• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Emerald++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    Pokemon Emerald++ (99% finished, english and spanish versions)

.:: Hack Name ::.
    Pokemon Emerald++
    Now finished and downloadable in both languages.

.:: Hack of ::.
    Pokémon Emerald: English and Spanish versions

.:: Introduction ::.
    Before you ask, this hack doesn't have new sprites, maps, story or things like that. But i simply wanted to create a hack with all 386 pokemon, and the best thing, with all trainers modified to make a really difficult game. They also use the new pokemons too.
    This hack is 99% finished. Below this post you have two attached ips patches, one for english version and one for spanish version. Still at this time there should be around 372 pokemons who can be adquired, by capturing or evolving. I didn't put yet events for legend pokemon, i still don't have experience with sprites (i would like to add for example an sprite of Articuno over a waterfall which makes a battle event with him, like other legendaries). I will try to do that, but i can't promise anything. So if anyone want to add these events by himself and upload the new patch, i will be pleased.

.:: Story ::.
    The same.

.:: Features ::.
    - All 386 pokemon
    - All trainers modified, using most of the 386 pokemon, and with greater and difficultier levels. Expect the elite to have levels from 75 to 90.
    - Many evolving patterns modified, so there isn't any trading or happiness evolutions.

Just to show you what you will see in this hack, this is the list of pokes for all gym leaders and the Elite:

Spoiler:

*i wanted to change something more in this gym, but hitmons and hariyama are too powerful at this time...

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    - There is a bug in Petalburg City. ¿See the new person next to the Pokemon Center? Well, you must talk to him, he will update your pokedex to the National Dex. The thing is, you SHOULDN'T USE THE MENU WHEN YOU ARE IN THIS CITY. If you do, then you will "morph" into that person, and that could make important glitches. Going into the Pokemon Center may solve that.
    - If you are in Victory Road and see a triangle sprite (like the Deoxys triangles) please don't touch it. It is a sign of where i should put a legend pokemon (specially Moltres), but didn't assign the script to it, so your game will crash if you interact with it.

Well, no more explanation, the two ips patches are just below this sentence. If you want a challenge, if you want to use a game where you actually have to think and planificate, click on it!;)

This is the third version of the patch, for both languages
    If you see this message, and downloaded before any of these patches, download it again and replace.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    Updated Gym 7 info.

By playing the game in parts, i know how my pokemons are and i can update successfully the data of next trainers. I recently beated gym 7, my pokes are (see the levels and compare them with the gym levels in first thread):
    52-Sceptile, 52-Milotic, 52-Gengar, 52-Metagross, 53-Charizard.
    I think this team is extremely powerful, but still it will be difficult against four 61-62 leveled pokemons... So you can have an idea about how difficult this should be.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    Updated Gym 8 (that means i have made all hoenn trainers up to that gym)
    This is the team i used against that gym:
    60-Gengar, 59-Metagross, 58-Charizard, 61-Sceptile, 58-Milotic

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • ok this isn't getting alot of support. And imo, you made the Gyms a bit TOO hard...this game doesn't sound too great. sry

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    ok this isn't getting alot of support. And imo, you made the Gyms a bit TOO hard...this game doesn't sound too great. sry

And still I beat them in one or two tries... Yes it is hard, but as hard as a gym should be, not more. That's the reason why i am posting also my team, to show levels and compare.
    And another thing. I know this hack isn't too great, but since Pokemon Quartz it will be the first to be playable (at least from what i have seen). I don't want to wait three months or so (sometimes over a year) to see the hacker abandoning...
    This will be finished in this weekend. As it is the first time i played Emerald, this was very enjoyable for me.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • to be finished in 1 weekend? well i guess it would be easy to do that. all your doing is making it spanish and making harder gyms? Yeah that would be do able in 1 weekend

