• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2019
    Hello, I'm having troubles with emulating the hack rom. Can you give me some instuctions about how to install this? I've download the .zip file, and it doesn't includes any rom that the VisualBoy can read. Also... I don't understand what I have to do with the IPS files.

Sorry if I'm making stupid questions, I'm new on this things, and I need help. :(

PD: English is not my native language, so sorry if there's things that I don't say well.

Years
  • Hello, I'm having troubles with emulating the hack rom. Can you give me some instuctions about how to install this? I've download the .zip file, and it doesn't includes any rom that the VisualBoy can read. Also... I don't understand what I have to do with the IPS files.

Sorry if I'm making stupid questions, I'm new on this things, and I need help. :(

PD: English is not my native language, so sorry if there's things that I don't say well.

If you look at the post right before yours, I've already explained how to patch the IPS files. If you are still having trouble, feel free to send me a message

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    hey there, i have the newest version (7.35) with no pss and there still seems to be the issue with evolving kadabra at level 40. i saw that it was an issue before and don't know if you were unable to fix it or it appeared again, etc.

Years
  • hey there, i have the newest version (7.35) with no pss and there still seems to be the issue with evolving kadabra at level 40. i saw that it was an issue before and don't know if you were unable to fix it or it appeared again, etc.

Yep, I realized that yesterday, I forgot that the utility I use to remove the PSS messes with that, will fix in the next version (which will be soon) and make a note for future versions. My bad!

EDIT: for now, I made a small patch that will fix the evolutions until I can get the next full update out, once again sorry about that!!!
    Trade Evolution Fix Patch

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    Hey how's it going man! Been playing the game for a while now. Managed to apply the level recurver patch over and it's been ruthless so far. I have a quick question. I've been hitting the safari zone for a while trying to get the Lucky Egg, but i haven't been very lucky.

Are the wild pokemon held items still in the new Pokémon you added? I don't know if i'm just being unlucky with Chansey's 5% of a Lucky Egg or if they just don't have them at all.

Edit: I also found Castform is named "Castfrom" both in name and in the Pokédex

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    still a bit of a noob... how do i go about applying this patch? is it possible to keep my current save with this or do i start all over? thank you for answering and having time to explain things! lol

Years
  • Hey how's it going man! Been playing the game for a while now. Managed to apply the level recurver patch over and it's been ruthless so far. I have a quick question. I've been hitting the safari zone for a while trying to get the Lucky Egg, but i haven't been very lucky.

Are the wild pokemon held items still in the new Pokémon you added? I don't know if i'm just being unlucky with Chansey's 5% of a Lucky Egg or if they just don't have them at all.

Edit: I also found Castform is named "Castfrom" both in name and in the Pokédex

They should all still be at 5% unless the level recurver messed with it. Thanks for the heads up on Castform!

still a bit of a noob... how do i go about applying this patch? is it possible to keep my current save with this or do i start all over? thank you for answering and having time to explain things! lol

Patch works the same as any other, open up Lunar IPS and apply it to the ROM, won't mess with your save file!

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I've been playing this on my modded 2DS and it's been stuck on the night background not transitioning to the other ones.

Years
  • I've been playing this on my modded 2DS and it's been stuck on the night background not transitioning to the other ones.

I'm afraid I don't know much of anything about playing ROM hacks on actual Nintendo hardware, if the Day/Night cycle is not working properly on it, I would suggest you change to the non-Day/Night cycle version. However, the nighttime lasts until 4am system time so maybe it was just not being given enough time to change? Or maybe there's some setting that needs to be changed, when using VBA to play it on PC I know the Real-Time Clock setting needs to be turned on so if there's something akin to that on your 2DS try that, apologies for not knowing more about the hardware!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Someone's probably already asked this, so I apologize in advance if that's the case, but any plans to make the Exp. Share function the way it does in X/Y and Sun/Moon? I'm guessing it's possible but dunno. Just curious 'cuz I like that change to it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Also, I think there is something odd going on with Sandshrews. I've gotten a lot of Exp from them, moreso than I think I'm supposed to. I just fought a Camper on Route 111 with a level 18 Sandshrew, and it gave me 982 Exp.
    EDIT: Same thing with Trapinch. Just fought a trainer on Route 113 with a lv. 19 Trapinch and it gave 1038 Exp.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2019
    Anyone else struggling to find bulbasaur? It says its found in petalburg woods but have been searching for hours to no success (same with the other starters), am I missing something?

