• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Pokemon Essentials how to view an item as an image

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    Hi Guys,

I am creating pokemon cards for my fan game in RPG maker XP Pokemon Essentials. and I can store them in the bags as items.
    But I want the "use" action to show an full screen image of the card, vs the small icon image normally shown,
    I imagine this should not be too hard, can anyone point me to how to put that in as a script / command?

thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Hi Guys,

I am creating pokemon cards for my fan game in RPG maker XP Pokemon Essentials. and I can store them in the bags as items.
    But I want the "use" action to show an full screen image of the card, vs the small icon image normally shown,
    I imagine this should not be too hard, can anyone point me to how to put that in as a script / command?

thanks!

Well I don't know about your situation specifically, but the intro event for the game is basically nothing but showing pictures, so I'd say that's a great place to start as far as making events that show pictures.
    If you're looking to make scripts specifically I'd say any of the bag or part screen menu portions of the scripts discuss calling images.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    Well I don't know about your situation specifically, but the intro event for the game is basically nothing but showing pictures, so I'd say that's a great place to start as far as making events that show pictures.
    If you're looking to make scripts specifically I'd say any of the bag or part screen menu portions of the scripts discuss calling images.

it looks like I need to add a new handle (replacing say TOWNMAP with my item name)

ItemHandlers::UseFromBag.add(:TOWNMAP,proc{|item|
    pbShowMap(-1,false)
    next 1 # Continue
    })

but the question is what code to place here to have it show an image from my graphics folders. Can we see the normal RPG maker command codes for show image? maybe that can be copy pasted in? I also cant find the pbshowmap source code?

The into code seems to define scenes and call specific content , its not in readable way understood by me.

Back