• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Pokemon Essentials v18 New Form help

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2022
    I need to make a Pokémon change its form when night/day and i dont know how to do it, pls help

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    If you want the Pokémon to continuously change forms, you can check the way Rockruff works:

Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:ROCKRUFF,{
      "getForm" => proc { |pkmn|
        next if pkmn.formSimple>=2   # Own Tempo Rockruff cannot become another form
        next 1 if PBDayNight.isNight?
        next 0
      }
    })

or if you want a Pokémon whose form is defined by the time of the day, but when you catch that Pokémon, its form no longer changes, you can check the way Lycanrock works:

Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:LYCANROC,{
      "getFormOnCreation" => proc { |pkmn|
        next 2 if PBDayNight.isEvening?   # Dusk
        next 1 if PBDayNight.isNight?     # Midnight
        next 0                            # Midday
      },
    })

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2022
    If you want the Pokémon to continuously change forms, you can check the way Rockruff works:

Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:ROCKRUFF,{
        next if pkmn.formSimple>=2   # Own Tempo Rockruff cannot become another form
        next 1 if PBDayNight.isNight?
        next 0
      }
    })

or if you want a Pokémon whose form is defined by the time of the day, but when you catch that Pokémon, its form no longer changes, you can check the way Lycanrock works:

Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:LYCANROC,{
      "getFormOnCreation" => proc { |pkmn|
        next 2 if PBDayNight.isEvening?   # Dusk
        next 1 if PBDayNight.isNight?     # Midnight
        next 0                            # Midday
      },
    })

it doesnt changes form when it's day or night tho, i change the clock of my computer to test and it shows the same sprite when day/night

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    it doesnt changes form when it's day or night tho, i change the clock of my computer to test and it shows the same sprite when day/night

What did you do exactly?
    You're supposed to adapt the corresponding code (Lycanroc or Rockruff) to your own Pokémon, also you need to define the form of your Pokémon in the PBS file pokemonforms.txt and also also, have sprites for each form.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2022
    What did you do exactly?
    You're supposed to adapt the corresponding code (Lycanroc or Rockruff) to your own Pokémon, also you need to define the form of your Pokémon in the PBS file pokemonforms.txt and also also, have sprites for each form.

My Pokemon is supposed to change its form depending on the time. I copied the script of Rockruff but replaced ROCKRUFF with the name of the Pokemon

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    My Pokemon is supposed to change its form depending on the time. I copied the script of Rockruff but replaced ROCKRUFF with the name of the Pokemon

Do you have sprites for the different forms of your Pokémon?
    Have you defined the different forms in the PBS file pokemonforms.txt?

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2022
    Do you have sprites for the different forms of your Pokémon?
    Have you defined the different forms in the PBS file pokemonforms.txt?

Yes, i already have the night form sprite and its defined in Pokemonforms.txt

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    You said you copied Rockruff's code; actually the script is to be adapted:
    Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:YOURPOKEMON,{
        next 1 if PBDayNight.isNight?    # Night
        next 0                           # Day
      }
    })
    Assuming form 0 is the day form and form 1 is the night form.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2022
    Since you're talking about lycanroc, I wanted to ask you a question: why, if I have a Rockruff and evolve it at 5 PM, doesn't it evolve to duskform?

sorry for the bad English

ya que hablan de lycanroc queria hacerles una pregunta ¿por que si tengo un Rockruff y lo evoluciono a las 5 Pm no evoluciona al duskform?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    According to Bulbapedia:

A Rockruff with Own Tempo evolves into Dusk Form Lycanroc when leveled up from 7 PM to 7:59 PM in real-time (Generation VIII) or 5 PM to 5:59 PM in in-game time (Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon, equating to 5 PM to 5:59 PM in real-time for Ultra Sun and 5 AM to 5:59 AM in real-time for Ultra Moon).

Rockruff needs to have Own Tempo and be level 25. Do you meet these conditions?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    if it meets the conditions but not the same it evolves to the Midday Form I am using essentialv v18.1 with the 8th generation project

"It meets the conditions but not the same"?
    Thus, it doesn't meet the right conditions!

I use the Gen8 project for Essentials v18.1 too.

Rockruff needs to be generated in form 2. It cannot switch form depending on the time of the day. Can you check if your Pokémon is in form 2?
    Create an event, and paste this line in a script in that event:
    Code:
    pbMessage(_INTL("Rockruff form = {1}", $Trainer.party[0].form))
    Then put Rockruff at the first position in your party, and talk to that event. What form is it ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Hello
    Does anyone have an extra own tempo Rockruff ? or can breed one for me? Unfortunately I can't offer anything good in return.
    My FC: SW-0067-5433-3217
    Thank you in advance

Back