Years
  • Anyone else struggling to find bulbasaur? It says its found in petalburg woods but have been searching for hours to no success (same with the other starters), am I missing something?

It's just a 1% chance encounter, I think I'm going to make the option to bump all 1% encounters to 5% in the next patch seeing how frequently people are getting unlucky!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    OK, something really weird is going on with my game. First the Sandshrews/Trapinchs giving me increased Exp., and now I'm in Lavaridge Gym and just encountered a Bug Maniac trainer with Bug Pokemon over level 30. Help @dearman4 lol

EDIT: It was "Bug Maniac Jeffrey" specifically who is a trainer you fight on Route 120. His team was all level 38 which is apparently the team you fight when you're fighting him on the 4th rematch. Not sure why I'm seeing him in Lavaridge Gym haha.

Last edited:
    Years
  • OK, something really weird is going on with my game. First the Sandshrews/Trapinchs giving me increased Exp., and now I'm in Lavaridge Gym and just encountered a Bug Maniac trainer with Bug Pokemon over level 30. Help @dearman4 lol

EDIT: It was "Bug Maniac Jeffrey" specifically who is a trainer you fight on Route 120. His team was all level 38 which is apparently the team you fight when you're fighting him on the 4th rematch. Not sure why I'm seeing him in Lavaridge Gym haha.

Yep those are a couple of bugs, thanks for the heads up!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Np. Happy to help. Don't think I've encountered anything else out of the ordinary thus far otherwise.

Also, did you see my other post about the Exp. Share, dearman4?

Years
  • Np. Happy to help. Don't think I've encountered anything else out of the ordinary thus far otherwise.

Also, did you see my other post about the Exp. Share, dearman4?

I might have but I don't recall, I was thinking of having the president guy give it to you when he gives you the letter with the next version though

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Ah okay. That'd be cool. I read that you want to keep this mostly a vanilla Emerald with some "Quality of Life" updates, so I wasn't sure what you thought of the change to the Exp. Share. I personally like it like I said.

Years
  • Another update today, mostly bugfixing. I honestly forgot who brought these bugs up to me, message me and I'll credit you in this post!

Bugs fixed:
    Obtain both Frustration and Return TMs in Pacifidlog at the same time. Bug was causing the time between availability to be extremely long.
    IV Perfector/Hyper Trainer now won't allow you to underpay for the service.
    Sandshrew and Trapinch's base EXP has now been corrected.
    Trade evo's fixed (hopefully for good this time 😅)
    Added turn-around script to southern Ever Grande Pokecenter
    Fixed typo with Castform
    Fixed trainer in Flannery's gym, now no longer overpowered bug catcher (seriously no idea how that happened)

Now for actual additions/changes:
    Made the EXP Share much less of a hassle to obtain, now the Letter you deliver to Steven will include the EXP Share so you'll no longer need to backtrack for it (that reaaally bothered me to go back and forth like that)
    Changed the included patches, now there is one main patch for Emerald Final, which includes the PSS and the Day-Night Cycle. There are optional patches to remove/re-add these features
    Added two new optional patches, one updates the Overworld Poison system to be like later gens, so now once your poisoned pokemon hits 1 HP the poison fades and they survive. This is something a few people have requested but it is not enabled by default!
    The second new optional patch is to update the Rough Skin Ability to work like later gens, so now physical contact causes damage equal to 1/8 total HP rather than the vanilla 1/16. This feature is also NOT enabled by default and must be patched. Both of these can be added then removed as I have included patches to do both.

All optional patches have their own READMEs, mostly they all say the same thing but they make note of the likeliness of their compatibility with other Emerald ROMs, if you wish to have certain features on their own or added to other hacks.

As always, suggestions and feedback is always appreciated! Feel free to post here or message me directly if you like.

EDIT: After noticing a few people expressing interest in Moemon, I have also made an option patch for it: Moemon Emerald Final

EDIT 2: Some of the sprites didn't save after I aligned them in the previous Moemon patch, here's an update: Moemon Emerald Final v2

Last edited:
    Back