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    to be finished in 1 weekend? well i guess it would be easy to do that. all your doing is making it spanish and making harder gyms? Yeah that would be do able in 1 weekend
    I changed all trainer battles in wild hoenn. I don't know the amount, but i am pretty sure there are over 800 trainer battles in the game. And around 150 have editable attacks. I edited them all. I diidn't get to the levels i showed before using rare candies, it was only battling with 600 trainers reforced with higher levels.
    Also changed all wild battles. And all battles have sense (maybe 5 of 800 are discordinated, but i didn't put Arcanine for a swimmer, for example), it's not just random. My work started like two week before, but i wrote this thread last tuesday. I even have an excel file, with five pages filled with lists, formulas and so on, that will be really useful for another rom hackers. It is ten times better than PET, for trainer editing. I would attach that file, but well, if my work is easy, who will need that?
    Note: i have to select your text to be able to read it...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    I like the idea, but why spanish? -___-

P.S: What tool are you using to edit the trainer battles?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    I like the idea, but why spanish? -___-

P.S: What tool are you using to edit the trainer battles?

Just because i am from Argentina;)

But like i said, i will pass all data to the english game when i finish the game in the spanish game. Maybe tomorrow.

I am using a table in excel, i created myself. when i change a name, level or attack of a trainer pokemon in a list, it creates in the last page the new hex code for that battle. All codes are in order. After changing all data in page C, in page E i select all celds, copy and paste to notepad. Delete the last enter, copy and past to Word, replace all Enters with nothing (to delete quickly the enters from the list), and recopy that to notepad, again plain text file. Now just select all, copy, and paste special (OEM Text) in hex workshop, where i previously selected all the trainer data zone. Save and play. After changing all trainer data in excel, the rest of the process take me like 30 seconds.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    Wow...that's complicated. I thought you were just using a program.

I'll try your hack. It seems challenging, now to find a Spainsh Emerald rom...

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    Updated the first post with Elite and Champion info.
    In the game, i updated all normal rematches, and the battles in the ship too. Now the last trainers to edit before completing are the gym rematches (four for each gym leader) and Steven, and also i should update the levels of some wild battles.

I took four times to beat the Elite Four. You will need at least a team around level 65 before trying. Get all needed items, but also get more of these items: Attack X, Defense X, etc. You will really need them, try to plain tactics using these. Also there are some difficult pokemons with Double Team, the most noticeable are Kingdra and Ludicolo. You need some attack to work with this (i used Curse from Gengar to curse them, he is defeated, but then i change to milotic for example and it resists until Kingdra goes down)

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • You said you wanted something else thats different for the fighting gym but the hitmons were too powerful..why not use the pre-ev Tyrogue? You can give it some extra attacks that it wouldn't normally have at those levels like Rock Smash or Low Kick..just a suggestion.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2012
    Hey I think the idea is great, pokemon emerald really was too easy,
    so when will you add a finished patch for the spain version?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    You said you wanted something else thats different for the fighting gym but the hitmons were too powerful..why not use the pre-ev Tyrogue? You can give it some extra attacks that it wouldn't normally have at those levels like Rock Smash or Low Kick..just a suggestion.
    I already put Tyrogue for one of the trainers in that gym, but i personally tihnk he doesn't deserve to be a pokemon for a gym leader...

Hey I think the idea is great, pokemon emerald really was too easy,
    so when will you add a finished patch for the spain version?
    if you want to play now, and in the spanish version, you can download already the attached file in first post. It has all changed up to mount pyre. When i finish the patch and repost the ips file, you can just replace your first patched rom with your second, and continue playing your game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    Cdr13, When i wanted 2 play it, the screen became all white.
    Do u test ur own hack when u applied something?

Yes i tested it. It works fine for me. That thing about the white screen happens normally if you haven't put Flash 128K in Options/Emulator/Save Type. But other than that, i don't know why it could happen.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    I uploaded the new patch (spanish version). It is 99% finished. The unique things it still doesn't have are the events to trigger battles with legendary pokemons.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    Finally updated english version!!!!

Doing the trainers data is really simple, copying the same code into a different place. But i had to spend like 4 hours with the boring work of changing the wild data in all hoenn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back