• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Essentials trainers PBS file change?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    I am working on my fan game using RPG Maker and Pokemon Essentials. While I was working on adding the trainers to the PBS file, the wiki page about it changed so that the method of entry is different than before. Does this mean the old method does not work, or is this just a different way to get the same results?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    The old entry method still works, these are the two again just for clarity:
    Spoiler:

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
    The old entry method still works, these are the two again just for clarity:
    Spoiler:

The awkward and annoying thing is that if you are updating 17.2 project to 18, you will have to find the specific trainer battles and copy the LoseText and delete the last parts.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    As far as I know changing the trainer events is completely optional.The trainer battle methods still support the old variant:
    Code:
    def pbTrainerBattle(trainerID, trainerName, endSpeech=nil,
                        doubleBattle=false, trainerPartyID=0, canLose=false, outcomeVar=1)
    Code:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::CAMPER,"Carl",_I("Rude..."),false,0,false,0)
    Still works.

Back