• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Poison Heal Gliscor and Prankster Sableye available in this patch?

And maybe please remove poison damage in overworld

Years
  • Poison Heal Gliscor and Prankster Sableye available in this patch?

And maybe please remove poison damage in overworld

No those aren't in the game but can be changed real easily.

As for poison damage? I included an option for pokemon to survive poisoning at 1hp on the overworld but removing it completely feels like too much to me

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    No those aren't in the game but can be changed real easily.

As for poison damage? I included an option for pokemon to survive poisoning at 1hp on the overworld but removing it completely feels like too much to me

Too much? You mean like it's cheating? But that's how they made it in Gen V and onwards

Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Probably because later gens have abilities like Magic Guard and Poison Heal that should prevent poison damage even outside battle

Years
  • Too much? You mean like it's cheating? But that's how they made it in Gen V and onwards

Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Probably because later gens have abilities like Magic Guard and Poison Heal that should prevent poison damage even outside battle

Too much as in I think it doesn't fit for an Enhanced Vanilla hack like Final. Like it branches off into feeling like a separate hack imo

Years
  • Super patch, btw, it is one of the few patches that are still valid these years, as most have been taken down.... Sad....
    I'll use it in my hack, and since it's at its "base", you'll appear at the beginning of the game (A more effective way of credit), and everything it contains, especially the day / night thing really helps me, because I couldn't do it with DNS.

A: Absolutely, just credit me and let me know what you've made because I would love to see it!

You want to see it? iDK if you're still active, and I don't think it will went well, but ok. :-)

Edit: By the way, it's going to take a while, since I am 13 and I am working single, so... Yeah, hard work....

Last edited:
    Years
  • Super patch, btw, it is one of the few patches that are still valid these years, as most have been taken down.... Sad....
    I'll use it in my hack, and since it's at its "base", you'll appear at the beginning of the game (A more effective way of credit), and everything it contains, especially the day / night thing really helps me, because I couldn't do it with DNS.

You want to see it? iDK if you're still active, and I don't think it will went well, but ok. :-)

Yeah I'm still active. And sure I'd love to see it!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Too much as in I think it doesn't fit for an Enhanced Vanilla hack like Final. Like it branches off into feeling like a separate hack imo

How about just remove it for mons with Poison Heal, Immunity, & Magic Guard. Makes sense because their ability prevents damage in battle.

Years
  • I apologize that was too much. But please add Prankster Sableye and Huge Power Mawile.

Those don't really fit my vision for Final but I made the decision to provide an editing kit for folks such as yourself to make edits like that! It's quick and easy to do and I can show you how if you need, though preferably on our Discord as it's easier there 😅

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Those don't really fit my vision for Final but I made the decision to provide an editing kit for folks such as yourself to make edits like that! It's quick and easy to do and I can show you how if you need, though preferably on our Discord as it's easier there 😅

Ohh wow thank you! Sure thing, I'm willing to learn.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    Hey there, love the hack! I'd report a bug I was encountering with a newly-updated save, but it's a little complicated lol. We'll start with what I had: a save in 7.38 up to Lilycove. I updated the 7.38 rom to 7.4, which seems to run fine (from the minimal testing I've tried).

The bug comes in the Lilycove Department Store. On the 2nd and 3rd floors, talking to the vendors instead gives me a Pokeblock case (and a hardlock immediately after) and some berry interactions, such as watering, planting, and picking. On the 4th floor, the left clerk sells the TMs as normal, but the right clerk has the interact sound when I press A, but nothing else. 5th floor and up work fine.

I thought that maybe it was an issue with patching an already-patched rom, so I patched a vanilla Emerald rom. In this, the stores seem to work fine, but they don't include the Event Tickets that were in 7.38. Maybe these were changed in 7.4 to only appear after certain events or something? If that's the case, then it seems I've made this post for nothing lol. Sorry about that. I don't want to be missing out on features.

One last thing, unrelated to the previous bug. Idk if you're still working on that Bad Egg problem, and idk if this would even help, but at one point I tried editing a pokemon that had a Gen 4 move in A-Save, and it came back as Bad Egg. So maybe the Bad Eggs in the boxes are a result of Gen 4 moves or abilities or something? Might be a lead on the issue, just to see if I could help. Of course I can't actually make a bad egg appear in-game, but ya know. Thought I'd share.

Anyway, it was a long post that might not even have an issue, but I'll be darned if I make an account and don't post about things I've found lol. Thanks again for the hack, it's great stuff!

Years
  • Hey there, love the hack! I'd report a bug I was encountering with a newly-updated save, but it's a little complicated lol. We'll start with what I had: a save in 7.38 up to Lilycove. I updated the 7.38 rom to 7.4, which seems to run fine (from the minimal testing I've tried).

The bug comes in the Lilycove Department Store. On the 2nd and 3rd floors, talking to the vendors instead gives me a Pokeblock case (and a hardlock immediately after) and some berry interactions, such as watering, planting, and picking. On the 4th floor, the left clerk sells the TMs as normal, but the right clerk has the interact sound when I press A, but nothing else. 5th floor and up work fine.

I thought that maybe it was an issue with patching an already-patched rom, so I patched a vanilla Emerald rom. In this, the stores seem to work fine, but they don't include the Event Tickets that were in 7.38. Maybe these were changed in 7.4 to only appear after certain events or something? If that's the case, then it seems I've made this post for nothing lol. Sorry about that. I don't want to be missing out on features.

One last thing, unrelated to the previous bug. Idk if you're still working on that Bad Egg problem, and idk if this would even help, but at one point I tried editing a pokemon that had a Gen 4 move in A-Save, and it came back as Bad Egg. So maybe the Bad Eggs in the boxes are a result of Gen 4 moves or abilities or something? Might be a lead on the issue, just to see if I could help. Of course I can't actually make a bad egg appear in-game, but ya know. Thought I'd share.

Anyway, it was a long post that might not even have an issue, but I'll be darned if I make an account and don't post about things I've found lol. Thanks again for the hack, it's great stuff!

Yeah you ALWAYS patch a clean ROM when updating.

The event items were changed to be found around the world and their locations are listed in the Documentation folder, the Legendary Locations text file, to be precise.

I am still working on the Bad Egg issue and it's not about the gen 4 pokemon, it's an issue with scripts involving game variables I made a mistake with, basically have to redo the whole thing because of it!

Thanks for making the post! I'm always happy to see people enjoying Final :)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    Im having a problem where beating pokemon/trainers dont give me any xp at all? im not sure if its one of the patches. its a rom ive never used before so its clean. Just wondering if you can help me.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    Also not sure if its a change you made or just a weird bug, but i got a squirtle instead of mudkip as a starter.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    im not sure if i just misunderstood, but i thought i was able to choose which gen starter i wanted, but it just immediately chose squirtle for me after the zigzagoon fight.

Years
  • im not sure if i just misunderstood, but i thought i was able to choose which gen starter i wanted, but it just immediately chose squirtle for me after the zigzagoon fight.
    This sounds like a patch error,what did you use to patch, what patches did you apply, and in what order?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    i used the lunar ips included, and the order was legacy first, and then from bottom to top in name order (ascending).

Back