• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald - Hardcore Edition

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2021
    Bear with me, As this is my first ever post on a forum website, Ever. As you can tell by my title, I'm aiming to create a more, Hardened version of Pokemon Emerald. I always tend to cheat on the game with Rare Candies, But this changes; Starting now. This version of said game will be challenging, Even for players with level 100 Pokemon. Because this game will keep up with you as you start to go along. You may cheat and get to level 100, But by time you get to the 6th gym leader, You better be ready for trainers and wild pokemon in their 70's. As you get further past that, They will start to reach the 80's. They however, Will not go past 90. The only trainers to have Pokemon past level 90 will be the Elite Four. But if you decide to face them the second time around... They all will be Level 100, With a few Pokemon Changes ;) But enough about the game, Lets talk about the features, The features included are listed in order as to when you'll discover them:

-Level 50 Starter Pokemon
    Now normally you're thinking you are going to get a choice of Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert. Well you're wrong. I've decided to give you a bit of a challenge, Instead you'll have the choice of the following: Aggron, Tyranitar, and Nidoking. Why did I choose these three you ask, Because they're all weak against more types than normal. However on the other hand I did want to be fair, So I did give you the choice of Aggron, I mean, C'mon, Who doesn't want a badass metal dinosaur? Now I'm thinking about switching out Nidoking as he seems to be the odd bunch in there. If you have any recommendations, Comment on this post.

Pokemon Emerald - Hardcore Edition Pokemon Emerald - Hardcore Edition Pokemon Emerald - Hardcore Edition

-Enhanced Trainer and Rival Battles
    As you start off your game, You'll notice that your first battle with your Rival, She/He will have a level 50 Pokemon. And as you guessed, As you progress, The level of her Pokemon will get higher. As for trainers, Same thing applies. Trainers will get more difficult and more challenging. The highest that Trainer's Pokemon will go is... I'll limit it to 90. Seems fair ;) Pokemon Emerald - Hardcore Edition

-Capture All Pokemon through Catching and Breeding (Including Legendaries
    You read that right. You will be able to capture and breed to get all 386 Pokemon that are in this generation. Why breed? Well due to editing and making the wild Pokemon higher leveled... I had to compromise to fit the setting. All wild pokemon will now be in their final evolution. Excluding Genderless Pokemon such as Voltorb, Magnemite, Porygon, Etc. Pokemon Emerald - Hardcore Edition

I will update this more tomorrow as it is late, I have been staying up the past week working on this ROM Hack. If you have any suggestions or see any flaws in my work, Just say so in a reply. Thanks for taking the time to check this out! When it's done, I hope you'll enjoy it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2021
    Bear with me, As this is my first ever post on a forum website, Ever. As you can tell by my title, I'm aiming to create a more, Hardened version of Pokemon Emerald. I always tend to cheat on the game with Rare Candies, But this changes; Starting now. This version of said game will be challenging, Even for players with level 100 Pokemon. Because this game will keep up with you as you start to go along. You may cheat and get to level 100, But by time you get to the 6th gym leader, You better be ready for trainers and wild pokemon in their 70's. As you get further past that, They will start to reach the 80's. They however, Will not go past 90. The only trainers to have Pokemon past level 90 will be the Elite Four. But if you decide to face them the second time around... They all will be Level 100, With a few Pokemon Changes ;) But enough about the game, Lets talk about the features, The features included are listed in order as to when you'll discover them:

-Level 50 Starter Pokemon
    Now normally you're thinking you are going to get a choice of Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert. Well you're wrong. I've decided to give you a bit of a challenge, Instead you'll have the choice of the following: Aggron, Tyranitar, and Nidoking. Why did I choose these three you ask, Because they're all weak against more types than normal. However on the other hand I did want to be fair, So I did give you the choice of Aggron, I mean, C'mon, Who doesn't want a badass metal dinosaur? Now I'm thinking about switching out Nidoking as he seems to be the odd bunch in there. If you have any recommendations, Comment on this post.

View attachment 81215 View attachment 81216 View attachment 81217

-Enhanced Trainer and Rival Battles
    As you start off your game, You'll notice that your first battle with your Rival, She/He will have a level 50 Pokemon. And as you guessed, As you progress, The level of her Pokemon will get higher. As for trainers, Same thing applies. Trainers will get more difficult and more challenging. The highest that Trainer's Pokemon will go is... I'll limit it to 90. Seems fair ;) View attachment 81218

-Capture All Pokemon through Catching and Breeding (Including Legendaries
    You read that right. You will be able to capture and breed to get all 386 Pokemon that are in this generation. Why breed? Well due to editing and making the wild Pokemon higher leveled... I had to compromise to fit the setting. All wild pokemon will now be in their final evolution. Excluding Genderless Pokemon such as Voltorb, Magnemite, Porygon, Etc. View attachment 81219

I will update this more tomorrow as it is late, I have been staying up the past week working on this ROM Hack. If you have any suggestions or see any flaws in my work, Just say so in a reply. Thanks for taking the time to check this out! When it's done, I hope you'll enjoy it!

Update: Work has been halted due to a severe cold. Been this way for two days now. Hope you all understand

Back