• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon emerald patch

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Hi, This is just a simple idea that im looking to get some help with, I have 0 idea how to go about rom hacking / creating patches. But following coming across pokemon Final Emerald and then trying to do a nuzlocke of Emerald I discovered there was no Lucky egg naturally available within the game. I was wondering if anyone could go about assisting in creating a patch which would add a lucky egg in as a gift at some point in the game?

Years
  • Hi, This is just a simple idea that im looking to get some help with, I have 0 idea how to go about rom hacking / creating patches. But following coming across pokemon Final Emerald and then trying to do a nuzlocke of Emerald I discovered there was no Lucky egg naturally available within the game. I was wondering if anyone could go about assisting in creating a patch which would add a lucky egg in as a gift at some point in the game?

Actually the head of the Devon Corp gives you a Lucky Egg in Emerald Final. As for how to add that, feel free to open up Final in the AdvanceMap program and look at the script for that NPC with XSE.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • Great tip my man dear! Very much appreciated from the deepest part of my heart. I have always wondered about dissecting a hack and learning from it in a reverse engineering way. You have finally given me the key to open up the pandora's box. 😁

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Actually the head of the Devon Corp gives you a Lucky Egg in Emerald Final. As for how to add that, feel free to open up Final in the AdvanceMap program and look at the script for that NPC with XSE.
    Huh, thats cool to know. The main reason im not using Emerald Final is because I coudnt quite get it working with the rom I had found, kept having issues when I tried moemon and even without it. But thanks for the tip on how to add that. Ill look into it!

Years
  • Great tip my man dear! Very much appreciated from the deepest part of my heart. I have always wondered about dissecting a hack and learning from it in a reverse engineering way. You have finally given me the key to open up the pandora's box. 😁

It's the best way to learn some of the things you can do lol I partially meant Final to be used as a base for others to build upon so it's only natural to encourage people to fiddle around with it if they're so inclined!

Years
  • Huh, thats cool to know. The main reason im not using Emerald Final is because I coudnt quite get it working with the rom I had found, kept having issues when I tried moemon and even without it. But thanks for the tip on how to add that. Ill look into it!

Someone sent me a Moemon Patch that I'm going to try, if it works better than the one I have, then I'll include that one instead of the current one and maybe it'll work better for you as well

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • My apologies for bumping again in this thread started by Larvitar22. I should have started my own. However, the point I was pondering over for quite sometime was accidentally raised here in this thread. So I would like to push the concept a little bit further if that's okay and my intention is to accelerate my solo learning, that's all. What I want to know is that are there more ways to Reverse Engineer / Dissect a hack apart from the one elaborated here by good sir dearman4?

Back