• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    The Day-Night Cycle is not functioning with the Deluxe patches, whereas they do with the Legacy ones. I was testing the patches last night, right as I posted my last comment. And with the Deluxe patches the "proper" night time lighting was not showing whereas with the Legacy ones the game was actually showing the correct lighting.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Ditto, the day/night cycle isn't working in the 7.4.1. deluxe patches for me. There's no changed lighting, either in battle or outside of it.

This is a really good and solid hack. Have you considered incorporating the National Dex into the trainer battles? I feel like something's missing when you can find plenty of Pokémon that no trainers in the game are using.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ditto, the day/night cycle isn't working in the 7.4.1. deluxe patches for me. There's no changed lighting, either in battle or outside of it.

This is a really good and solid hack. Have you considered incorporating the National Dex into the trainer battles? I feel like something's missing when you can find plenty of Pokémon that no trainers in the game are using.

I'll look into the day / night cycle!

As for changing trainer teams, to be completely honest I suck at team building, so some of the folks on our discord server are working on a difficulty option which will make use of the whole dex (minus legendary pokemon) but I probably should look into a non-difficulty version of it as well, it's a good idea!

Years
    Is there a version of this romhack without the day/night cycle?

Yes the optional patches folder has a patch to disable it! One of the best parts about Emerald Final is how many options are available. You're able to tailor your experience to suit your tastes :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Wow is good this hack still updated....this is amazing, i remember long time ago that play it.

One question, did u "update" Pikachu Light Ball Item? Cuz now boost attack not only sp attack....if not. Is possible add the "update"?

Years
    Wow is good this hack still updated....this is amazing, i remember long time ago that play it.

One question, did u "update" Pikachu Light Ball Item? Cuz now boost attack not only sp attack....if not. Is possible add the "update"?

I think Deluxe has that, but I'm not sure. It's possible but I didn't get around to it for legacy

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I will check it by myself and later report it....I will use Deluxe Variant

Maybe u don't remember me, but I reported a text bug about Kirla "TRACeD" text xD

This hack ROM was grow up since 3 years ago, was reading the documentation, evos to Pokemon like Porygon-2 to Porygon-Z!!!! Definitely will play again this ROM Hack!!!

Congratulations!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2023
    My screen is going all black, though music still going after I try to use the thunder stone on Electabuzz... It's the same, but a couple glitched pixels and no music when attempting on Magneton.

Seems to be working fine with Eevee though. Not sure why 4th gen evolutions seem bugged in my game.

Years
    My screen is going all black, though music still going after I try to use the thunder stone on Electabuzz... It's the same, but a couple glitched pixels and no music when attempting on Magneton.
    What patches are you using
    Seems to be working fine with Eevee though. Not sure why 4th gen evolutions seem bugged in my game.

sajuuktrinity

Software Developer
    Years
    This is a bonkers project you've got going here. Thanks for breathing some life back into Emerald. :)

Had to change Kadabra's evolution to level 16 so a wild caught Abra doesn't miss out on Confusion, but other than that so far so good. Much thanks for including the tools, as well. And a thousand more for splitting up the changes into individual patches. I, too, am getting just dark with DNS enabled, but I patched it out for now.

Two questions I can't find answers for in the docs, though:

1. Where'd you source the PRNG fix from? I've been patching vanilla with the Complete National Dex hack and MWisBest's 32-bit (non-RTC) seeder from HackMew's original fix thread, but couldn't find any specific info in the Docs about the one you included. Looked over the checksums myself via Python and figured you must've inserted the subroutines elsewhere.

2. Is there still a specific patching order for the Sprite Replacements even though you split them into free space? I've tried several combos, including just the DeluxeNonGen6ExpShare by itself then patching over with DeluxeGen4SpritePatch. NUPS throws a mismatch every time. DeluxeMoemonPatch gives the same mismatch for each combo, as well. Reckon it's simply user incompetence on my end, given I've been using LEXP and Flips for like a decade now. I was expecting to compare checksums of the patches themselves, but NUPS evidently doesn't show them in "Get patch data".

Years
    Bonkers, huh? I'll take that as a compliment lol :)

The Abra should already evolve at 16 though, and regardless on the second floor of every pokecenter, there is a move relearner that takes payment in money instead of heartscales.

