• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2020
    1. Well, the way I see it, there should be an option for people who want to use the same Pokémon in and outside of the BF. Didn't the regular BF in Emerald set your Pokémon's level to 50 while you were battling, then change it back when you were done?

2. I don't know what you mean by "static legendaries." Could I get a list of all the static and non-static legendaries, please?

Years
  • 1. Well, the way I see it, there should be an option for people who want to use the same Pokémon in and outside of the BF. Didn't the regular BF in Emerald set your Pokémon's level to 50 while you were battling, then change it back when you were done?

2. I don't know what you mean by "static legendaries." Could I get a list of all the static and non-static legendaries, please?

No, only in gen IV and beyond did they set your Pokemon's level to 50 or 100 during the Battle Tower fights that's why I had to make a feature for it...

Static legendaries are the encounters like the Regis and Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza where they are sitting in the world and you battle them by interacting with them.
    The current static encounters are just vanilla only:
    Mew - Faraway Island
    Ho-Oh/Lugia - Naval Rock
    Latios/Latias - One roams, one at Southern Island
    Regirock - Route 111
    Registeel - Route 120
    Regice - Route 105
    Kyogre - Marine Cave
    Groudon - Terra Cave
    Rayquaza - Sky Pillar
    Deoxys - Birth Island

Planned static encounter locations not implemented yet:
    Suicune - Route 134 NW island
    Raikou - Route 119 above first waterfall by leaf stone
    Entei - Firey Path

Articuno - Shoal Cave Ice Room
    Zapdos - New Mauville
    Moltres - Scorched Slab

Mewtwo - Cave of Origin
    Celebi - Mirage Island
    Jirachi - Artisan Cave

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2020
    I tried patching the ROM file and it says it's successful, however when I try to open the file in VBA (which is recommended) I get a white screen and nothing plays. No image or sound, nothing. I tried downloading a different ROM file to see if that makes a difference but the same thing happens. Any ideas? I really want to play this as Emerald is my favourite Pokemon game of all time.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    Anyone have a Lunar IPS patch specifically and exclusively for removing need to teach HMs?? I love how HMs work in this hack, but the HM modifications are part of the core patch, and aren't in the "Optional Patches". Honestly, that HM removal is really all I'm looking for!
    Can anyone help with that? Please and thank you!

Years
  • I tried patching the ROM file and it says it's successful, however when I try to open the file in VBA (which is recommended) I get a white screen and nothing plays. No image or sound, nothing. I tried downloading a different ROM file to see if that makes a difference but the same thing happens. Any ideas? I really want to play this as Emerald is my favourite Pokemon game of all time.

Are you using the recommended settings as listed in the README? Did you extract the ROM? Other than those two idk what would cause that kind of issue

Years
  • Anyone have a Lunar IPS patch specifically and exclusively for removing need to teach HMs?? I love how HMs work in this hack, but the HM modifications are part of the core patch, and aren't in the "Optional Patches". Honestly, that HM removal is really all I'm looking for!
    Can anyone help with that? Please and thank you!

This will work for all but flash and fly, dialog unchanged so it should be compatible with other Emerald hacks!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvc6wodaxyoohr8/Emerald%20-%20HMs%20without%20teaching.ips?dl=0

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    i haven't used this account in forever but just had to log in and say how great this is. always loved the emerald game the most and playing this version with mostly just quality of life changes and the ability to catch everything is extremely satisfying to me, so thank you very much for this wonderful hack :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I finally beat it!

95S4MVe.png

In hindsight, I probably would not use the Exp Patch again. Some of those Mons were never used and still ended the game at level 60.
    I am a bit burned out on Hoenn, so I didn't go out of my way to grab some TMs (Ice Beam and Thunderbolt would have been nice, but too lazy) or catch any legis.

One of the features I loved most was just having both bikes at the same time. That, and the fact that you can just skip all the dialogue at the start. Honestly just spamming B and suddenly all the dialogue was over made me smile :D

Years
  • I finally beat it!

95S4MVe.png

In hindsight, I probably would not use the Exp Patch again. Some of those Mons were never used and still ended the game at level 60.
    I am a bit burned out on Hoenn, so I didn't go out of my way to grab some TMs (Ice Beam and Thunderbolt would have been nice, but too lazy) or catch any legis.

One of the features I loved most was just having both bikes at the same time. That, and the fact that you can just skip all the dialogue at the start. Honestly just spamming B and suddenly all the dialogue was over made me smile :D

The exp share is overpowered as hell currently. I'm trying to figure out a way to control the exp gain with a flag but it's not going well.
    I think I'm going to bring back TM merchants, have them sell the ones that you have to find once they become available badge-wise, because currently it's almost like a chore going to the sunken ship. Though I'm planning on completely revamping the wilds so that it's not just the same pokemon on every route, I want to make it seem like natural habitats rather than just water=tentacool.

