• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Essentials NPC Dialogue Help

Days
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    Hi, new on this site and on pokemon essentials, so I apologize in advance if my question has a already been treated.
    I'm trying to make a dialogue between two npcs. As the base text boxes don't show who is talking (like in Black/White), I figured I could make each npc have a quick "stop animation" before talking, to clearly show when there is a switch.
    Except I can't manage to do it : either the npc doesn't move at all, or doesn't stop moving when selecting "stop animation OFF" in the "set move route" path...
    Is there a kind soul that could help me ?

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Hi, new on this site and on pokemon essentials, so I apologize in advance if my question has a already been treated.
    I'm trying to make a dialogue between two npcs. As the base text boxes don't show who is talking (like in Black/White), I figured I could make each npc have a quick "stop animation" before talking, to clearly show when there is a switch.
    Except I can't manage to do it : either the npc doesn't move at all, or doesn't stop moving when selecting "stop animation OFF" in the "set move route" path...
    Is there a kind soul that could help me ?
    I believe(broken link removed) what you are looking for. Boon has resources here too, but I couldn't find this one everywhere other than Relic. I've tried doing it manually like you in the past and it wasn't worth the hassle, sometimes it would just show one walking frame after stopping - and I had to manually choose the graphic each time with Wait times inbetween. Just use this resource and it's gonna work out of the box. You call it using the command.

Back