• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Emerald Team?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Whats a good team to get and levels from the start of the game to the end
    Like Could you guys tell me What team to get ASAP to beat the gyms rather easy?

EDIT: Also i don't really want to use a starter, since i don't like the starters much in R/S/E
    I think some of you are missing the true point of this thread. While there have been a couple of good suggestions, if I am understanding this correctly, AgreedSpy doesn't want to have to spend time unnecessarily raising up a Pokemon. With Mudkip as the starter, you can pick up Ralts on Route 102, before Petalburg, and then Taillow on Route 104, right before Petalburg Woods. Taillow levels up quickly in that area and then Mudkip evolves at Rustboro. From there, it is putting Ralts in the lead and then switching a couple times until it learns Confusion.

There, your team is ready to finish the game. Swampert is a beast that will be able to handle most things by itself. Gardevoir handles the special attack side of things (you MUST teach it Thunderbolt) and takes special attacks rather easily. Swellow is simply a quick switch and KO of May's Sceptile, and it helps get through a few stretches of the game, especially in the "elite" 4, where an extra body can come in handy. As for HM slaves, picking up Nincada at the beginning, and then replacing it with Tropius and Wailmer will cover all 8 needed HMs. Just don't waste time using them.

I am sure there are hundreds of other combinations that can be successful, but I have found this team to get me through the game in a matter of hours. I have used this team repeatedly to help create multiple Secret Base locations on my Emerald cart, and to farm for hard to get TMs and items along the way.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    In short, I believe there is no good pokemon against everything, you'll probably be constantly changing pokemon every now and then. I normally choose pokemon that is gonna be useful for the upcoming gyms and elite four. Here's my lsit of recommendations

Gym leaders
    Spoiler:

Elite Four
    Spoiler:

Overall I don't believe there is one single pokemon that would be best against everything. You'll be constantly switching your mains. My advice is to choose wisely, there are many different combinations people choose from. I wouldn't guarantee any certain pokemon can certainly pull you through.

Don't ask me about Battle Frontier though, I haven't even finished it without cheating. (seriously couldn't be bothered completing Battle Pyramid and Battle Palace 10 times =_=.)

Last edited:

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    Well, I use:
    Sceptile - Rock Smash
    Pelliper - Fly + Surf
    Torkoal - Strength
    Umbreon(Eevee From Leaf Green) - Cut
    Magneton - Flash
    Wailord - Waterfall + Dive
    This covers all the HMs, as well as giving you a adaquate team to glide through the game with, for pokemon that are as of ye unobtainable, fillers do just as well.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    In short, I believe there is no good pokemon against everything, you'll probably be constantly changing pokemon every now and then. I normally choose pokemon that is gonna be useful for the upcoming gyms and elite four.
    I disagree. Swampert only has one weakness and can learn Ice Beam to cover it. There is not a single gym that Swampert has trouble with, and it excels in the "elite" 4 too.

Well, I use:
    Sceptile - Rock Smash
    Pelliper - Fly + Surf
    Torkoal - Strength
    Umbreon(Eevee From Leaf Green) - Cut
    Magneton - Flash
    Wailord - Waterfall + Dive
    This covers all the HMs, as well as giving you a adaquate team to glide through the game with, for pokemon that are as of ye unobtainable, fillers do just as well.
    Wow. Why don't you just use Tropius and Wailmer? All 8 HMs can be placed on those two Pokemon. No need wasting those moves on any others.

Back