• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Hello all! I'm looking for a ROM hack that has all or most of the features of Emerald Final but also increases difficulty with better designed trainer teams. I love all the QoL of Final but want something with decent challenge too.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Hey

The patch's looking great. I do have one problem though. Is it not possible to use other patches? I really want to use the DS style sprite patch but it doesn't look like your patch is compatible with it. Whenever I start a battle the game crashes. I'm using the Legacy patch. If they're actually not compatible, I'd really appreciate it if you made an optional patch with Gen 5 style sprites. This is the patch I'm referring to: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=343728

Years
  • Hey

The patch's looking great. I do have one problem though. Is it not possible to use other patches? I really want to use the DS style sprite patch but it doesn't look like your patch is compatible with it. Whenever I start a battle the game crashes. I'm using the Legacy patch. If they're actually not compatible, I'd really appreciate it if you made an optional patch with Gen 5 style sprites. This is the patch I'm referring to: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=343728

Y'know I probably could make a sprite replacement patch in the same way I did Moemon. I'm not a fan of those sprites myself but hey I want Emerald Final to be all about options lol I'll add that to my list. Thanks for the suggestion!

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    Have noticed that shroomish can have poison heal ability, does that mean toxic orb is in the rom, If so where?

h4ppyp1lls

Wooper Enthusiast
    Years
  • I just started the game and I picked up the beginners kit in Littleroot. I caught a Tentacool and gave it the exp share, but its not gaining exp from battles. Any help? I'm using deluxe.

Years
  • I just started the game and I picked up the beginners kit in Littleroot. I caught a Tentacool and gave it the exp share, but its not gaining exp from battles. Any help? I'm using deluxe.

Are you using the gen 6 exp share? If so, it'll need to remain in your inventory

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2022
    Hi yes I used the super ultimate injector to Put the game on my 3ds but when I got to play the game the brightness seems really dull on the top screen how do I go about fixing this issue a normal Pokémon emerald rom works fine the brightness Is there but as soon as I patch it the brightness dulls

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Hello, nice hack you made. Really enjoying it right now.
    I found a bug where all my TMs/HMs are missing. I tried restarting the game and buying a TM10 in Slateport City but it's also not showing up afterwards.
    Storywise I defeated Norman but haven't gone to the power plant yet or surfed east of Mauville City.
    I'm not sure what to do, any help is appreciated.

Edit: I patched a fresh rom with the Deluxe without Gen 6 XP-Share patch and the optional Gen 4 Abilities + Stats, Hidden patch using the My Boy! Free App.
    But I'm playing on the Nostalgia GBA app.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello, nice hack you made. Really enjoying it right now.
    I found a bug where all my TMs/HMs are missing. I tried restarting the game and buying a TM10 in Slateport City but it's also not showing up afterwards.
    Storywise I defeated Norman but haven't gone to the power plant yet or surfed east of Mauville City.
    I'm not sure what to do, any help is appreciated.

Edit: I patched a fresh rom with the Deluxe without Gen 6 XP-Share patch and the optional Gen 4 Abilities + Stats, Hidden patch using the My Boy! Free App.
    But I'm playing on the Nostalgia GBA app.

That's happened a few times, and I cannot find the trigger, fortunately purchasing a previously un-owned TM usually restores them. If you can find out what specifically is causing you to lose the TMs, and if it's repeatable I should be able to find the cause and fix it

Years
    • she/her & he/him
    • Poland
    • Seen Jan 19, 2023
    Hello there!

In the first place I want to thank for this mod! I love 3rd gen games and I'm thankful for hack which don't add Pokemons above this generation. Don't know it's good words, but your hack is sorta "canonical".

Unfortunately, the Bad Egg curse reach two of my Pokemons in Box. Hope for patch, I'm afraid this <redacted> will destroy my team.

I have one thought 'bout difficult level. For me, it's a lil easy. It'll be great if hack'll have optional more difficult level, sorta like Theta or EX.

Have a nice (and healthy) week!

UPDATE: now there are two Bad Eggs. It's totally random which Pokemon turns into Bad Egg. One of these is freshly evolved Fearow.
    UPDATE v2: after error which removed all my TM's and HM's, I bought random TM and it works. But... TM47 (Steel Wing) reaches... "?5". I sold all of these (lot of money!) expect one copy.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello there!

In the first place I want to thank for this mod! I love 3rd gen games and I'm thankful for hack which don't add Pokemons above this generation. Don't know it's good words, but your hack is sorta "canonical".

Unfortunately, the Bad Egg curse reach two of my Pokemons in Box. Hope for patch, I'm afraid this <redacted> will destroy my team.

I have one thought 'bout difficult level. For me, it's a lil easy. It'll be great if hack'll have optional more difficult level, sorta like Theta or EX.

Have a nice (and healthy) week!

UPDATE: now there are two Bad Eggs. It's totally random which Pokemon turns into Bad Egg. One of these is freshly evolved Fearow.
    UPDATE v2: after error which removed all my TM's and HM's, I bought random TM and it works. But... TM47 (Stell Wing) reaches... "?5". I sold all of these (lot of money!) expect one copy.

I prefer "enhanced vanilla" :D

And yeah that egg issue is a bummer, I have to rebuild the hack from scratch to fix it and real life is keeping me busy.

The difficulty I'm having some folks on our Discord server help with, we're going to have a difficulty option that's hopefully going to be balanced and fun!

Sorry about the TMs but at least you got them back! Free money though? Lol it's all related to the same issue

Years
    • she/her & he/him
    • Poland
    • Seen Jan 19, 2023
    I prefer "enhanced vanilla" :D

And yeah that egg issue is a bummer, I have to rebuild the hack from scratch to fix it and real life is keeping me busy.

The difficulty I'm having some folks on our Discord server help with, we're going to have a difficulty option that's hopefully going to be balanced and fun!

Sorry about the TMs but at least you got them back! Free money though? Lol it's all related to the same issue

Bug with TMs was scary, but it's easy to overcome (:

Now I'm playing again 7.38 version and I compare Pokemon's from Route 103 (above Oldae Town) and further routes with 7.4 - in earlier version they're little stronger and more challenging. In 7.4 I have more Pokemon to catch at first, but their levels are lower.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Is it normal to patch the legacy Verison on emerald and to have a gen 3 starter not have any moves.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    Hi, I played deluxe with exp all system, I want to implement Gen 5 move stats because I wanna have 25 power of bullet seed, I already patched the optional Gen 5 move stats but bullet seed still display 10 power, is the patching success or not? I haven't tried yet

Years
  • Hi, I played deluxe with exp all system, I want to implement Gen 5 move stats because I wanna have 25 power of bullet seed, I already patched the optional Gen 5 move stats but bullet seed still display 10 power, is the patching success or not? I haven't tried yet

You haven't tried it in battle you mean? Also make sure you're using the right patch, if you picked the Deluxe with Exp Share, you need to use the optional patches in that same folder. Using optional patches meant for the Deluxe non Exp Share or Legacy will not work

Back