• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    Fair enough, I've never been one to use recharge moves personally. Capturing Raquaza might be a bit of a challenge if unprepared for a recoil KO but I used my Gardevoir to 'special wall' them out of energy for that move before going for that catch.

As for the safari zone, I've been using the acro bike exactly as you've mentioned. I think I've cleared all of the originally available Pokemon there, as well as all of the starters (thank you for including those there!), I'll pop by after E4 to see what else I've missed

Cheers

Your should share your Elite Four team in our Discord server, we offer special roles for getting the different trainer cards 😁

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Hah, I appreciate that, but I'm really not keen on Discord.

Besides, my E4 team will just be the Pokemon I found on the first few routes of the game lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Should it be possible to encounter Magby on Mirage island along with the other 'baby pokemon'?

I've scoured through and so far have been able to find Elekid, Smoochum, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Togepi, Pichu, Azuril, Wynaut, but I can't seem to spot a Magby there.

Couple story related quirks, post E4 + Steven:
    • I'm unable to get the aurora ticket from the scientist at the space center. Their dialogue suggests that the ticket has already been given out but it hasn't
    • Mewtwo isn't present in the Cave of Origin

Last edited:
    Years
    Should it be possible to encounter Magby on Mirage island along with the other 'baby pokemon'?

I've scoured through and so far have been able to find Elekid, Smoochum, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Togepi, Pichu, Azuril, Wynaut, but I can't seem to spot a Magby there.

Couple story related quirks, post E4 + Steven:
    • I'm unable to get the aurora ticket from the scientist at the space center. Their dialogue suggests that the ticket has already been given out but it hasn't
    • Mewtwo isn't present in the Cave of Origin

Shoot sorry about that, I'm going to have that fixed in the next version. For now use this patch
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhvkhsun7an1fbe/event_fix-1.ips?dl=0

Attachments

• Event_Fix-1.ips
      26 bytes · Views: 2
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    No worries at all - I can't imagine how much work this all must amount to. Thank you so much for the quick fix. I'll give this a shot after work and will let you know.

E: had a quick check now - aurora ticket is now available, thank you! I'm wondering if the Mewtwo encounter is conditional in some way (which would be super neat).

I had a random curiosity. When you modify the encounter tables to accommodate the extra Pokemon, are those changes automatically reflected in the Pokedex, or does that need to be addressed separately? I would have thought this information would be pulled dynamically since gen2 introduced roaming legendaries but I've no idea.

Last edited:
    Years
    No worries at all - I can't imagine how much work this all must amount to. Thank you so much for the quick fix. I'll give this a shot after work and will let you know.

E: had a quick check now - aurora ticket is now available, thank you! I'm wondering if the Mewtwo encounter is conditional in some way (which would be super neat).

I had a random curiosity. When you modify the encounter tables to accommodate the extra Pokemon, are those changes automatically reflected in the Pokedex, or does that need to be addressed separately? I would have thought this information would be pulled dynamically since gen2 introduced roaming legendaries but I've no idea.

I mean yeah it's a fair bit of work but nothing extreme lol

No, Mewtwo is only dependent on beating the Elite Four. I am going to add a conditional event in the next version though (but it's a secret :P )

Yes the dex locations are pulled dynamically so when changing encounters, you only have to change the pokemon on the route and the game does the rest.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    Would be nice to get "HM without learning" modification as separate patch.

Would it then work with fire red?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Possible, have you used any cheats? Those can have unpredictable effects. Here I made a patch to switch the Mewtwo flag again for you

Thank you so much!

No cheats on my end; I don't even think they're supported by the emulator I'm using.

I'm kind of curious if some scripting went awry based on how I approached certain story events, though honestly I've no understanding of how any of this works.

I'll patch this fix in and will let you know.

E1: Yep, that patch worked perfectly, thank you!

E2: Pokedex complete 😄. Latios was such a pain but we got there in the end. Still have my master ball too. Time to build teams for the Battle Frontier.

E3: Damn egg moves 😤

Last edited:
    Years
    Thank you so much!

No cheats on my end; I don't even think they're supported by the emulator I'm using.

I'm kind of curious if some scripting went awry based on how I approached certain story events, though honestly I've no understanding of how any of this works.

I'll patch this fix in and will let you know.

E1: Yep, that patch worked perfectly, thank you!

E2: Pokedex complete 😄. Latios was such a pain but we got there in the end. Still have my master ball too. Time to build teams for the Battle Frontier.

E3: Damn egg moves 😤

I'm actually adding in tutors for all the egg moves in the next version <3
    As well as tutors for the TMs from gen 1, 2, and 4 plus the actual gen 4 tutors

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I'm actually adding in tutors for all the egg moves in the next version <3
    As well as tutors for the TMs from gen 1, 2, and 4 plus the actual gen 4 tutors

Wow incredible. Looking forward to it!

Years
    Hello!

I just want to thank you for coming up with this enhanced base rom, making it an enjoyable experience for anyone playing or working on it.

