• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    On that note, in the next version I will have auto levelers at every gym usable after beating the leader, starting at level 10 for the first gym and increasing by five at each gym so after beating Juan you can pay to level a pokemon to level 45 instantly! The thinking is that this way you don't have to long grind new pokemon for type coverage against the next gym/Elite Four, plus it makes midgame egg moves viable since you can take them from five to near what they'd need to be so they could be useful at that point in the game

That would be a neat feature indeed. But wouldn't that mean losing the benefits of EVs?

Years
    That would be a neat feature indeed. But wouldn't that mean losing the benefits of EVs?

No you would maintain their EVs, and having them a higher level to grind out EV training would make it faster in any case

Edit:
    When EV training a pokemon you can deposit it into the PC and the stats will re calculate so no need to level up to get the EVs

Last edited:
    Years

His theme is gone? First I am hearing of that.... I'll look into it

As for the Moemon patch, this is an online patcher that supports IPS and UPS patches so you won't need to use a PC to do it. Providing full ROMs is against the rules on this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Yes, another theme plays instead of his theme, kinda sounds like Rustboro City's but I'm not sure.
    And thanks a lot for the online patcher, didn't know that was against the rules sorry.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    About my attempted bug report a few months ago, It's because for some odd reason Unipatcher (an android app used for patching ROMs) doesn't think the moemon 2.1 patch is compatible with the Emerald Final base patch. It seems you need to use NUPS, which is weird, because Emerald seems to be the only Pokémon game that ups patches fail to work on Unipatcher.

Years
    dearman4 could you help me how to implemente repel system to my hack rom? im just asking, its the last item of my rom, then its complete.. but im having lot of pain.. i tried the dizzy egg method, but i really dont know how to set up, i followed your tutorial too, but its complicated..i just want implement this, could you make it for me if its not too hard? if yes, i will send the rom via PM, if not, thats alright, i understand. thanks in advance.
    Sure I'll have some time later today but please in the future ask these kinds of questions in the form of a personal message, if you don't mind :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is this a joke or a glitch?
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    That's a glitch lol funny though

What's Regirock's Pokédex entry supposed to say then?

EDIT: Nevermind Here's the dex entry, with the missing text struck through:

A Pokémon that is made entirely of rocks and boulders. If parts of its body chip off in battle, Regirock repairs itself by adding new rocks.

Also, the nature changers in the Battle Frontier are bugged, they don't give your Pokémon the right nature. I was using the Moemon Patched version trying to get an Adamant Sceptile, but the Adamant nature girl wasn't changing its nature to Adamant.

Last edited:
    Years
    What's Regirock's Pokédex entry supposed to say then?

EDIT: Nevermind Here's the dex entry, with the missing text struck through:

A Pokémon that is made entirely of rocks and boulders. If parts of its body chip off in battle, Regirock repairs itself by adding new rocks.

Also, the nature changers in the Battle Frontier are bugged, they don't give your Pokémon the right nature. I was using the Moemon Patched version trying to get an Adamant Sceptile, but the Adamant nature girl wasn't changing its nature to Adamant.

That must be a Moemon issue, I'll look into it

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Hey Dearman4, according to your TMs List PDF file TM21 Ftustration should be in Pacifidlog town, but I can't find it. There is an old man NPC in the lower left most house with all those Azurill but talking to him doesn't even pop up a dialog box. Could he be the one who gives you the TM and his dialog has been glitched? Or should I first beat the League before the old guy talks to me?

Years
    Hey Dearman4, according to your TMs List PDF file TM21 Ftustration should be in Pacifidlog town, but I can't find it. There is an old man NPC in the lower left most house with all those Azurill but talking to him doesn't even pop up a dialog box. Could he be the one who gives you the TM and his dialog has been glitched? Or should I first beat the League before the old guy talks to me?

Yeah that npc is bugged, it's on my to do list to fix him!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2021
    Hi Crv13!

I worked previously on a hacked called Emerald National Dex Edition for some Optional patches for said hack.
    I stumbled upon yours, and I wanted to chime in and offer my optional patches for yours, in case you want to add them to your own as Optional patches as well.

The optional patches I worked on are:

* Green-less Emerald: Removes the Green palette used in both Brendan and May for Emerald, and also reworked every other instance that forced Green into the player to have palettes similar to Ruby/Sapphire (Overworld sprites, battle sprites, intro cutscene, bags, etc.)
    * Sprite Uncensoring: Modifies certain trainer sprites that were modified on the US releases to be like the Japanese sprites (Sailor, Hex Maniac, etc.)
    * Black Jynx: Undo the censoring applied to Jynx to have her original face color instead of the purple one introduced in later Gens.

You can get my patches here:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/vy5h6igu320x5sm/ShadowOptionalPatches.zip/file

Or you can also find them in the official release page at RH.net for National Dex Edition, under Optional/Graphical:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1991/

I am not sure if my patches are 100% compatible with yours, but I'll leave that to you since I am not that adept in Pokemon hacking.

Years
    Hi Crv13!

I worked previously on a hacked called Emerald National Dex Edition for some Optional patches for said hack.
    I stumbled upon yours, and I wanted to chime in and offer my optional patches for yours, in case you want to add them to your own as Optional patches as well.

The optional patches I worked on are:

* Green-less Emerald: Removes the Green palette used in both Brendan and May for Emerald, and also reworked every other instance that forced Green into the player to have palettes similar to Ruby/Sapphire (Overworld sprites, battle sprites, intro cutscene, bags, etc.)
    * Sprite Uncensoring: Modifies certain trainer sprites that were modified on the US releases to be like the Japanese sprites (Sailor, Hex Maniac, etc.)
    * Black Jynx: Undo the censoring applied to Jynx to have her original face color instead of the purple one introduced in later Gens.

You can get my patches here:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/vy5h6igu320x5sm/ShadowOptionalPatches.zip/file

Or you can also find them in the official release page at RH.net for National Dex Edition, under Optional/Graphical:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1991/

I am not sure if my patches are 100% compatible with yours, but I'll leave that to you since I am not that adept in Pokemon hacking.

I've actually already made the greenless patch for someone who asked but those other two patches have definitely caught my eye (though I think you got the wrong person in your post lol)

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    It wants me to have a BIO file to open, could you please tell me what a BIO file is and where to get one?

Years
    It wants me to have a BIO file to open, could you please tell me what a BIO file is and where to get one?

I think you mean BIOS, that's required for the emulator and illegal to provide if memory serves. I was able to find it by searching for GBA BIOS and it was the first link for me.

Also, word of advice, you should really be more explicit in your posts, when you are asking for help it's more difficult to actually help you out when I'm having to guess at what you mean. Specifically, referring to "it" is extremely vague, I have no idea if you're on PC or Mobile or real hardware! I'm happy to help you out I just need to have the pertinent information in order to give it!

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    I think you mean BIOS, that's required for the emulator and illegal to provide if memory serves. I was able to find it by searching for GBA BIOS and it was the first link for me.

Also, word of advice, you should really be more explicit in your posts, when you are asking for help it's more difficult to actually help you out when I'm having to guess at what you mean. Specifically, referring to "it" is extremely vague, I have no idea if you're on PC or Mobile or real hardware! I'm happy to help you out I just need to have the pertinent information in order to give it!

Thank you, I'm new to this so I don't know much about BIOS.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    Hi dearman4, is it possible to get this "green-less" patch of yours? I always wanted to try playing Emerald with the original colors.

Back