I think you're the first one to comment about the bikes or the B spamming lol and those are little things that I wanted a lot so thanks for noticing! I think I'm going to have Rydel give you the first one then sell you the other in like a test-drive at an auto dealership type fashion, would make more sense and immersion is a big thing for me.

I saw you have Ludicolo on your team, I'm glad I went through and fixed the movepools so people will actually use pokemon like that, tbh Ludicolo is one of my favorites!

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Can u please put The battle frontier nature trader and ability trader as optional. Also The LV 50 instant. The thing is, i have a daughter and she sometimes Just spam "a" in npcs, it bugs The game a lot.. Change everything. I want something more vanilla.. Dont get me wrong.. Its Just a suggestion.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2021
    Hi! made an account for this
    Love the hack, but I'm having an issue with it (or me being dumb idk), but I can't find the evolution stones or event items in Lilycove department store. I tried to follow your screenshot of it, which, I'm guessing, is the girl on the right on the 3rd floor (was gonna post a screenshot of it, but i need to post 5 times first :p). Both of them sell the same items (Protein, Calcium etc). Is there a prerequisite to get them? I've caught about half the dex and just fought Steven in Meteor Falls, is there something I need to do or am I in the wrong spot? Haha

I really like what you've done so far, will surely stick around for future updates!

EDIT: gotta brag a bit, around the second gym I caught a makuhita with pokerus, I've never had it before, didn't even know what it was, had to look it up lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    Greetings!
    I would like to thank you for taking the time to set this up :D
    There's a lot of quality of life features in this that'd be really nice to have, haha.

I have one quick question, and I'm allready guessing the answer is "No", but just in case: Will this work if I try to patch a non-english version of the game as well?
    I've dumped all my Pokémon GBA games so I could play through them a second time, but since I'm from Germany they're all German haha. I often see patches refearing to a specific version of the games, but sometimes multible cases are supported and I really have no idea how the GBA games handle that sort of thing for the most part haha.

Hope you have a great day!

Years
  • Hi! made an account for this
    Love the hack, but I'm having an issue with it (or me being dumb idk), but I can't find the evolution stones or event items in Lilycove department store. I tried to follow your screenshot of it, which, I'm guessing, is the girl on the right on the 3rd floor (was gonna post a screenshot of it, but i need to post 5 times first :p). Both of them sell the same items (Protein, Calcium etc). Is there a prerequisite to get them? I've caught about half the dex and just fought Steven in Meteor Falls, is there something I need to do or am I in the wrong spot? Haha

I really like what you've done so far, will surely stick around for future updates!

EDIT: gotta brag a bit, around the second gym I caught a makuhita with pokerus, I've never had it before, didn't even know what it was, had to look it up lol

Glad you're enjoying it! I've never heard of that issue before, did you use a pre patched version from elsewhere? There are no special requirements for that merchant to sell the items so I don't know why she isn't selling them.

Greetings!
    I would like to thank you for taking the time to set this up :D
    There's a lot of quality of life features in this that'd be really nice to have, haha.

I have one quick question, and I'm allready guessing the answer is "No", but just in case: Will this work if I try to patch a non-english version of the game as well?
    I've dumped all my Pokémon GBA games so I could play through them a second time, but since I'm from Germany they're all German haha. I often see patches refearing to a specific version of the games, but sometimes multible cases are supported and I really have no idea how the GBA games handle that sort of thing for the most part haha.

Hope you have a great day!

I honestly don't know, you can give it a try but any of the custom text I have added will be in English

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2021
    Glad you're enjoying it! I've never heard of that issue before, did you use a pre patched version from elsewhere? There are no special requirements for that merchant to sell the items so I don't know why she isn't selling them.
    Nah I downloaded it from here on the current patch (7.38) a few days ago.
    I also just now made a fresh patch of the hack to see if any of the optional patches made it not sell the items, but I saw no difference. Maybe it's my savefile that causes it?
    But as I said before, other than that I'm enjoying it wholly!

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Does the gen 5 or 6 moves patch also affect Hidden Power? Like for example, I want to breed an HP rock Treecko, will that be specially based because of the gen 5/6 patch?

Years
  • Does the gen 5 or 6 moves patch also affect Hidden Power? Like for example, I want to breed an HP rock Treecko, will that be specially based because of the gen 5/6 patch?

Hidden Power is a special attack because of the Physical/Special Split, so you don't need to use one of the move stats updates

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Hidden Power is a special attack because of the Physical/Special Split, so you don't need to use one of the move stats updates

Oh wait. my bad, I forgot to mention that I used the No PSS patch with the Gen 5 move patch(using it for better bp on some weaker moves pre-gen5 like hi jump kick). Will it still be special with that in consideration?
    I recently just found out about this hack and so far I'm enjoying it to the point that I am losing sleep because of playing so much lol.
    Thanks and keep up the good work man!

Back