Though, I have a few questions of my mine. First of all, is there an item patch? Right now, berries like Sitrus Berry will only heal 30 HP rather than 25% of a user's HP. The same also applies to pinch berries like Wiki Berry where much less HP is recovered. Since Emerald heavily features Doubles, updating items would be a nice way to turn this rom into an even more fun experience, especially in the Battle Zone. Updated items could also include stuff like Mystic Water (that boost Water moves by 20% rather than by 10%), which would make it easier to put an item on a Pokémon for battles in the Battle Zone. Furthermore, abilities like Gluttony would appreciate berries that are updated.

Secondly, I noticed you've included Pixilate in a patch, and the ability works as intended. Does that mean the Fairy type is already included somewhere and I just need to choose the correct number in the Pokémon type field in the Hex editor? (Like, every Pokémon has a number that represents a type in the Hex Editor.)

Third, is there any way for me to edit, for instance, moves? Say, in terms of power, type, accuracy, etc? I ask because in the Hex Editor, I can't seem to find it; only thing I found are aspects related to the contest.

Years
    Hello!

I just want to thank you for coming up with this enhanced base rom, making it an enjoyable experience for anyone playing or working on it.

Though, I have a few questions of my mine. First of all, is there an item patch? Right now, berries like Sitrus Berry will only heal 30 HP rather than 25% of a user's HP. The same also applies to pinch berries like Wiki Berry where much less HP is recovered. Since Emerald heavily features Doubles, updating items would be a nice way to turn this rom into an even more fun experience, especially in the Battle Zone. Updated items could also include stuff like Mystic Water (that boost Water moves by 20% rather than by 10%), which would make it easier to put an item on a Pokémon for battles in the Battle Zone. Furthermore, abilities like Gluttony would appreciate berries that are updated.

Secondly, I noticed you've included Pixilate in a patch, and the ability works as intended. Does that mean the Fairy type is already included somewhere and I just need to choose the correct number in the Pokémon type field in the Hex editor? (Like, every Pokémon has a number that represents a type in the Hex Editor.)

Third, is there any way for me to edit, for instance, moves? Say, in terms of power, type, accuracy, etc? I ask because in the Hex Editor, I can't seem to find it; only thing I found are aspects related to the contest.

No the items are unchanged, don't know how to change stuff like that tbh. Would if I did

I did not include pixelate, I used a resource called the Battle Engine Upgrade by Dizzyegg to add in newer gen mechanics and abilities, so yes the ability and fairy type are present in the code, I did not include them actually in game.

As for editing Final, I have included an Editing Kit at the bottom of the original post with custom configuration files for PGE that you can use

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Welcome to Pokemon Emerald Final, this started out as something for personal use, but I continue to improve it. The goal of this ROM hack is to make the ultimate enhanced vanilla Emerald

Discord: https://discord.gg/kGAvnS7nNM
    Current Version: 7.4

There is currently a bug that causes pokemon in boxes to become BAD EGGS, looking into it!

How to patch IPS files/Play the game
    Spoiler:

CIA Injection Instructions:
    Spoiler:

Frequently asked questions
    Spoiler:

About this Version:
    This version has been a long time in the works and I am thrilled to finally have it ready to release! v7.4 now has two variants to it, Deluxe and Legacy. Deluxe uses the Battle Engine Upgrade v1 by DizzyEgg which includes newer generation mechanics, moves, abilities and such, whereas Legacy does not. I decided to split Final like this so that the Legacy Variant will have 100% vanilla compatibility like previous versions. Deluxe also includes gen four evolutions like Leafeon and Froslass, Legacy and Deluxe are otherwise the same in terms of gameplay besides a few differences in the available optional patches.
    NOTE: Only use the optional patches for the variant you opted to use! They are not mutually compatible.

About Compatibility:
    As always, Emerald Final is compatible with Vanilla saves, however the Deluxe Variant's saves cannot be imported back into Legacy or a Vanilla ROM unless all new generation moves are deleted. This also means Vanilla link compatibility exists so long as no new moves are involved in the trade / battle.
    Saves will transfer between both versions of Deluxe no problem, and from legacy or vanilla into Deluxe.

