• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Etzion Version

Who should your rival be?

• Gary(the original rival)

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Ash(red)

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Other. Post a comment with your choice.

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    The game though looks really great, since .4 is going to be released soon though I'll wait til it is to try it.

As for a rival why not just make a completely new one? Edit the sprites Like the Way Shiny Gold had new rivals. Personally I like to see new ones, It makes it feel better as you don't have the same generic rival over and over.

Last edited by a moderator:

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    The game though looks really great, since .4 is going to be released soon though I'll wait til it is to try it.

As for a rival why not just make a completely new one? Edit the sprites Like the Way Shiny Gold had new rivals. Personally I like to see new ones, It makes it feel better as you don't have the same generic rival over and over.
    i will take that into consideration. i think what i will do is make your main rival ash (since it won the poll) and make some new rivals like shiny gold had.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Alright, Now I have to ask (and far be it from me to sway how you want to run things it is your hack). Are you interested in any other starters? most of the time the regular starters make things to easy even if you do chose the wrong one to make things harder. The regulars are just that strong, People have done starters in every way imaginable and you seem to want to make the game really challenging. I think that this could be accomplished better with wild pokemon as the starters.

I can't really program anything at all, I wanted to get into it but I don't think I'd have the time to do it. Otherwise I would volunteer to help with it. If you want though I can make you a banner though.

And I would like to volunteer for beta testing, should you ever make betas not public.

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Alright, Now I have to ask (and far be it from me to sway how you want to run things it is your hack). Are you interested in any other starters? most of the time the regular starters make things to easy even if you do chose the wrong one to make things harder. The regulars are just that strong, People have done starters in every way imaginable and you seem to want to make the game really challenging. I think that this could be accomplished better with wild pokemon as the starters.

I can't really program anything at all, I wanted to get into it but I don't think I'd have the time to do it. Otherwise I would volunteer to help with it. If you want though I can make you a banner though.

And I would like to volunteer for beta testing, should you ever make betas not public.
    I was thinking of making different starters. but it did not work out. it was voltorb,goldeen, and sandshrew. but sandshrew was way to Overpowered. so for now its the 3 hoen starters. if you could make a vbanner that would be incrediable. also if you think of new starters i know how to put them in really easy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I was thinking of making different starters. but it did not work out. it was voltorb,goldeen, and sandshrew. but sandshrew was way to Overpowered. so for now its the 3 hoen starters. if you could make a vbanner that would be incrediable. also if you think of new starters i know how to put them in really easy.
    I'll try out the game ang tell you what I think about the starters. ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Got an Idea already. It will balance out but they are a little uneven in the first Rival battle. After that it will all depend on what moves you set with the rival that makes it challenging that way. But it will make the game challenging as well.

Grimer, Seedot, Slowpoke.

Poison, Grass/dark/ Water/psychic.

psychic hurts Posion, poison hurts grass, and Seedot starts as grass but goes to dark in evolutions.

All start with attacks that you have to think how to use and is stays that way for a while.

The problem is that at first no matter what you choose Grimer is automatically the best. Because it starts with poison gas and pound but that can be worked out.

Besides that its fairly balanced and I think it fits with what I have played so far.

Also just in case people want it you might want to think about writing a different script for slowpoke if you decide this, you know incase people want slowking and not Slowbro. Just have it evolve with a water stone and put one in early for it.

Last edited:

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Got an Idea already. It will balance out but they are a little uneven in the first Rival battle. After that it will all depend on what moves you set with the rival that makes it challenging that way. But it will make the game challenging as well.

Grimer, Seedot, Slowpoke.

Poison, Grass/dark/ Water/psychic.

psychic hurts Posion, poison hurts grass, and Seedot starts as grass but goes to dark in evolutions.

All start with attacks that you have to think how to use and is stays that way for a while.

The problem is that at first no matter what you choose Grimer is automatically the best. Because it starts with poison gas and pound but that can be worked out.

Besides that its fairly balanced and I think it fits with what I have played so far.

Also just in case people want it you might want to think about writing a different script for slowpoke if you decide this, you know in case people want slowking and not Slowbro. Just have it evolve with a water stone and put one in early for it.

I dont think those are good starters to pick because they have two types on them. They also are wat diffrent in terms of stats. Also keep in mind that your players parents are from the hoen region (brendon/may) and you want to be just like them. The game will bring back memories from r/s/e if you have the hoen starters and i like that. Unless we find some Really good Match ups for starters i have to keep the heon starters.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I dont think those are good starters to pick because they have two types on them. They also are wat diffrent in terms of stats. Also keep in mind that your players parents are from the hoen region (brendon/may) and you want to be just like them. The game will bring back memories from r/s/e if you have the hoen starters and i like that. Unless we find some Really good Match ups for starters i have to keep the heon starters.
    Those seem to appear in every region though. XD

I was focusing more on their attacks than the actual stats because their attacks make you think. But you are right. When it comes to hoen region pokemon though I can't really find any challenging ones without mixing from other regions. XD

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    ASh is now your rival!

Woot! I finished all the ash OW sprites and i fixed it to show ash when you battle your rival! all that's left is to edit the introduction where it shows gary... i'm leaving that for latter when i do may/brendons kids sprite as well.

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    ALPHA 0.5!!!!!!

Alpha 0.5 is out!! Surprised? That's right a night after 0.4 ---> 0.5 is out! I had a lot of time today with nothing to do.. LOL!
    New Features

• some bugs fixed.
    • Ash is now you rival
    • New mountain tiles
    • Mount siniah is now different from mount moon not just moved. (new maze) but not finished. completely

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I think I'm going to make your rival start with a pikachu and I'm not sure what you start with.

GaryOGaryProductions

Supporter of Pokémon Elite
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2013
    i made a banner for you ariel, it's in my signature.
    when you click on it, it brings you to this page.

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    thanks ori.
    remember when my friend got traded for bubble gum?

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    thanks Chaos Dirge and Ori for Banners.
    I need help picking some starters by the way. i need 2 starters that are week against pikachu (your rivals pokemon) I'm thinking of 2 water pokemon that are not that strong

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I made two new Gym Leaders!

I made these two Leaders. Tell me if you like them.
    Pokemon Etzion Version
    I don't know his name yet or his pokemon type. ill take suggestions though

Pokemon Etzion Version
    Alice- ghost pokemon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back