• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Misc Engine] Pokemon Eternity - Realtime Battles

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023

Pokemon Eternity - Realtime Battles

Pokemon Eternity is an online game tailored for a Pokemon experience that melds the handheld game and the anime into a new experience.

Explore the new region of Eiena with your persona and build your own team of Pokemon to battle against real players, trainers, and gym leaders!

Hello all, this is our game called Pokemon Eternity, it has been in and out of development for a while and are now ready for testers and grow our community before we push forward into the next phases of development. We have released our alpha stage and am inviting anyone interested to come try it out to participate in growing this game into something great.

To avoid overloading this with thread too much information, you can find our existing thread with all the information and features, with a playable alpha: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=456012

Since this project is ambitious, we do need additional help with various parts of it. This way we can get out content faster.

These are the current positions:

Mapper - Really need an experienced mapper. Since everything takes place in the overworld, scenery and layouts are key. Someone who is adaptable, since our battles are in the overworld they need to be larger while still maintaining a Pokemon feel.
    (A custom map editor is used for the game, although easy to get into if you've used a map editor before.)

UI Designer - We are constantly adding new systems all which need their own interfaces. This person would be responsible for mocking up the best ways to show the information as well as creating game-like sprites for them.

Spriters - Specifics: Tiles, overworld, or UI, we can always use the help to make the game look more unique. Also open to player customization and any other graphics you may be interested in providing.

Quest Writers - Someone who is good at storytelling and/or dialogue. Would like to add additional side quests with NPC dialogue, NPC names, etc.

Game Design - Responsible for working with the team on fleshing out specifics of new systems. Not just, "Hey it'd be cool to have this". Come up with how it should work, what requirements should be on it, hard numbers, that sort of thing.

I am also open to any other positions if you feel you can contribute.

All positions require some sort of proof you can accomplish the tasks. If you sprite, show me examples, if you map, show me maps, etc.

Our Discord can be found at: https://discord.gg/GftE3zb

You can also DM me here on the forums.

Pokemon Eternity - Realtime Battles

Back