New This Version:
    • Wild encounters balances
    • Legendary encounters
    • Wild Hold Items updated
    • Changed Trade while holding item Evos to Levelup while holding item for lore reasons (OPTIONAL, on by default)
    • PP Ups for sale at Vitamin merchants
    • All Vitamins (Protien, Carbos, etc) now give 63 EVs each and can go up to 252 (four total to reach 252)
    • All Secret Base items purchaseable after E4
    • Six IV Perfectors instead of one (Steven must be beaten) also with option for IV 30 for Hidden Power and 0 in Speed for Gyro Ball type setups
    • EV Resetter in Frontier (BP Shop building) and Slateport Effort Ribbon giver
    • Happiness Maxer in Frontier (BP Shop building)
    • Pokemon Gender Switcher in Slateport (Pokemon Fan Club)
    • Auto Levelers in Gyms and Frontier (level 100 available after beating Steven, Petalburg NPC now always present)
    • Smeargle now breeds like Ditto for Egg Move passing
    • XD Only moves added to learnsets (example: Baton Pass on Spearow)
    • DNS Updated to work on more emulators/hardware
    • Added guaranteed evolution options for Wumple, Moon Stone to Cascoon, Sun Stone to Silcoon.
    • Added easier option for evolution to Feebas (Water Stone)
    • Beginner's kit in Littleroot, activate the lone sign below May's house, Cycling Road blocked until entering Mauville to avoid sequence breaking
    • Added stairs to allow quick access to Lavaridge, blocked until Mt Chimney event is finished
    • Expanded starter choice - Same type starters from Johto + Kanto, plus Pikachu and Eevee because of the Anime / Let's Go, as well as Ditto and Smeargle as a nod to Youtuber Pikasprey
    • Pokemon Box only moves available after talking to Lanette in her house (gamecube in player house, put appropriate pokemon in front)
    • Pickup Table changes, including Heart Scales
    • Game Corner now sells Porygon for 6,000 coins
    • Devon Corp front desk sells Up-Grades for Porygon evolution after obtaining the Coin Case
    • Lavaridge Medicine shop has incenses (I hate one off items)
    • Devon Scope can be used to view EV/IVs
    • Fallarbor Shop no longer sells Heart Scales
    • Move Relearners in second floor of Pokecenters, charges $1,000 per use
    • Frontier Tutors in old Move Relearner's house in Fallarbor, take payment in Heart Scales
    • Hoenn fossil pokemon purchaseable after reviving both fossils (mostly just for realism, how do others get Armaldo?)
    • Can skip Wally catching tutorial and Pokenav match call with Mr Stone
    • Unwanted eggs can be deleted in Verdanturf rather than having to hatch them
    • Harbor mail in Trick House instead of Orange Mail (to trade for the Coin Case, some forget to buy one in Slateport)
    • XD Tutors added: Nightmare in Rustboro Trainer School, Selfdestruct in Jagged Pass, Refresh in Lavaridge, Sky Attack in Fortree, and Heal Bell on Mt Pyre Summit

Features included:
    Spoiler:

Optional Features Enabled by Default:
    Physical/Special Split with icons (thanks to DoesntKnowHowToPlay)
    Visual day/night cycle for the overworld (thanks to prime-dialga)
    Game fully de-capitalized [thanks to Le pug]

Optional Features Disabled by Default:
    Kanto or Johto starters
    Updating move stats (accuracy, power, pp) to either 5th or 6th gen
    Update to Rough Skin
    Later gen style overworld poison (survive at 1 hp when walking)
    Moemon Sprites
    Lucky Egg experience modifier upped to 2.5x
    Gen VI Exp System
    Remove darkness from caves so Flash becomes irrelevant
    Disabled Bike Music
    Alternate choices for the Free Egg in Lavaridge (Togepi, Tyrogue)

Planned Features:
    Spoiler:

Programs used:
    Spoiler:

Here's the link for the latest version in RAR format:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/zp92zor6w9yvzzs/Emerald_Final_v7.4.rar

Here's the link for the latest version in ZIP format:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/4unkzku6hmxwvux/Emerald_Final_v7.4.zip

Also a Dropbox link for those having problems with the archives:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j4g7wcojs21gtsl/AACHXbvJ_QT_jZ8qgIJObLNja?dl=0

And finally a Google Drive link if all else faile:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19cf7qw_ctpFx2ka12UFJvOyRgy7lCeTM?usp=sharing

ROM Hacks that have used Emerald Final as a base:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Day/Night Cycle:
    Spoiler:
    Fully evolved trade evolutions:Stats Color Coded by NaturePokeblock Case given out by Safari Zone clerk
    Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)
    Mirage Island:Frontier Services:Pokemon Gender Switcher:
    Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

EV Training Cave:New Pickup Table:Stairs to Lavaridge (Post Mt Chimney):

New Tutors:
    Spoiler:

Legendary Locations:
    Spoiler:

Event Item Locations:
    Spoiler:

Editing Kit:
    Spoiler:

Special thanks:
    megatyler30#6446
    Zeo#4959
    Akiak#4655
    jwoy#5378
    philenarion#0933

And all the others who have helped me! (Please tell me in a private message if I forgot your name!)

Are the patches compatible with Universal Randomizer? Thanks for this awesome version!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Hello again! Thank you for the response. I tried using the Gen 6 Exp. Share patch with the Universal Randomizer but after battles I can't gain any Exp..Also,(I'm not sure if its because of the Moveset patch) when I started a New Game my starter and the Zigzagoon doesn't have any moves thus only uses Struggle. Maybe I should try experimenting on all the Legacy patches. Thank you for your hard work!

Back