I'm glad you appreciate the modular nature of Emerald Final! I think it's the most important part of the project tbh

To answer your two questions:
    1. I did use that PRNG fix you linked, I forget the exact offset I put it in but it was late in the build so I think it would have to be after 0xE60000 but I could be wrong.
    2. NUPS needs to be set to ignore errors as it's expecting a pre-expanded ROM, so long as you patch the sprite replacements last, the order otherwise shouldn't matter.

Feel free to join our discord server btw! (Linked in the original post) I am very active there and can respond to questions much quicker :D

sajuuktrinity

Software Developer
    Years
    Bonkers, huh? I'll take that as a compliment lol :)

The Abra should already evolve at 16 though, and regardless on the second floor of every pokecenter, there is a move relearner that takes payment in money instead of heartscales.

I'm glad you appreciate the modular nature of Emerald Final! I think it's the most important part of the project tbh

To answer your two questions:
    1. I did use that PRNG fix you linked, I forget the exact offset I put it in but it was late in the build so I think it would have to be after 0xE60000 but I could be wrong.
    2. NUPS needs to be set to ignore errors as it's expecting a pre-expanded ROM, so long as you patch the sprite replacements last, the order otherwise shouldn't matter.

Feel free to join our discord server btw! (Linked in the original post) I am very active there and can respond to questions much quicker :D

I'm too paranoid for Discord.

Turns out it was incompetence on my part, who woulda guessed. Must've mashed the B button too often while throttling at 500%.

About the patch size, I messed around a bit to see how much I could cut the 16MB GFX down to. Branched off of Flips today just to implement an override for BPS because Alcaro won't merge since he evidently made it dummy mode for those who don't know how to use CLI. Typical. For anyone interested: https://github.com/subvod/FlipsCygwin/releases

Did a ton of research today figuring out the differences between patch formats. Ended up running the big patches through with --bps-delta and got 1MB final sprite patches (versus 16MB with UPS) and no issues across patches, even further down with PRNG Fix, DNS, and such. Small patches ended up larger, as expected, so I just kept those as linear. (Forgive my OCD about cutting file size, lol. Throttled connection drives me nuts.)

Not telling you how to run your own show or anything. Just odd to me using UPS when higher compression yields the same end result. I went ahead and backed up the big ones as binary since I've already been doing a ton of patching and re-patching. You've got so much stuff going on here that years back was a hassle to try to get working with other patches... and I'm having a blast! :)

EDIT: The GFX patches CRC32'd the same... I'm assuming BPS accounts for empty expansion while UPS just adds it as linear? This is more of a rabbit hole than I was expecting.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm too paranoid for Discord.

Turns out it was incompetence on my part, who woulda guessed. Must've mashed the B button too often while throttling at 500%.

About the patch size, I messed around a bit to see how much I could cut the 16MB GFX down to. Branched off of Flips today just to implement an override for BPS because Alcaro won't merge since he evidently made it dummy mode for those who don't know how to use CLI. Typical. For anyone interested: https://github.com/subvod/FlipsCygwin/releases

Did a ton of research today figuring out the differences between patch formats. Ended up running the big patches through with --bps-delta and got 1MB final sprite patches (versus 16MB with UPS) and no issues across patches, even further down with PRNG Fix, DNS, and such. Small patches ended up larger, as expected, so I just kept those as linear. (Forgive my OCD about cutting file size, lol. Throttled connection drives me nuts.)

Not telling you how to run your own show or anything. Just odd to me using UPS when higher compression yields the same end result. I went ahead and backed up the big ones as binary since I've already been doing a ton of patching and re-patching. You've got so much stuff going on here that years back was a hassle to try to get working with other patches... and I'm having a blast! :)

EDIT: The GFX patches CRC32'd the same... I'm assuming BPS accounts for empty expansion while UPS just adds it as linear? This is more of a rabbit hole than I was expecting.

I'll be honest... I barely understood a word of that. I'm not actually knowledgeable about coding lol binary hacking is mostly GUI based with occasional copy+paste hex and that's about where my knowledge ends 😅

Back