Just wanted to stop by and say I appreciate your work, I've been playing for a few years with my glass cannon build of a team, and I can say that I am fully satisfied with the game. And on top of all the good content, there is still more being added. BUT I found a glitch. It's when you go to the place where regice is, if you use the dexnav then it'll glitch. So I tried catching me a glitch pokemon and my game crashed.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • Just wanted to stop by and say I appreciate your work, I've been playing for a few years with my glass cannon build of a team, and I can say that I am fully satisfied with the game. And on top of all the good content, there is still more being added. BUT I found a glitch. It's when you go to the place where regice is, if you use the dexnav then it'll glitch. So I tried catching me a glitch pokemon and my game crashed.

Thanks for your support. Hopefully you will continue to enjoy the game!

The dexnav doesn't work in places where there's no standard wild encounters, I disabled it in these locations relatively recently.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello! I am a loyal fan of EE, this game is fantastic. May I translate it into Chinese? There are many people here who love it.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
    Years
  • Hello! I am a loyal fan of EE, this game is fantastic. May I translate it into Chinese? There are many people here who love it.

I doubt that you would 'not' do it if I didn't give my permission, but that's besides the point, you may translate it if you wish, but know that as I cannot speak or read Chinese, I will not be able to provide code or information support any Chinese developer/translator that works on this. I don't even know if the game will actually support a Chinese character set, as I am using a custom one that isn't originally from RSE, therefore, Chinese characters may not actually fit.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I doubt that you would 'not' do it if I didn't give my permission, but that's besides the point, you may translate it if you wish, but know that as I cannot speak or read Chinese, I will not be able to provide code or information support any Chinese developer/translator that works on this. I don't even know if the game will actually support a Chinese character set, as I am using a custom one that isn't originally from RSE, therefore, Chinese characters may not actually fit.

Thank you! We have friends with Chinese character set technology, so there's no need to worry. The translation work will be done by me alone, and the completion time will be relatively long. If you don't mind, I will update your game version in Chinese once a month. To be honest, I have already translated the v9308 version into Chinese. Recently, this game has been highly discussed in China and is very popular among players.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back