• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Pokemon Emerald Starters

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2022
    Super simple question but where exactly can I edit the starters in pokemon emerald?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    As in you ant there to be three different 'mons to choose from?

I'm not heaps familiar with Emerald hacking, but it should be as simple as editing the script (using a combination of Advance Map and XSE would be the easiest for a beginner).

You'll just have to find out the index numbers of the Pokemans you want the choices to be instead of Treecko et al.
    Try this link to look up the ID that corresponds to each 'mon in Gen III:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_index_number_(Generation_III)

Just remember, it'll be the Hex number that you want. So, say you want to be able to choose Wooper instead of Mudkip, in the script for the event that you pick the starter you'll have to change the ID for Mudkip (11B) to the one for Wooper (0C2).

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2022
    Thanks for the help, I should have been more specific, I am looking for where exactly in the code the script for the starters is. I haven't been able to find it, not sure if it's labeled in a funny way or I am just missing it.

Back