• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in.
  • Please note that the site will be down briefly around 10AM EST, 23 February, for planned maintenance.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon Essentials NPC Dialogue Help

Days
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
Hi, new on this site and on pokemon essentials, so I apologize in advance if my question has a already been treated.
I'm trying to make a dialogue between two npcs. As the base text boxes don't show who is talking (like in Black/White), I figured I could make each npc have a quick "stop animation" before talking, to clearly show when there is a switch.
Except I can't manage to do it : either the npc doesn't move at all, or doesn't stop moving when selecting "stop animation OFF" in the "set move route" path...
Is there a kind soul that could help me ?

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 19, 2024
Hi, new on this site and on pokemon essentials, so I apologize in advance if my question has a already been treated.
I'm trying to make a dialogue between two npcs. As the base text boxes don't show who is talking (like in Black/White), I figured I could make each npc have a quick "stop animation" before talking, to clearly show when there is a switch.
Except I can't manage to do it : either the npc doesn't move at all, or doesn't stop moving when selecting "stop animation OFF" in the "set move route" path...
Is there a kind soul that could help me ?
I believe this is exactly what you are looking for. Boon has resources here too, but I couldn't find this one everywhere other than Relic. I've tried doing it manually like you in the past and it wasn't worth the hassle, sometimes it would just show one walking frame after stopping - and I had to manually choose the graphic each time with Wait times inbetween. Just use this resource and it's gonna work out of the box. You call it using the command.

Back