• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Pokemon Essentials Z Moves

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    So I got Amethyst's Z Move Addon Pack for my Essentials game. It was said that in the scripts we have to change the MEGARING to the ZRING, which I did, before adding a ZRING in my items.txt, icons and all.

Then I got to playtesting, gave my Pikachu a Pikanium Z, gave myself a Z Ring, and went to battle. When the battle started, there was the usual Z icon on top; I pressed Z and then I had to select a move (Volt Tackle is the one for Pikanium Z). But when I did, it just told me this-

this move isn't compatible with !

You read that right. There is nothing after that with and before that exclamation mark. The same went for Electrium Z and Pikashunium Z, no matter what I did, whether I used it on Pikachu, gave it to Pikachu, or whatnot. I got the same result over and over again.

Can anyone help me?:confused:

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    Basically Z-moves evolves a move into a more powerful move. Maybe your Pikachu has no Electric type move or the move required to use Pikanium Z. Try using Normalium Z on it!

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Basically Z-moves evolves a move into a more powerful move. Maybe your Pikachu has no Electric type move or the move required to use Pikanium Z. Try using Normalium Z on it!

Okay, so I did as you said, and it does work, but what confuses me is that when I had an Electrium Z with Pikachu, it did know how to use electric moves- Thundershock and Electro Ball (through debug), but it still didn't work.

Also, after I use every move in a battle, I get this error, and then my game resumes as usual. This happens after I use a move, any move, not just my Z Move.

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError

PokeBattle_Battle:1854:in `pbUseZMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3905:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battle:2984:in `pbAttackPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2981:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:2981:in `pbAttackPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2969:in `times'

PokeBattle_Battle:2969:in `pbAttackPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2661:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2660:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battle:2660:in `pbStartBattleCore'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\wickedsoham\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Any ideas?

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Okay, I've sort of managed to narrow down the problem. It doesn't matter if I have a Waterium Z or Electrium Z, the game keeps acting as if I have a Normalium Z.
    If I have a WateriumZ in my bag, I can't use any water-type Z moves, but I can use normal-type Z moves. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Do I need to change something in the scripts?

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    Okay, I've sort of managed to narrow down the problem. It doesn't matter if I have a Waterium Z or Electrium Z, the game keeps acting as if I have a Normalium Z.
    If I have a WateriumZ in my bag, I can't use any water-type Z moves, but I can use normal-type Z moves. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Do I need to change something in the scripts?

didn't used Z-moves or added them in Essentials so no idea for it!

Back