• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Essentials - Changing Battle System

Years
  • Was curious what I would need to change/ delete if I wanted to scrap the essentials battle system and use an RPG or any other system?Not planning on using most of the pokemon-ish files in the folder like animaker, edittext, etc, is it safe to just delete those? Just curious on whats cool to mess with, I started a previous project a while ago and things just weren't working correctly so I'm double checking here to see if I did everything correctly or not.
    Thanks.

Riansky

Purr
    Years
  • Just deleting those scripts wont help you. It would require you to script another tottaly new scripts for battle system you want to use which should be compatible with essentials. Alot of work especially if you're not good at scripting.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Pokemon essentials is not compatible with most RPG Maker scripts - You will run into countless errors.

Essentials Scripts are literally completely different from the RMXP standard and don't function the same - The only thing that isn't different is the RGSS Syntax, and probably a few Constants.

Back